Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-23-2020, 08:48 AM   #29
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Thing that got me was that Ganley is where my Uncle bought his 2013 Corvette 427 Convertible, and my Mom bought her 2016 Corvette. I worked with the same salesman they both had, and he's known I was eventually going to order a Camaro from him for a long time. It seemed like there shouldn't be any issues. Until the Camaro came in and he would not budge on the price at all. Sticker. Not a dime off. It didn't matter that both my Mom and Uncle got good deals and they both bought from the same guy. I ordered the car in November last year right after they returned from the strike, and it came in the first week of January. I tried over a period of 3 weeks to get a deal together with him. He refused. But I don't think it was necessarily his fault. His sales manager came out both the last two times and wouldn't even meet me at $2k off sticker plus tax and fees.

So I gave up. I wasn't going to fight them, and I don't buy cars for sticker price.

I ended up getting this one for over $5k off sticker, before my GM card points, and was very happy with Serpentini. Yes it's a '19, and I know that's why I got a good deal on it, but for all intents and purposes it's the same exact car as the '20. And for repeat business I really should have gotten a better deal at Ganley. But their loss. It was still on the lot last I checked lol
Yes, definitely their loss! What a crappy way to treat you with all of the business that your family gave them. I'm with you as I never pay MSRP either. Got mine for around $5,000 off too.

When this COVID-19 situation passes, we need to meet-up. I may have already waved at you when cruising mine as I always wave at fellow Camaro owners when I see them.

Take care of you and yours!
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:18 AM   #30
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Thing that got me was that Ganley is where my Uncle bought his 2013 Corvette 427 Convertible, and my Mom bought her 2016 Corvette. I worked with the same salesman they both had, and he's known I was eventually going to order a Camaro from him for a long time. It seemed like there shouldn't be any issues. Until the Camaro came in and he would not budge on the price at all. Sticker. Not a dime off. It didn't matter that both my Mom and Uncle got good deals and they both bought from the same guy. I ordered the car in November last year right after they returned from the strike, and it came in the first week of January. I tried over a period of 3 weeks to get a deal together with him. He refused. But I don't think it was necessarily his fault. His sales manager came out both the last two times and wouldn't even meet me at $2k off sticker plus tax and fees.

So I gave up. I wasn't going to fight them, and I don't buy cars for sticker price.

I ended up getting this one for over $5k off sticker, before my GM card points, and was very happy with Serpentini. Yes it's a '19, and I know that's why I got a good deal on it, but for all intents and purposes it's the same exact car as the '20. And for repeat business I really should have gotten a better deal at Ganley. But their loss. It was still on the lot last I checked lol
You ordered the car? But, didn't have a deal in place when you did so? If you didn't hash out a deal and place a deposit prior to ordering, then I suspect that the car was never ordered "for you" in the first place and that's why they wouldn't budge on price. They were likely talking about that car coming to a variety of possibly interested in parties while they were waiting for it and believed they could sell it at full sticker.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:55 AM   #31
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
You ordered the car? But, didn't have a deal in place when you did so? If you didn't hash out a deal and place a deposit prior to ordering, then I suspect that the car was never ordered "for you" in the first place and that's why they wouldn't budge on price. They were likely talking about that car coming to a variety of possibly interested in parties while they were waiting for it and believed they could sell it at full sticker.
No, I ordered it myself. Sat down with him, gave him the trim/transmission/option specs and colors I wanted. I had an order code when it was processed. This was back in November last year. No deposit or deal worked before he ordered it.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:57 AM   #32
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
Yes, definitely their loss! What a crappy way to treat you with all of the business that your family gave them. I'm with you as I never pay MSRP either. Got mine for around $5,000 off too.

When this COVID-19 situation passes, we need to meet-up. I may have already waved at you when cruising mine as I always wave at fellow Camaro owners when I see them.

Take care of you and yours!
Definitely. What part of town are you in? I’m west side, North Olmsted.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:59 AM   #33
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
No, I ordered it myself. Sat down with him, gave him the trim/transmission/option specs and colors I wanted. I had an order code when it was processed. This was back in November last year. No deposit or deal worked before he ordered it.
Even though you got the order code, it was never "your car" because there wasn't a contract in place. They may have placed an order using your preferences, but it was only ordered for stock...

Either way, sucks that they treated you that way.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:59 AM   #34
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Definitely. What part of town are you in? I’m west side, North Olmsted.
Middleburg Heights
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote