Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 09-03-2015, 05:02 PM   #43
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerhash28 View Post
My dad's favourite american in his favourite color.he starred at your pics for 15 minutes
lol I do the same thing when I see a pic of something I like.
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:11 PM   #44
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
Ford never should have discontinued the 7.3 International turbo diesel. I have a 2000 with 386,000 miles. Original tranny and engine.
Couldn't pass the emissions with the 7.3 and they ended up rushing the 6.0 and a new complicated turbo! At lot of issues happened when people added extra performance stuff without upgrading the head bolts. Result was a lot of blown head gaskets!
Old 09-03-2015, 05:41 PM   #45
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Couldn't pass the emissions with the 7.3 and they ended up rushing the 6.0 and a new complicated turbo! At lot of issues happened when people added extra performance stuff without upgrading the head bolts. Result was a lot of blown head gaskets!

All true.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:59 PM   #46
Hypertrophy

Drives: truck
Its easier make a camaro look like a muscle car, but I've seen some mustangs that looked really good.
Hypertrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:38 PM   #47
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
I like both cars. I'm much happier with what Ford has done with the Mustang lately in terms of boldness - they went a lot further with their 2015 redesign than Chevy did with the 6th Gen, and the boldness of the GT350R is something GM just refuses to do.

That being said, I think the Mustang GT is a lukewarm substitute for the Camaro SS. The Camaro has a cost premium for a reason - it is a better made car. For the entry level V8, Ford is playing catch-up, and let's not forget how much easier it is to maintain and modify an OHV vs DOHC motor.

If I had $65,000 to burn on a car, the Mustang GT350R would give anything GM has to offer a run for its money. When it comes to the Mustang GT vs the Camaro SS, the Mustang GT in my opinion falls very short and is very watered down by comparison. I like what they've done to the GT in 2015 for sure, but it is still in the Camaro's rear view in terms of quality, aggressiveness and raw performance and power.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:04 PM   #48
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
I've loved muscle cars, like forever. The Mustang/Camaro rivalry is the best in my opinion, because we all win, when it comes to prices. For some of us anyway. I've always loved the Camaro and still want to someday restore a '69 Camaro. I've never talked crap about the Mustang...only during drag races with friends. Gotta love the ribbing when I win...but also have to take when I lose. But all in good fun. In the end, I like both cars, but will always buy a Camaro.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:48 AM   #49
Davy_Baby9

Drives: Duramax
I thought the last gen mustang was more fun to drive than the 5th gen camaro. I'm a GM guy, but the older I get the more objective the decisions get. I'll test drive a new mustang to compare to the 6th gen camaro.
Davy_Baby9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:50 AM   #50
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 View Post
I thought the last gen mustang was more fun to drive than the 5th gen camaro. I'm a GM guy, but the older I get the more objective the decisions get. I'll test drive a new mustang to compare to the 6th gen camaro.
The 5th gen Mustang was more raw and 5th gen Camaro more refined/subdued... Which is kind of what the 6th gen Mustang feels like.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:03 AM   #51
Davy_Baby9

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
The 5th gen Mustang was more raw and 5th gen Camaro more refined/subdued... Which is kind of what the 6th gen Mustang feels like.
I liked that "raw" feeling. It was just fun, jump in and run through the gears, felt light on it's feet, etc.

Camaro was great, but it was soo good at everything it felt vanila in comparison. I'm hoping to get some of that light on it's feet, have fun in with the lighter 6th gen.
Davy_Baby9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 04:08 PM   #52
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Before I even drove a car or got into cars, I always thought the Mustangs were ugly and ricey. For the most part they still are.

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:40 PM   #53
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 View Post
I liked that "raw" feeling. It was just fun, jump in and run through the gears, felt light on it's feet, etc.

Camaro was great, but it was soo good at everything it felt vanila in comparison. I'm hoping to get some of that light on it's feet, have fun in with the lighter 6th gen.
I felt the same way about my 5th gen. Hard for me to admit and I can't really figure out why... But I think I enjoyed my 4th gen more.

Good car. Hoping the driving experience is a bit more exciting this time. Lowered dash line as well as a new chassis it should feel way different. Hopefully for the better.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 12:28 PM   #54
Noob

Drives: AUDI 80
sat in a GT last week and i found it very comfortable and the alu dashboard looks nice.
great long and wide hood now; very good all around view !!
passenger feels involved in driving when sitting behind the same alu dashboard as the driver....my wife said suddenly: "let us sell the house...."
I think the new Camaro will be close to that interior but offfers much better tech stuff like HUD, sunroof, quad exhaust, MRC and and and.
The Camaro is now 4cm less wide than the stang which is a good thing for daily driving here in europe with narrow roads !
On the othe rhand the Camaro is another 3cm lower than the GT and i´m 6.6 tall; get a bit worried after the C7 desaster.
Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 03:07 PM   #55
neutral

Drives: Ask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c5Legend View Post
Before I even drove a car or got into cars, I always thought the Mustangs were ugly and ricey. For the most part they still are.
You don't know what "rice" even means. If you think it's ugly, cool, that's your opinion.
neutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 04:11 PM   #56
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Previous Mustang was nice. American.

New one is just some trendy euro-japanese look.

You can take any car in the Ford lineup, all of them have the same fascia. Just same elements sretched little different.

I also hate thisMustang for making it a four banger ... and Camaro following ... so lame...

this Mustang is just another honda ...