Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Emblempros

Old 08-24-2019, 06:23 PM   #43
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
Well, you sit low in the Camaro too albeit not not as low as the Corvette. And visibility isn't the greatest but I'm used to it. You'd have to let your wife test drive the SS. I personally would never refuse to drive a Vette manual....nope.
my wife didn't like the low seating position and limited visibility in a C5/6 as a passenger even - but the Camaro she likes. So there must be some difference.
As a driver - I agree you still seem to sit pretty low even in a Camaro.
But I'm not going to argue with the point - because I love the Camaro even more than the C5/6's I owed! So I'm rolling with it!
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 06:24 PM   #44
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
It's a play toy, I drive it when I want to play which isn't very often.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
My play toy is my 71 - and I drive that a few times a month typically. I drive the SS a lot more - about as much as I drive anything, but I have 3 cars and a truck so I spread the wealth a bit and that's why I still only have 12K after 3 years.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 08:42 PM   #45
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
I can't imagine having a 2ss for 2 1/2+ years and not even having 5k miles on the car. :P
I meant 9K. Sorry
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 12:18 PM   #46
Fraxum

Drives: Searching for the right SS/ZL1
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I hear this buy a ZL1 instead of the SS. I have owned both. The problem is the ZL1 is just too much for the street. You cannot let it all hang out for very long or often. And the ZL1 will take a much bigger depreciation hit than other Camaros.

And while the SS/LT1 is fast, it's power level is much more usable on the street so to me was more fun as a driver. And there is the SS 1LE which handles just like a ZL1, but is more tossable like the SS. And it will not punish your normal driving experience. Even more BMWish than the older BMWs and with a ripping small block Chevy.

It just may be the ultimate Camaro ever.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:52 PM   #47
Deputy Dog

Drives: 2017 Go Kart
Its not like a Lambo or Ferrari that stay garaged and never see high mileage, its got a corvette engine. Made to be driven and pushed. Mine is a DD. Coming up on 28k mi. 17 SS 6 spd.

Last edited by Deputy Dog; 08-25-2019 at 02:10 PM.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote