Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 08-09-2019, 06:17 AM   #1
SpinnerPaddlefoot

Drives: VW GTI
Surprise Brake Squeal Resolution

Took my 2018 2SS Camaro to a dealership a couple of months ago with brake squealing issues whenever I applied light to moderate pressure, which seemed to be originating from one of the front wheels. Because my mileage was over 7,500, the dealership would only offer to turn all rotors for $500. Based upon their response, it appeared that they were not even willing to find out which of the wheels was the noise maker and provide a solution to fix it only. I passed on that offer.

Dropped the car off at another dealer who called the next day saying that they had rotors on order for the front. I inquired as to how much the rotors plus installation would cost, and my service rep said no charge, as there was some TSB from Chevy for that issue. Couldn't be happier. Has anyone else run across the free rotors from Chevy?
SpinnerPaddlefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM   #2
aj1203

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro 2ss
My brakes have squealed for months now and my car is never driven hard and she only has 12K miles .....what was the TSB or recall information ?
aj1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:25 AM   #3
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Stock OEM Rotors on my 2017 are garbage. No point getting them resurfaced they cut corners on quality control really bad.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.737s @ 106MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is online now   Reply With Quote