Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge


Emblempros


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2018, 04:13 PM   #71
BMR Sales



 
BMR Sales's Avatar
 
Drives: Race Car
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seffner, FL
Posts: 5,280
That's probably because he has been making Big Bank for years, knows he only has a year or 2 in tank and doesn't wasn't to get Trashed by the Saints Fans.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:52 PM   #72
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 56,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
That's probably because he has been making Big Bank for years, knows he only has a year or 2 in tank and doesn't wasn't to get Trashed by the Saints Fans.
I don't know, if I was a Saints fan, and the only QB to ever bring my city a Lombardi, i'd say give him whatever he wants. lol
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:09 AM   #73
3 SS's


 
3 SS's's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevelle SS's
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: outta my mind
Posts: 3,033
probably feels more money for other players gives him a better chance at a 2nd ring
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:21 AM   #74
3 SS's


 
3 SS's's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevelle SS's
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: outta my mind
Posts: 3,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
I do firmly believe that about 45% of the reason why the Patriots have been so good is because they play in a weak division. The Bills finally made the playoffs after almost 20 years. They haven't won the division since...1995? The Jets have won the division twice since 2003. The Dolphins? Once..

Meanwhile, in the AFC South, every team has won the division at least once in the last 18 years. Every team except the Jaguars has won it at least 3x. All the teams in the division have made the AFC Championship game in the last 20 years except the Texans, altho they did make the divisional rounds several times.

You bring up the Texans and Colts going 4-12....the Colts went 4-9 in games they had a lead in either the 3rd or 4th quarter....and that was with a backup QB that barely knew the offense. As for the Texans, they won the division last year and won a playoff game as well. They had a brand new QB that had the team rolling until an unfortunate ACL injury.

Yet, both the Titans and Jaguars made the playoffs.

The East has been open...the Patriots have had seasons where they went 3-3 in the division multiple times...unfortunately...the teams fell apart after mid-season. Put New England in the AFC West or North...and I can promise you that they don't go to the playoffs for 5-6 years in a row as division champs....same goes for the AFC South as well...

LOL just saw that, for the record, not once in Brady Belichick era did they ever lose 3 in the division...... and please tell me which of the teams in those other divisions the Pats struggle with...or even have a losing record to, so much that they couldn't win the division 5 or 6 times in a row?
Not saying they definitely would....but you seem pretty positive they wouldn't.


Last edited by 3 SS's; 02-23-2018 at 05:24 PM.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:11 AM   #75
DevilsReject97
Nightmare
 
DevilsReject97's Avatar
 
Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Naptown
Posts: 2,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
LOL just saw that, for the record, not once in Brady Belichick era did they ever lose 3 in the division...... and please tell me which of the teams in those other divisions the Pats struggle with...or even have a losing record to, so much that they couldn't win the division 5 or 6 times in a row?
Not saying they definitely would....but you seem pretty positive they wouldn't.

I stand corrected, they have never gone 3-3. However, they've gone 4-2 a lot. Still, that's a lot of wins extra versus fewer losses.

As for the other divisions, its simple facts really. The AFC East has been crap since 2002. You've had one "decent" QB in that division not named Brady that's lasted more than maybe 2-3 years in that division in Tannehill. I'm not going to count Favre's one year run as the QB for the Jets, but ironically, that's one of the two times in the last 16 seasons the Patriots didn't win the division.

As for the other divisions, you would have Phillip Rivers, Peyton Manning, Big Ben, Alex Smith, Joe Flacco...etc etc etc.. which makes a massive difference. If you look at the playoff teams over the last 10 years....you see the AFC West and AFC North routinely putting in two teams. Pretty sure they even managed to get 3 in one or two years as well.

Imagine having to play the Steelers and the Ravens twice in the regular season...that's 4 games against teams that are routine playoff contenders. The Ravens have beaten the Patriots as many times in recent memory as the Patriots have beaten the Ravens. The Steelers and Patriots are more one-sided in favor of the Pats...but they've all mostly been hard-hitting close fought games... it just changes the way things are in the division.

And there has been no team, in recent memory, that has dominated a division like the Patriots has in the last 20 years. In fact, ever since the Buffalo Bills failed to win a SB, they've been a joke of a franchise. The Jets are always a team that underachieves....and the Dolphins haven't been anything since Marino retired.... so you don't think that playing crap teams has nothing to do with how things play out? Instead of going 13-3 and 14-2...imagine going 10-6....that drastically changes playoff runs...which in turn adds chances for injuries...
__________________
DevilsReject97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:15 PM   #76
3 SS's


 
3 SS's's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevelle SS's
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: outta my mind
Posts: 3,033
Pennington deserves a mention in your AFC East QB's, more so than Tannehill
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:46 PM   #77
DevilsReject97
Nightmare
 
DevilsReject97's Avatar
 
Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Naptown
Posts: 2,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
Pennington deserves a mention in your AFC East QB's, more so than Tannehill
I'd agree he deserves a nod, but I still think Tannehill is the second best QB to enter the division since 2004. Pennington was okay, but his early shoulder injury pretty much destroyed his career. He was a gutsy player, I respect the absolute crap out of him....but he was never what I'd call more than a tier 2 QB.

The Pats would still be a tough team...but they just wouldnt have 8 SB appearances if they played in any other AFC division but the East...even the South is stronger than the East (not every year, but most years).
__________________
DevilsReject97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:03 PM   #78
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 56,439
Johnny Manziel willing to play on a practice squad and earn $0 guaranteed money. Guy is desperate.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 04:10 PM   #79
sherob


 
sherob's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Brighton, CO
Posts: 2,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Johnny Manziel willing to play on a practice squad and earn $0 guaranteed money. Guy is desperate.
If only Lithuania had a football league...
__________________
ďThe Eagles and the Captain and Tennille ruled the airwaves, and we were the answer to it.Ē - Joey Ramone

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 08:00 PM   #80
Eyefixstuff
 
Eyefixstuff's Avatar
 
Drives: 16’ 2SS A8 HBM Procharged
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Boston
Posts: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
I stand corrected, they have never gone 3-3. However, they've gone 4-2 a lot. Still, that's a lot of wins extra versus fewer losses.

As for the other divisions, its simple facts really. The AFC East has been crap since 2002. You've had one "decent" QB in that division not named Brady that's lasted more than maybe 2-3 years in that division in Tannehill. I'm not going to count Favre's one year run as the QB for the Jets, but ironically, that's one of the two times in the last 16 seasons the Patriots didn't win the division.

As for the other divisions, you would have Phillip Rivers, Peyton Manning, Big Ben, Alex Smith, Joe Flacco...etc etc etc.. which makes a massive difference. If you look at the playoff teams over the last 10 years....you see the AFC West and AFC North routinely putting in two teams. Pretty sure they even managed to get 3 in one or two years as well.

Imagine having to play the Steelers and the Ravens twice in the regular season...that's 4 games against teams that are routine playoff contenders. The Ravens have beaten the Patriots as many times in recent memory as the Patriots have beaten the Ravens. The Steelers and Patriots are more one-sided in favor of the Pats...but they've all mostly been hard-hitting close fought games... it just changes the way things are in the division.

And there has been no team, in recent memory, that has dominated a division like the Patriots has in the last 20 years. In fact, ever since the Buffalo Bills failed to win a SB, they've been a joke of a franchise. The Jets are always a team that underachieves....and the Dolphins haven't been anything since Marino retired.... so you don't think that playing crap teams has nothing to do with how things play out? Instead of going 13-3 and 14-2...imagine going 10-6....that drastically changes playoff runs...which in turn adds chances for injuries...
You say that, but look at Bradyís W/L vs the other divisions. And the last couple of years Iím pretty sure that the AFC east was actually one of the most winning divisions in total wins BESIDES the divisions winners, and thatís including all the losses those teams usually get from the patriots. Iíve heard this argument many times, but their consistency is not because the division is bad. It is the foundation from owner, coach, and the best QB to play the game. And at this point I think it would be pretty foolish to say he isnít. ďJoe Montana is better, he was undefeated in Super BowlsĒ. Okay, he also went one in done in the playoffs too. Would still rather get there 8 times and win only 5. Itís pretty astonishing if you think about it. Even if Iím a biased fan. Half of his starting career heís been to the Super Bowl. (Not counting 2008 where he didnít play.)

But the end is soon near. Though I hate to admit it, Iím also glad I grew up watching this guy and this team. Itís been awesome and Iíll never forget it.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...adTo00/splits/
__________________
16' 2SS A8 Hyperblue | P1SC-1, Race IC | JMS fuel pump voltage booster | Jannetty custom tune | Elite E2-X catch can | M017 Wheels
Eyefixstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:52 PM   #81
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 56,439
As a pats fan, I'd try to forget about how they made a few of those SB as well, and dub them the greatest franchise in the history of football with the greatest QB of all time, as well. Just plug my ears and say everyone is a hater if they don't agree with me.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 06:05 PM   #82
3 SS's


 
3 SS's's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevelle SS's
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: outta my mind
Posts: 3,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
As a pats fan, I'd try to forget about how they made a few of those SB as well, and dub them the greatest franchise in the history of football with the greatest QB of all time, as well. Just plug my ears and say everyone is a hater if they don't agree with me.
please explain ?...oh wait, they cheated fool

Last edited by 3 SS's; 03-01-2018 at 06:17 PM.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:25 PM   #83
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 56,439
must have forgot the tuck rule. which even with that rule, brady's arm stopped going forward at the time of the fumble. you can argue until you are blue in the face, but even brady thought it was a fumble. keep up with the name calling as well. Maybe grow up?
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:30 PM   #84
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 56,439
also, I'm not the fool for thinking they are cheaters, when the league fined them heavily. They aren't going to fine the whole organization if it was no big deal and get rid of the tapes before you can say "Tom Brady is GOAT".
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.