Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-20-2019, 06:59 PM   #15
MemBluff23

Drives: 19 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanick View Post
The rear is stock but I ordered a quad w/diffuser and just need to install it this week or next week when I put on my AWE axle back track exhaust setup w/quad tips
Cool, please post when you do. I plan to get the kit myself, just wonder how the sides and rear looked.
MemBluff23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:03 PM   #16
floridanick

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemBluff23 View Post
Cool, please post when you do. I plan to get the kit myself, just wonder how the sides and rear looked.
I am not sure if I ordered the complete kit or I just ordered the rockers and splitter... thinking the later. That was my issue too is that the dealer and online has nothing about the back side.

Picked this up on Amazon and to be honest it looks great, will see if I still feel that way after installing it though. Hopefully it all lines up but overall look is impressive.

https://www.amazon.com/2016-2018-Cam...evrolet+Camaro
floridanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:23 AM   #17
overdriv

Drives: 1969 Chevelle SS 2019 2SS Camaro
Thanks for the info and that defuser looks good too.
Can't wait to see the pics of it.
overdriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 02:00 AM   #18
floridanick

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdriv View Post
Thanks for the info and that defuser looks good too.
Can't wait to see the pics of it.
Installed the new rear diffuser, AWE track edition axle back quad exhaust and its pretty loud

Old 12-03-2019, 12:12 PM   #19
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
I wanted to throw an update in the thread with links to pictures in case anyone wanted to see the 2nd Gen parts on some actual cars:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...&postcount=170

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=21
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 11:23 AM   #20
overdriv

Drives: 1969 Chevelle SS 2019 2SS Camaro
The splitter and side rockers is exactly what I want.

Did you guys get them from GM?

Do you mind saying what you gave for them?

Did you install them yourself?

One more question, how much lower are they from stock?

Last edited by overdriv; 01-12-2020 at 11:28 AM. Reason: One more ?
overdriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 11:33 AM   #21
floridanick

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdriv View Post
The splitter and side rockers is exactly what I want.

Did you guys get them from GM?

Do you mind saying what you gave for them?

Did you install them yourself?
GM performance https://accessories.chevrolet.com/se...bodyNumDoors=7

Ground Effects Kit in Black for SS Models with Quad Exhaust
Part No. : 84116167
MSRP $1,995.00*
Old 01-13-2020, 11:25 AM   #22
kraut1971
BITCHN Camaro

Drives: SOLD! Back in the looking zone...
following
Old 01-30-2020, 11:03 PM   #23
Max Headroom

Drives: 2018 GMC Canyon, 2016 Camaro 2SS
Can anyone confirm that the Second Generation Rocker Panel Moulding Set #84486684 can be installed on a 2016 SS? Thanks.
Max Headroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 12:18 AM   #24
Bananimal

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE Camaro
I ordered a set from ShopChevyParts.com and received the product today. Open up the box and there is a sheet telling me for installation instructions, head to my dealer. Really? The website stated installation instruction were included. That's not the case.

Be advised, if you plan on installing these yourself, you can expect to have to go beg the service department at your dealership for the instructions. Hopefully, I will be able to get the instructions from them tomorrow. The weather is going to be perfect for some wrenching in the garage.

Also be advised there are no pre-drilled mounting holes for the pop rivets in the mounting bracket. It is ultimately left up to you, or the instructions I don't have, to determine where to drill the holes in the mounting bracket. This makes installation much harder than it needed to be.
Bananimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 12:33 AM   #25
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananimal View Post
I ordered a set from ShopChevyParts.com and received the product today. Open up the box and there is a sheet telling me for installation instructions, head to my dealer. Really? The website stated installation instruction were included. That's not the case.

Be advised, if you plan on installing these yourself, you can expect to have to go beg the service department at your dealership for the instructions. Hopefully, I will be able to get the instructions from them tomorrow. The weather is going to be perfect for some wrenching in the garage.

Also be advised there are no pre-drilled mounting holes for the pop rivets in the mounting bracket. It is ultimately left up to you, or the instructions I don't have, to determine where to drill the holes in the mounting bracket. This makes installation much harder than it needed to be.
I REALLY wanted the 1st Gen Ground Effects for my 2020 2SS... One of the dealers I was working with actually talked me out of the ground effects (it was a $2,250 option he was advising AGAINST!), said GM changes suppliers on these type of things far too often... I wanted the original Ground Effects in Shadow Gray Metallic for my 2020 2SS which I could have ordered the 2019 version (it would fit and was still available, I could have installed myself), my concern was it I dinged one up some years down the road, the same version my no longer be available (since GM "discontinued" them) so then I may have rockers and bumpers with holes and nothing to put into them... Not worth the headaches or the risk...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 08:32 PM   #26
Bananimal

I'm not too concerned if they become discontinued. A replacement set of rocker panels would fix the holes issue. I don't rag on my car anyways, so if I dork them, it's on me.

I did manage to get the instructions from the dealer this morning. They are under the 2019 ground effects kit in their service catalog. So, you may have to tell them where to find the instructions, as my service writer took 25 minutes to find them. He was beginning to get frustrated and told me I would have to come back. I steered him in the right direction and we ultimately found them. I would love to post them here, but they are copyrighted and well......

There are three other things you will need to complete the installation of the side skirts. Advanced Auto Parts has what you need.

1. 3M Window Weld Adhesive - Part# 08609
2. 3M Adhesive Primer - Part# 08681
3. 3M Cartridge Applicator Gun - Part# 08992

So, be prepared to shell out another $110.00 if you buy these side skirts and want to do it right.

I'll be starting the installation tomorrow morning. The car has been detailed and is ready to go. I can't wait to see what the car looks like with them installed. The Crush Orange and black on my 1LE pops as it is. These will finish the look and make the car even more perfect than it already is IMO.

Last edited by Bananimal; 02-01-2020 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-02-2020, 07:55 PM   #27
Bananimal

Got them installed today. Difficulty on a scale of 1-10? For me, it was about a 7. Only because the snap clips would fall off when I would apply a hard hit behind the one next to it to snap it into place. The clips were very difficult to lock in place because you cant see them. If I were to do this over, I would tape the clips to the dogs to avoid them falling off while mounting the fascia.

The 3M Window Weld is a freaking mess. I tried to keep from getting it on the car, but ultimately had to have the family help me remove the gobs that seeped out of the top. I highly advise you have to Goo Be Gone at the ready if you plan on using the 3M adhesive.

Total install took me about three hours. I also found the spring spacers on the front end and pulled them. The dealer left them in. They also failed to install the rear suspension arm covers. So I did that while I was under the car too. Wrapped it up too late to take pics, but I will tomorrow.

Last edited by Bananimal; 02-28-2020 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:37 PM   #28
Therealbigrich

Drives: 2020 1SS
Has anyone purchased and had the ground effects kit installed by Chevrolet or 3rd party ? Wondering how much it would cost
Therealbigrich is offline   Reply With Quote