Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics


AWE Tuning


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2019, 06:54 PM   #1
Clos.95
 
Clos.95's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 1SS
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 56
Switching tuners help?

Hey guys, I tried looking for a thread on this subject but couldnít find anything.
Iím currently tuned on E85 by a local street tuner, and I want to go to a more reputable tuner, my question is what would be better for me and my new tuner should I have my current tuner flash the stock tune in before going to new one or can the new one handle it without any issues. All would be thru HP Tuners
Clos.95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 09:01 AM   #2
DorkMissile
 
DorkMissile's Avatar
 
Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 310
You will run into license / credit problems if the 2nd tuner tries editing the 1st tuner's file on HPT. It is all in how the first tuner setup everything.

When I started my journey I bought my own MPVI2 and credits so that I could have the ability to change / adjust / take my tune with me.
__________________
2018 1SS 1LE / HBM - ECS Novi 1500 S/C Tuned by Carl @ CJ Tunes
DorkMissile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 01:41 PM   #3
Clos.95
 
Clos.95's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 1SS
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
You will run into license / credit problems if the 2nd tuner tries editing the 1st tuner's file on HPT. It is all in how the first tuner setup everything.

When I started my journey I bought my own MPVI2 and credits so that I could have the ability to change / adjust / take my tune with me.
Iím assuming my new tuner will repurchase all necessary credits to start all over I donít think heíll try to edit the current tune, but Iím not sure how it works
Clos.95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:40 AM   #4
KingLT1


 
KingLT1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: 46804
Posts: 2,481
All tuner has to do is license the controllers to his mpvi device then he can change whatever tune that is in it or start from the stock tune file if the OP has it.
__________________
[2016 NFG 1SS A8][Leather/NPP]
[Whipple/LT5 TB/Rotofab/Flex Fuel/CA ORP/Axle back]
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:21 PM   #5
Clos.95
 
Clos.95's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 1SS
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
All tuner has to do is license the controllers to his mpvi device then he can change whatever tune that is in it or start from the stock tune file if the OP has it.
Thanks man! I went to my current tuner yesterday and talked to him and he told me my tune isn’t locked so I’m good to go!
Getting dyno tuned this Wednesday!
Clos.95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 09:24 PM   #6
JCunningham


 
JCunningham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: WNY
Posts: 6,425
i just bought a MVPI2 so i own the credits. my tuner is good but has to much business and if he doesnt get some one to help him hes going to loose business. takes to long to get your car in.
__________________
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, American Racing Headers 1 7/8" long system w/ cats H pipe to Xforce resonators to Flowmaster American Thunder NPP mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, BMR delrin cradle bushings, Hurst shifter
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:43 PM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 14,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clos.95 View Post
Hey guys, I tried looking for a thread on this subject but couldnít find anything.
Iím currently tuned on E85 by a local street tuner, and I want to go to a more reputable tuner, my question is what would be better for me and my new tuner should I have my current tuner flash the stock tune in before going to new one or can the new one handle it without any issues. All would be thru HP Tuners
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
You will run into license / credit problems if the 2nd tuner tries editing the 1st tuner's file on HPT. It is all in how the first tuner setup everything.

When I started my journey I bought my own MPVI2 and credits so that I could have the ability to change / adjust / take my tune with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clos.95 View Post
Iím assuming my new tuner will repurchase all necessary credits to start all over I donít think heíll try to edit the current tune, but Iím not sure how it works
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
All tuner has to do is license the controllers to his mpvi device then he can change whatever tune that is in it or start from the stock tune file if the OP has it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clos.95 View Post
Thanks man! I went to my current tuner yesterday and talked to him and he told me my tune isnít locked so Iím good to go!
Getting dyno tuned this Wednesday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
i just bought a MVPI2 so i own the credits. my tuner is good but has to much business and if he doesnt get some one to help him hes going to loose business. takes to long to get your car in.
Just to clear something up here about tuner credits.

You guys were correct 1 year ago, that is the way the system worked, we as tuners had to license the file in order to edit file.

Now with the new MPVI2 and software we can edit any file but it can only be flashed to the car by the device already licensed to the car or purchase licenses for the new device to flash the car.

So they have moved the licensing to the flashing process rather than the editing process.

This is a 1 time fee in all cases.

Ted.
__________________
www.jannettyracing.com
Celebrating 33 years Performance parts, Installation, Fabrication, Dyno tuning, Remote custom tuning, and alignments. 203-753-7223 Waterbury CT. 06705
email tedj@jannettyracing.com
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:55 PM   #8
JCunningham


 
JCunningham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: WNY
Posts: 6,425
O so now anyone with a MPVI2 can flash my car? That cool. But still nice to have. Makes it easy to do things that don't require tuning. Like when I put in my ZL1 pump for future mods or diagnostics. Data logging and such.
__________________
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, American Racing Headers 1 7/8" long system w/ cats H pipe to Xforce resonators to Flowmaster American Thunder NPP mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, BMR delrin cradle bushings, Hurst shifter
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:13 PM   #9
JANNETTYRACING

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 14,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
O so now anyone with a MPVI2 can flash my car? That cool. But still nice to have. Makes it easy to do things that don't require tuning. Like when I put in my ZL1 pump for future mods or diagnostics. Data logging and such.
As long as you are willing to purchase the licenses for that device.

You can flash your car with a device that is licensed to your car.
__________________
www.jannettyracing.com
Celebrating 33 years Performance parts, Installation, Fabrication, Dyno tuning, Remote custom tuning, and alignments. 203-753-7223 Waterbury CT. 06705
email tedj@jannettyracing.com
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.