Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-29-2020, 11:10 PM   #1
fuzzum111

Drives: 2018 Rs Camaro
Questions about upper WHP limits for a stock internals LGX

Hey there.

So I bought Edlebrocks E-force S/C for my LGX. Alongside their tune and had it installed.

Where I live I can't get 93 pump, everyone sells 91. So I ended up with 358WHP.

I've talked to their techs, and with the stock set up and tune it's only pushing about 6PSI of boost, with room to go up to 10.

I've bought a 3.25" pully over the 3.5" stock pully, so I should get about 2 more PSI. With a re-tune, plus smaller pulley install from my local shop we're shooting for 400WHP~

From everyone's experience here, what is the upper limit for a "safe" daily driver status with the LGX. As in, what would you say would be the wall, before you really should consider forged internals to prevent throwing a rod or other catastrophic failures.

The E-force techs told me 400WHP is still safe, and much above that I'll begin to get into the risky territory. I know the HyperHawk on youtube who used a procharger was up around 500WHP when his engine died. Where in-between will it still run reliably, and be able to kick some butt when I put my foot down? 400? 450? Somewhere inbetween?

And yes I know, if I just swap to the LT1 I can climb well above these numbers no problem, but that isn't happening. The attached pic is the current stock set up. I'm dropping the car off late next week to have it tuned, and the smaller pully and belt installed.
Attached Images

fuzzum111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 12:36 AM   #2
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Interesting - hadn't seen many modified LGX's. Glad Edelbrock actually makes a blower for it too! Unfortunate about the fuel - appears you are in Hawaii...likely very close to seal level so even more challenging. Good luck!
Old 05-30-2020, 01:11 AM   #3
fuzzum111

Drives: 2018 Rs Camaro
Yeah! It actually only came out last year late summer. So it's a brand new product, and AFAIK the only V6 blower for a Camaro available. Lots of turbo kits, or Centrifugal superchargers. I wanted that whine, and sadly. It's super quiet. So I also picked up a whine-mod kit from Fosters. It'll still be quiet on the outside, so sleeper status is protected, but in cabin whine should be noticeable!

They say 376 is what you'll get, but I'm about 20WHP shy, so I'm gonna push it. Their stock "street legal" tune is ultra-conservative, rich to the point my pipes are turning black. While not directly harmful I have a lot of wiggle room for a lot more power, and not worrying about being too lean.
fuzzum111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 08:27 AM   #4
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
From everything I've read I think your guesses are pretty spot on. 400-450 rwhp is the general accepted safe limit on the stock motor running pump gas
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote