Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-22-2017, 07:56 AM   #169
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Mine has started shuttering also. I've noticed it when fully warm, 70-75 mph, a slight positive grade with rpm ~1700. Tap the paddle for a down shift and it goes away until the system takes it back to 8th.
This is what I used to do before mine was fixed when driving on the highway.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:16 PM   #170
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
I took a tech out for a ride today and he said torque converter, TCM. I'm scheduled for Monday and they are giving me a loaner car.

I didn't buy my car from my local dealer but I must say they have taken care of me very well. I had the trans line recall also and they treated me first class.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:18 PM   #171
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
I took a tech out for a ride today and he said torque converter, TCM. I'm scheduled for Monday and they are giving me a loaner car.

I didn't buy my car from my local dealer but I must say they have taken care of me very well. I had the trans line recall also and they treated me first class.
Did he lock/unlock it to see if the shudder stopped?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:41 PM   #172
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Did he lock/unlock it to see if the shudder stopped?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
No. Just a ride along but I tappped the downshift paddle to show that makes it stop. It shuttered hard within a minute of hitting the highway. He was extremely neutral in his demeanor, wouldn't comment on what I learned from this thread, and just said it's the converter. They scheduled it for Monday because he's doing a C7 converter now so I got the impression they are very familiar with the problem.

He did ask if I was stock. I am

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 07-26-2017, 04:08 PM   #173
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
No. Just a ride along but I tappped the downshift paddle to show that makes it stop. It shuttered hard within a minute of hitting the highway. He was extremely neutral in his demeanor, wouldn't comment on what I learned from this thread, and just said it's the converter. They scheduled it for Monday because he's doing a C7 converter now so I got the impression they are very familiar with the problem.

He did ask if I was stock. I am
Interesting. Mine is currently only shuddering in the 30-50mph range when under load (usually up hill). I had talked to the service adviser about it when I was in for an oil change. They found a TSB for the 8 speed mine needed that updated the TCM and triggered a relearn. So he wanted me to drive it a few weeks after to see if any changes. Initially it seemed to go away but came back within a few days. He told me they had replaced several TCs so far for the same issue and if the shudder stopped when the tech unlocked/locked the TC, then that's the fix.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:16 PM   #174
hotlap

Quote:
Interesting. Mine is currently only shuddering in the 30-50mph range when under load (usually up hill). I had talked to the service adviser about it when I was in for an oil change. They found a TSB for the 8 speed mine needed that updated the TCM and triggered a relearn. So he wanted me to drive it a few weeks after to see if any changes. Initially it seemed to go away but came back within a few days. He told me they had replaced several TCs so far for the same issue and if the shudder stopped when the tech unlocked/locked the TC, then that's the fix.
My shudder is repeatable in the 70-75 range with the cruise set and a slight up hill grade.

It was subtitle when it first appear in ~May. Now its hard and extremely annoying.

Ronald Reagan -
Old 07-27-2017, 07:24 AM   #175
dviper42

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to dviper42 Send a message via AIM to dviper42 Send a message via Yahoo to dviper42 Send a message via Skype™ to dviper42
2016 2SS A8 NPP NAV YELLOW

Yesterday I had to take my car in for a shudder in the trans 40 to 65 mph.

The assistant service manager after keeping my car all day said the mechanic still was trying to figure out what to do. So he took me back to the mechanic. He told me he had test drove the car and did feel the shudder. I told him that on the Camaro forums that there were other owners having these issues. It seemed most were getting the flush and replace the torq converter. He said the flush wait 200 miles and then if that doesn't work replace the converter. So I went back out so I could get a rental and the Service manager was saying that the flush may not be covered under warranty. I told him that it should be for you have to flush before changing the torq converter. We will see what happens. I also sent a private message to customer care for support. I hope they can fix it.
dviper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:08 AM   #176
Hagels316

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
I had the same shudder issue as well. I took it in for a trans flush last weekend and the issue instantly went away. It shifts smoother too. Hopefully that is all it will need.
Hagels316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:08 AM   #177
586mx

Drives: 69 camaro
Add me to the list too. My car would shake from the day I bought it. Didn't really understand what it was. Took it in last nov, dealer said cold tires, which I knew was bs. Drove last week from central michgan to Myrtle beach 2200 miles total. Was shaking every 30 sec for 32hr round trip drive. Hate this car now!!!! Love the car when it doesn't shake, Undriveable when it does. This either is getting fixed or Im going to lemon law it.
canceled 6/8/16
reordered 6/6/16 1100 TKQDN9
2000 6/7/16
3000 tpw 7/18

Last edited by 586mx; 07-29-2017 at 11:18 PM.
586mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 03:02 PM   #178
RockerC

Drives: 2016 SS, NFG, MRC, NPP, Auto
Update

Dealer did the triple drain and flush. Said it was fine but drive it 200 miles. I knew in 2 minutes it was NOT fine and getting worse.

Brought it in and they replaced the TC. The dramatic intermittent rumble and shudder (about every 30-60 seconds) is gone but I swear I can feel a slight vibration occasionally. It's just on the edge of sensation and I would think it might be my paranoid imagination but it goes away when I put it in neutral.

So I will call the dealer on Monday. Maybe it will need a complete transmission replacement...

anyone else had the TC replaced but still experiencing problems?

Last edited by RockerC; 07-30-2017 at 07:45 AM.
RockerC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:00 PM   #179
Bwrin

Drives: Camaro
I had the transmission completely replaced in mine. Would that include a new TC?
I still have the shudder after the transmission, so I'm not sure if the TC was replaced with it? I heard they come as a set, but I'm unsure.
Bwrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:15 PM   #180
hotlap

Quote:
The Chevy advisor had the dealer flush three times and said drive it 200 miles and report back. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being how it shuddered before the flush, it's a 2 now. Much better but still there. I guess I misunderstood the tech saying converter to mean they where going straight to it.

The dealer apologized for the hassle of going through the steps but vowed to do whatever it takes. Cool that they gave me a car.

So... I drive 200 miles and go from there.

Ronald Reagan -
Old 08-08-2017, 11:37 PM   #181
WeatherGuy

Drives: 2017 2SS
Ughhhh ... now my car has it bad. The description of driving on rumble strips is pretty accurate.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:49 AM   #182
JKLNHYD
Defending the Nation...

Drives: '16 Summit White 2SS, A8, Sunroof
I'm the OP on this thread and had the triple flush done last October. It solved it, or so I thought. Here we are almost a year later and the shutter is very faint but starting all over again. The car is back at the same shop that took care of me the first time so I'm hoping they just replace the TC this time.

'16 2SS, A8, Sunroof, non-NPP
"SURSUM AB ORDINE"
JKLNHYD is offline   Reply With Quote