Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 12-19-2018, 11:04 AM   #85
Blakester

Drives: 2010 1ss
Ted. Can you give any info on the epa b.s. that i was reading in another thread?
Blakester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:39 AM   #86
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakester View Post
Ted. Can you give any info on the epa b.s. that i was reading in another thread?
I believe I addressed that in the other thread, you can ask your specific questions in that thread.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 02:55 AM   #87
Tooshay01

Drives: 2015 black camaro ss
I want a tune for my 2015 camaro ss but I don’t know where to start
Tooshay01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 07:56 AM   #88
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooshay01 View Post
I want a tune for my 2015 camaro ss but I don’t know where to start
Be glad to help you and answer any of your questions you can start here

https://jannettyracing.com/products/sct-bdx-programmer
Old 03-12-2019, 03:32 PM   #89
5thgencamaro2ss/rs

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ss w/rs package
I purchased an SCT X4 Tuner from Texas speed performance. I tuned it after I put of a cold air intake from Roto-Fab. I took the speed limiter off, changed the fuel trim and bumped it up to around 2-4% to accommodate for the extra air the intake brings in, but I also thought that you can increase the rev limiter past 4000rpm. I double checked and it didn’t give me any options to do so. How would I go about purchasing a revised tune? I know I would have to data log, but I’m not exactly sure how to get with the SCT. Also I adjusted the shift pressure to 25%(all the way) and I’m experiencing a weird delay when shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear using the paddle shifters. If anyone can help me out and tell me where I can go about revising my tune I would appreciate it greatly👍🏻🇺🇸
5thgencamaro2ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:04 PM   #90
sehovarter
HomezSS

Drives: 2014 SS/RS Camaro, 2011 Silverado
Ted - I contacted you via facebook page, and at the time I was thinking about LT Headers and an X4 - but it looks like the HW mods will have to wait a year. I have a Diablo Intune I2, Cold Air inductions intake, and Borla Touring cat back with Magnaflow resonators between the cats and the mufflers. I live at ~6000 feet, and the L99 is a dog up here - what could I expect from a custom tune for the Diablo? I will most likely switch next year when i do headers (might throw in the Lingenfelter 3.70 rear end at the same time) - but am curious what my money will get me by customizing the Diablo (shifting, throttle response, others...) Let me know - thank you for all your input on this thread - very helpful and informative. lastly - your thoughts on Jet Hot coatings on LT headers - do you see any value in moving that heat out of the engine bay, or is that mostly hype, I have used exhaust wrap in the past and it really seems to work!!
2014 SS/RS, FR Style 41's, 20x10x4, Borla CatBack with Touring Mufflers w/Magnaflow Glasspacks, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Diablo 91 Octane Tune, Firm Shift, AFM off, BMR cradle inserts, trailing arms and toe links, 1LE/ZL1 Rear Sway Bar, Jannetty Custom Tune for mods noted above (noticable change to how the car drives!!), JL Audio XD700/5 amp and 10 inch Sub, Focal PS 165K's, special wiring kit and amp board, and lots of dynamat (Amazon version) - Sounds GREAT, Runs Even Better!
sehovarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:30 AM   #91
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgencamaro2ss/rs View Post
I purchased an SCT X4 Tuner from Texas speed performance. I tuned it after I put of a cold air intake from Roto-Fab. I took the speed limiter off, changed the fuel trim and bumped it up to around 2-4% to accommodate for the extra air the intake brings in, but I also thought that you can increase the rev limiter past 4000rpm. I double checked and it didn’t give me any options to do so. How would I go about purchasing a revised tune? I know I would have to data log, but I’m not exactly sure how to get with the SCT. Also I adjusted the shift pressure to 25%(all the way) and I’m experiencing a weird delay when shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear using the paddle shifters. If anyone can help me out and tell me where I can go about revising my tune I would appreciate it greatly👍🏻🇺🇸
I promise you that you that your adjustments didn't help anything a full custom tune will transform your car.

https://jannettyracing.com/products/...une-click-here
Old 03-15-2019, 08:34 AM   #92
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehovarter View Post
Ted - I contacted you via facebook page, and at the time I was thinking about LT Headers and an X4 - but it looks like the HW mods will have to wait a year. I have a Diablo Intune I2, Cold Air inductions intake, and Borla Touring cat back with Magnaflow resonators between the cats and the mufflers. I live at ~6000 feet, and the L99 is a dog up here - what could I expect from a custom tune for the Diablo? I will most likely switch next year when i do headers (might throw in the Lingenfelter 3.70 rear end at the same time) - but am curious what my money will get me by customizing the Diablo (shifting, throttle response, others...) Let me know - thank you for all your input on this thread - very helpful and informative. lastly - your thoughts on Jet Hot coatings on LT headers - do you see any value in moving that heat out of the engine bay, or is that mostly hype, I have used exhaust wrap in the past and it really seems to work!!
Send your stock tune files and all your vehicle info, mod list, octane burned and elevation to tedj@jannettyracing.com

Everyone wants to hear you will get X Horsepower from a tune it doesn't work that way, the gains are dependent on how far your mods threw the calibration off.

our tuning transforms your car in to the performance car you thought you bought.

High temp coatings are a very good investment and we recommend and do it on every car we build.

https://jannettyracing.com/products/...une-click-here
Old 03-18-2019, 10:37 PM   #93
sehovarter
HomezSS

Drives: 2014 SS/RS Camaro, 2011 Silverado
Thanks Ted - I completely understand there is no "Magic HP" from any tune but that your "touch" will unlock the potential that GM had to throttle to achieve CAFE standards.
2014 SS/RS, FR Style 41's, 20x10x4, Borla CatBack with Touring Mufflers w/Magnaflow Glasspacks, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Diablo 91 Octane Tune, Firm Shift, AFM off, BMR cradle inserts, trailing arms and toe links, 1LE/ZL1 Rear Sway Bar, Jannetty Custom Tune for mods noted above (noticable change to how the car drives!!), JL Audio XD700/5 amp and 10 inch Sub, Focal PS 165K's, special wiring kit and amp board, and lots of dynamat (Amazon version) - Sounds GREAT, Runs Even Better!
sehovarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:29 AM   #94
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehovarter View Post
Thanks Ted - I completely understand there is no "Magic HP" from any tune but that your "touch" will unlock the potential that GM had to throttle to achieve CAFE standards.
We certainly give you access to power that is there but hidden due to granny mode LOL

Ted.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:34 AM   #95
OrLo1525

Drives: Chevy Camaro
I’m considering buying a used sct x4 tuner that is “unmarried “, idk what that means but anyways, should I be weary of buying a used one. Could I still get a custom tuned order, I’m in San Antonio, Texas. Thank you, I know this is an old thread...sorry
OrLo1525 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
handheld tuner, how to tune, tuning advice