Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-02-2020, 07:58 PM   #29
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Blend door. One of the first lessons I learned here.
joekono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 12:34 PM   #30
Panda1LE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE (6spd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
I fixed it, woohoo! My air is so dang cold now in all vents.

Got the blend door, did the ole' blend door hack all the cool kids do. I seriously need to get younger, because that kicked my ass. I took my drivers seat out in literally like 3 minutes. I am not sure how some of you guys can do this without removing the driver's seat.

As soon as I took the actuator off the case the little white gear knob fell inside, so I knew right away the the door was fully broken. Got it all back together and used the GM diagnostics software to do a HVAC Relearn. It's all working great now.

Thanks all that helped!

Oh yeah, I sealed it back up with Flex Tape. Thanks Phil Swift! That stuff is seriously awesome. Now I am going to go saw my Camaro in half!
great job! there was absolutely no way for me to get in there without taking the driver seat out also. I am 6'0 and 230 lbs. It is very obvious once you get into that actuator that it is the problem since it is completely broken off most of the times. Flex tape seems like a great idea. I just bought my first bit of it a few days ago to try it on the pin holes on my hose. But i used HVAC aluminum tape and so far seems to be holding.

CAI intake, Stainless Power LTH, SCT X4, NPP exhaust
Panda1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:54 PM   #31
CamaroBarb
Banned

Drives: cheby Camaro
How do you clock the door to the actuator?
CamaroBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 10:12 PM   #32
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBarb View Post
How do you clock the door to the actuator?
I just installed it in a way it would line up as the white cog piece fits onto the actuator gear in what looks like a plus sign. There really is no specific position it should be in, as many people's blend door will break or fall off with it in a different position than full open or closed. So when I installed mine, I wasn't able to keep it in full closed position when I slipped the actuator onto the end of the blend door, since the actuator was already in it's last used state/position...if that makes sense. Then I used the GM GDS2 software and did an HVAC Relearn before I touched the HVAC controls at all. I don't know if there is a specific way to clock it, but I figured since there is an actual relearn process that it didn't matter.

On the HVAC Relearn you can hear it opening and closing all doors, which I assume is the BCM learning the 'new' full open/closed positions. Those without an advanced scan tool usually just pull the negative cable for a few minutes.

I hope I was remotely close to answering what you were asking. Sometimes what I am trying to explain doesn't exactly come out the way it sounds in my head lol.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 10:39 PM   #33
CamaroBarb
Banned

Drives: cheby Camaro
lol thanks, wish I lived closer to fl.
CamaroBarb is offline   Reply With Quote