Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-19-2022, 07:32 AM   #15
joekd

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS vert
Trucks have been using balance beads for years, they are placed inside the tire itself when mounting

Most do not recommend using on any tire with a 65 series or lower tire though since they are not as effective
Old 05-21-2022, 08:12 PM   #16
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
I remove the weights myself before a tire replacement because often times these tire places will gouge your wheels. Automotive goo gone, or mineral spirits worked well. A plastic putty knife with a gentle lifting motion comes in handy at times. I've also needed a plastic razor blade occasionally to help scrape the dissolving adhesive. Neither will damage your wheels when done with care. I also bring the black weights someone posted earlier about to my guy and ask him to use those. They really camouflage the appearance of stick on weights. You likely won't notice them.

I used to groan about taking the wheels off, cleaning them, removing the weights, loading them up into my other vehicle and taking them to the shop. Now I've come to enjoy it because I take pride in these things and I've realized if I don't want my stuff destroyed, it's what I have to do.

It is what it is.
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote