Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-24-2019, 04:55 AM   #57
Ace01

Drives: 2018 1LE SS "Silver Bullet"
New car sales are in a free fall. Wait until they start offering insane lease deals on the Blazer RS. $350 a month with dealer prep fee's would be a good deal.
Old 01-24-2019, 04:59 AM   #58
Ace01

Drives: 2018 1LE SS "Silver Bullet"
They need a turbo 4 cylinder hybrid model that gets 45 MPGE Come on GM get with the program. You have all the tech to pull it off.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:41 AM   #59
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace01 View Post
They need a turbo 4 cylinder hybrid model that gets 45 MPGE Come on GM get with the program. You have all the tech to pull it off.
Now if they got REALLY SCHMAHT and put the new 2.7T up front and an 800v 2 kw battery driving a BorgWarner HVH 250-150 out back the Blazer would have ~650 total ft-lbs and be as quick (maybe quicker than) a ZL1 and still get ~30mpg
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:15 AM   #60
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Sweet View Post
Congrats! Great looking SUV.

Does this have the auto stop-start BS? And is it true the new 3.6 uses that AFM cylinder deactivation? My wife wants a Blazer RS to replace her 2013 Equinox 3.6 sometime in the next year or two, but I don't really trust a lot of the new tech they are putting in these engines. Plus being as expensive as they are, and not made in the USA, we're having second thoughts.
Yes, it has auto stop-start that can't be disabled in anywhere in the settings. I've got say, though, it's pretty unobtrusive. As soon as you take your foot off the brake pedal the engine restarts almost instantaneously.

I don't believe the Blazer 3.6 has AFM. There's no mention of it in any of the literature.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:32 AM   #61
suzook

Drives: camaro
You can buy a "base" 2020 Lincoln aviator for $51k. GM's demise is due to pricing. They make very nice quality vehicles again, but they price them too high. I was looking into the new blazer, and love it. Just couldn't justify the price. Wound up in a loaded explorer sport for $46k.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:41 AM   #62
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Blazer is pretty high priced, especially as they are assembled by $2-$3 dollar an hour Mexican workers. Looks nice. How many miles to Lordstown?
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:59 AM   #63
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
Yes, it has auto stop-start that can't be disabled in anywhere in the settings. I've got say, though, it's pretty unobtrusive. As soon as you take your foot off the brake pedal the engine restarts almost instantaneously.

I don't believe the Blazer 3.6 has AFM. There's no mention of it in any of the literature.
Our Terrain has Start-Stop. It's not all that bad, and if you come to slow stop with light brake pedal, you can actually keep the engine running. Its not perfect either...there are a few times where you just don't want it, but its there anyways. That said, there are also times where I kind of like it....sitting still but not burning gas.

In the Terrain you can defeat it only by putting the transmission in manual mode and selecting the top gear, but that means you'd have to do that procedure every time you drive. May not really be worth doing that.

As for AFM, I'm not sure if the Blazer has it, but there are versions of the 3.6 that do have it (the GM midsize trucks for example) so I wouldn't be surprised if it did. I'd be surprised if they decided not to use it in the Blazer cuz these days it seems like they do everything they can to squeak out the tiniest bit of extra mpg.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:25 AM   #64
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Blazer is a very nice looking SUV, especially the RS. Like mentioned above, pricing is a little high and steps on the toes of the XT4 which really size wise, they are pretty close inside and out. I do think GM will sell a ton of Blazers though, especially when the rebates/sales start coming in. My dealer lists 2 on the website, not even delivered yet, they are $2000 - $3000 off list, think they are both Premier trims.

As far as the start/stop, I think it is really silly, doesn't save any gas, maybe a little, but I have it in my 2018 Equinox, with no disable option, and it is really pretty smooth and unobtrusive. You get used to it real quick, I just worry long term wear and tear on engine and starter.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:28 AM   #65
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
If they really want to sell a bunch of Blazers, they need a SS version, twin turbo 3.0L V6 maybe?

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:42 AM   #66
bturner2

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue, Sunroof, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
love the looks of the blazer, I'm still not sold on the name plate however, to me a Blazer should be on a RWD/true 4WD platform and IMO its to close to the Equinox, which the market if flooded with that type. For that price is what might shoo me away. From the looks of the amount of the room in that engine bay, wondering if they will put something else that's bigger in it in the near future..
This pretty much hit it with me as well. It's not a Blazzer without rear wheel drive, full frame and off road capability. It's the wife's crossover. Same with the Dodge Charger and GTO's having 4 doors.

Very nice car, err SUVish, crossover vehicle though. Love the color and the styling. I certainly wouldn't mind having something like this in the garage for the wife.

The problem I have with just about everything in this category is the tow rating for what's becoming a rather large vehicle. A lot of them will advertise 4 or 5K but with the lack of a frame and low torque numbers on that V6 the realistic number is more like 3.5K.
bturner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:58 AM   #67
john94si

Drives: 17 2ss vert
I like them. If they make an SS again i will be all over it.
john94si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:54 PM   #68
2 Sweet
Oozing Machismo

Drives: '89 IROC-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
As far as the start/stop, I think it is really silly, doesn't save any gas, maybe a little, but I have it in my 2018 Equinox, with no disable option, and it is really pretty smooth and unobtrusive. You get used to it real quick, I just worry long term wear and tear on engine and starter.
Exactly.

Same reason why I also hate AFM. Look at all the guys with the 5.3L trucks over the past several years getting it tuned out to avoid all the problems it can/will cause down the road.

Most of these high tech gimmicks designed to help fuel mileage really just lead to expensive maintenance once you're out of warranty.
2 Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 07:07 AM   #69
KCelsius

Drives: 2018 Summit White 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post

Can confirm the 3.6L LGX Blazer has AFM. Any vehicle fitted with the LGX variant of the 3.6L uses AFM. If it's fitted with the older LFY variant, like in the traverse and enclave, it does not have AFM.

Only exception is that the LGX is in the RS Camaro, but if you have the manual, AFM isn't available just like out AFM isn't available in the manual LT1.
KCelsius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 07:21 AM   #70
Bayles76

Drives: 16 Summit 2SS, 92 Arctic Formula
Congrats! I love the look of the new Blazer RS and I will most likely be picking one up in the next year or so. Please update with your experiences of ownership!