Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 01-20-2019, 03:41 PM   #1
2out2sea

Drives: 2018 hyper blue ZL1 1LE
Weapon x 800 package

Hey guys. I am fairly new here. Got my zl1 1le back in October. I have a ported sc coming from weaponx. I was going to install it, headers and CAI and be done, but am thinking about the 800 package they offer. It’s not cheap so I am curious about everyone’s thoughts?
Brad
2out2sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:03 AM   #2
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
If you have a ported blower and headers coming, you should do the 800 package and upgrade it.
You can add the Nick Williams 103mm TB and the Big CAI.
I have a Full Stock Blower Build, done by Weapon-X,
and it is Perfection! And it will roll over to my New Blower and secondary port injection build this Spring.

Last edited by Intimidator; 01-22-2019 at 06:38 AM.
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 05:13 PM   #3
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2out2sea View Post
Hey guys. I am fairly new here. Got my zl1 1le back in October. I have a ported sc coming from weaponx. I was going to install it, headers and CAI and be done, but am thinking about the 800 package they offer. It’s not cheap so I am curious about everyone’s thoughts?
Brad
Give me a shout Brad, I can certainly answer whatever questions you have. Our website packages are a starting point and can be modified however the end user wants!
WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 06:34 AM   #4
2010REDSS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Brad,

Give Ben a call! My ZL1 1LE is at Weapon-X right now getting some upgrades and he can do anything you like, mild to wild. Ben knows the LT4 better than anyone else in the business!

2018 ZL1 1LE "RAZECAR"
2016 2SS Convertible "NOTOPSS" (Sold)
2015 Z/28 #306 "ITZFAST"
2010 2SS Coupe "FASSTER" (Sold)
2002 SS/RS "02FASST" (Sold)
2007 Factory Five Racing GTM "REDBLUR" (Sold)

"There are two kinds of cars. Red....and everything else!"
2010REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:11 PM   #5
ZapperZ

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE 2022 GMC AT4 HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010REDSS View Post
Brad,

Give Ben a call! My ZL1 1LE is at Weapon-X right now getting some upgrades and he can do anything you like, mild to wild. Ben knows the LT4 better than anyone else in the business!

You just couldn't leave well enough alone could you...
ZapperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:15 PM   #6
2010REDSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapperZ View Post
You just couldn't leave well enough alone could you...
Nope!! Must....go......faster......

Hope you're well Dennis!!

Just got my 2019 track schedule done over the weekend.....I'll email it to you....is it Spring yet??

Take care!

2018 ZL1 1LE "RAZECAR"
2015 Z/28 #306 "ITZFAST"

Old 01-22-2019, 01:30 PM   #7
ZapperZ

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE 2022 GMC AT4 HD
Quote:
Nope!! Must....go......faster......

Hope you're well Dennis!!

Just got my 2019 track schedule done over the weekend.....I'll email it to you....is it Spring yet??

Take care!
It was a rough one but I'm better now
Also have my schedule ready
Hope you have hotel reservations in for Joliet in June
You don't want Red Roof again do you???
ZapperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:36 PM   #8
2out2sea

Thanks guys. I see a big disparity in build methods for these cars. I am slowly learning. I am not interested in shooting for the moon. Mostly looking at a bolt on build. Most builders are doing cams, etc for 800hp builds, but weapon x is not. Fwiw my new blower is from weapon x. I am hoping it arrives today.

My plan was headers, Cai blower and tune. But, I live in Alabama so heat soak is a worry. I am wondering if the upgraded cooling will benefit me.

I also talked to another reputable shop who is too far away to work on my car for his unbiased opinion. He suggested that octane limits hp gains after 750. Knock becomes problematic. His suggestion was an e85 kit.

So as you can see... Lots and lots of various directions to go with this...
Brad
Old 01-22-2019, 04:36 PM   #9
2010REDSS

Quote:
Thanks guys. I see a big disparity in build methods for these cars. I am slowly learning. I am not interested in shooting for the moon. Mostly looking at a bolt on build. Most builders are doing cams, etc for 800hp builds, but weapon x is not. Fwiw my new blower is from weapon x. I am hoping it arrives today.

My plan was headers, Cai blower and tune. But, I live in Alabama so heat soak is a worry. I am wondering if the upgraded cooling will benefit me.

I also talked to another reputable shop who is too far away to work on my car for his unbiased opinion. He suggested that octane limits hp gains after 750. Knock becomes problematic. His suggestion was an e85 kit.

Brad
Brad,

Yes.....lots of different opinions and options.

FWIW, here is the build that Ben @Weapon-X is doing for me right now....

1. Ported the Supercharger and opened it up for a 103MM TB.
2. NW 103MM TB.
3. Going to experiment with 2.3 pulley on the dyno and see what we get and what temps look like and maybe back down to 2.4 if it makes more sense.
4. WXM Stage 1 CAI to provide for the 103MM TB.
5. Kooks 2" Ceramic Coated Headers - will fit better than ARH with the AWE Exhaust.
6. Will add the mid-pipe resonators to the AWE system to get at least some sound control.
7. Going to upgrade the three front coolers with the Weapon-X "Triple-X" system to run cooler on longer track sessions. I expect this and the supercharger porting to mitigate the heat increase from a relatively modest boost increase from the 2.3 (9%) or 2.4 (4%) upper.
8. Ben is installing a couple of other cooling improvements that he has engineered.

The build is close to being done and we should have results to share very soon (like later this week!), which might help you decide on what you'd like to do.

I wanted to pick up around 100hp and retain reliability, and keep it cool during 20-30 minute track sessions. I think Ben's gonna deliver!

Will post up results when he's done!

2018 ZL1 1LE "RAZECAR"
2015 Z/28 #306 "ITZFAST"

Old 01-22-2019, 07:49 PM   #10
2out2sea

Quote:
Brad,

Yes.....lots of different opinions and options.

FWIW, here is the build that Ben @Weapon-X is doing for me right now....

1. Ported the Supercharger and opened it up for a 103MM TB.
2. NW 103MM TB.
3. Going to experiment with 2.3 pulley on the dyno and see what we get and what temps look like and maybe back down to 2.4 if it makes more sense.
4. WXM Stage 1 CAI to provide for the 103MM TB.
5. Kooks 2" Ceramic Coated Headers - will fit better than ARH with the AWE Exhaust.
6. Will add the mid-pipe resonators to the AWE system to get at least some sound control.
7. Going to upgrade the three front coolers with the Weapon-X "Triple-X" system to run cooler on longer track sessions. I expect this and the supercharger porting to mitigate the heat increase from a relatively modest boost increase from the 2.3 (9%) or 2.4 (4%) upper.
8. Ben is installing a couple of other cooling improvements that he has engineered.

The build is close to being done and we should have results to share very soon (like later this week!), which might help you decide on what you'd like to do.

I wanted to pick up around 100hp and retain reliability, and keep it cool during 20-30 minute track sessions. I think Ben's gonna deliver!

Will post up results when he's done!
Thanks for that info. We are thinking similarly. Curious, does awe offer a resonator setup for the mid pipes or is weapon x cutting them in?

I am looking forward to your results. I plan on a 2-3 hdpe days this year. Being in Alabama is a concern regarding heat soak. Please keep me posted.
Brad
Old 01-22-2019, 09:17 PM   #11
ZL14ME

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Quote:

Brad
What part of Alabama?
ZL14ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:44 AM   #12
2010REDSS

Quote:
Thanks for that info. We are thinking similarly. Curious, does awe offer a resonator setup for the mid pipes or is weapon x cutting them in?

I am looking forward to your results. I plan on a 2-3 hdpe days this year. Being in Alabama is a concern regarding heat soak. Please keep me posted.
Brad
The AWE system is really good as it lets you modify sections of the system as needed.

I originally had the non-resonated mid-pipes with the stock manifolds and cats. Now that I've had Ben add the Kooks 2" headers, I simply purchased the resonated mid-pipes and Weapon-X swapped them out.

Take a look at the AWE system here......

https://www.awe-tuning.com/make/cama...-exhaust-suite

Very plug and play and interchangeable. Great system!

Here is my thread on the install, etc.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...ght=awe&page=5

It is the mid-pipes just ahead of the X-Pipe that I changed out to resonated vs. non-resonated.

Hope that helps!

2018 ZL1 1LE "RAZECAR"
2015 Z/28 #306 "ITZFAST"

Old 01-23-2019, 05:09 PM   #13
2out2sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL14ME View Post
What part of Alabama?
Huntsville
Old 02-01-2019, 09:12 PM   #14
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
Quote:
Brad,

Haha thanks Todd What you mean this monster?

WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote