Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-23-2019, 11:42 PM   #29
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
The 2020 GT500 had a grated plate over its side coolers. Similar, but not as comprehensive as the ZL1. Than again, the ZL1 grille is more open (open space) than the GT500.

The ZL1 plates have mesh. The GT500 plates are more grates, but the grille is a mesh.
Attached Images

Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:59 PM   #30
Mountain

I was going to update with these installed, but between work and the weather I’ve not been in the garage much. Anyway, I ordered the part numbers as mentioned in this thread and they are 100%:
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2019, 09:08 PM   #31
Mountain

Installed the aux radiator grille screens from the ZL1 today. The front fascia removal is a bit of a pain and the removal/installation of the driver side aux cooler ducting is a pain. The ZL1 screens don’t 100% cover the aux radiator (doesn’t on the ZL1 from the looks), but a good improvement. I noticed more debris in the driver side than the passenger. I actually found a fairly large pebble wedged between the ducting and the exchanger element... The reason the driver side ducting is a pain is due to some pump that protrudes into the ducting (didn’t bother to see what the pump was), the pump blocks easy access to one of the plastic push-pins and the pump makes it very difficult to remove the ducting (I ended up unclipping the outer edge on the ducting, pushing the pump out of the way and squishing the ducting to get it out). If wanted I can write a guide on this, but here are some pictures:
Attached Images

Last edited by Mountain; 02-18-2019 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Pump is the auxiliary vacuum pump for the brakes
Old 02-18-2019, 07:04 AM   #32
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
I had pulled my fascia to put the Flow-Tie upper grille in and put the OBC protectors in at that time. Helped on another car just recently. Loosened the top 13mm bolt on the OBC and removed the middle and bottom bolts. Was able to get the duct loosened up and pulled forward enough to sneak the protector screens in. The fascia is not too hard to pull. Either way is a PITA but not technically difficult.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:43 AM   #33
Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQWIKR View Post
I had pulled my fascia to put the Flow-Tie upper grille in and put the OBC protectors in at that time. Helped on another car just recently. Loosened the top 13mm bolt on the OBC and removed the middle and bottom bolts. Was able to get the duct loosened up and pulled forward enough to sneak the protector screens in. The fascia is not too hard to pull. Either way is a PITA but not technically difficult.
Did you install any screen protection for the condenser/radiator? I’m struggling with a clean way to integrate something. I know ZL1 Addons has their kit, but I was going to do my own and what I was thinking is too complicated, lol.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:09 PM   #34
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
Did you install any screen protection for the condenser/radiator? I’m struggling with a clean way to integrate something. I know ZL1 Addons has their kit, but I was going to do my own and what I was thinking is too complicated, lol.
No. I have tracked my car a lot with no issues - yet. I just put the ZL1 1LE (OEM) front nose on, so, there is a lot less stuff to stop debris from getting to the A/C condenser (and OBC's). If I ever lose a condenser, I'll figure out my next step.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:26 AM   #35
Mountain

Quote:
No. I have tracked my car a lot with no issues - yet. I just put the ZL1 1LE (OEM) front nose on, so, there is a lot less stuff to stop debris from getting to the A/C condenser (and OBC's). If I ever lose a condenser, I'll figure out my next step.
I decided to go ahead and put in a screen - the grilles on the Camaro are very open, even the regular SS (the "SEMA" grille and ZL1 are nearly completely open), and due to track debris and crappy Michigan roads, I figured it is a good idea. Yeah, the AC condenser sits in front of the radiator and protects it, but it also has to flow well for the main radiator to get good flow as it covers the majority of the main radiator. I was able to figure out a very simple, clean way to get a screen in there:
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2019, 11:41 AM   #36
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
I have/had a ton of that stuff down in the basement.
Are the OBC screens the same mesh?
Old 02-20-2019, 01:09 PM   #37
Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
I have/had a ton of that stuff down in the basement.
Are the OBC screens the same mesh?
They looked to be using a stainless steel wire. On the main radiator/condenser I’m using typical galvanized steel mesh, but I sprayed some clear coat on it as extra. Same stuff all the race cars use anyway.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:04 PM   #38
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
That's my plan and put on the Garage Therapy front brake duct kit at the same time
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote