#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 01-28-2019, 06:33 AM   #43
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
We need more data!

Let's get photo w banana for scale so we can see size of the crater i mean pothole

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:10 PM   #44
Conekiller88

Drives: 2008 Evo X
So lets say , can we pull the fuse from SRS systwm for AutoX event or will thst cause a car to go into limp mode ?
Conekiller88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:43 PM   #45
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conekiller88 View Post
So lets say , can we pull the fuse from SRS systwm for AutoX event or will thst cause a car to go into limp mode ?
I tried pulling the 10A fuse under the hood marked SRS on my SS 1LE at an autocross practice event last month and got messages for service differential and traction or stability control off and holding the traction control off button did not actually disable traction/stability control from looking back at the PDR recording of that run which explains why the car's cornering felt worse and the time was noticably slower on that run compared to previous runs with traction/stability control off.

I have read that you can use a resistor to disable each side curtain airbag individually and I would like to look into this more. Hopefully it isn't too hard to access those two airbag wiring connectors so the resistors could be installed after arriving at the track/autocross event and removed before driving back from the event.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:00 PM   #46
Scargoes

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS 1LE
You might be able to reach the connectors by removing the C-Pillar trim. That is usually where the inflator is located. I have seen some instances where the inflator was mounted above the headliner.

1:34.20 Willow Springs Big Track
Scargoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 01:29 PM   #47
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
another one

Old 11-17-2020, 03:06 PM   #48
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Wow that is unfortunate. He was running Yokohama A052 tires according to the other video he posted the same day. I wonder if they were able to pull slightly more cornering Gs compared to the stock ZL1 Goodyear Supercar 3 tires causing an increased likeliness of side curtain airbag deployment.

I also wonder if the 1LE Camaros have had their side curtain airbags recalibrated to be less likely to deploy. Thankfully my airbags did not deploy in the video below but the curb hit was severe enough to require replacing a front wheel, lower control arm, and tie rod end. It also knocked the negative camber adjustment from max to minimum on that corner.

I was sent the attached blurry photo that appears to show a big front wheel gap around when I slid over the curb...it is possible that one or both front wheels may have left the ground for a moment.

Attached Images

cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 03:44 PM   #49
Blast2hell

Drives: 2020 ZLE Rally Green A10
Clearly the Camaro airbags are much much more sensitive than the Mustang airbags. My brother lost it in turn 10 at sebring with his relatively new Mustang. A lot of body damage to the passenger side from headlight to rear quarter panel, mirror broken off and wheels are rashed. No airbags deployed.
Sebring Best Lap Time 2:29 Video
Roebling Road Best Lap Time 1:25 Video
Blast2hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 04:08 PM   #50
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
it seems like its mostly zl1 cars that have it happen not zl1 1le/1le ss cars weird right?
Old 11-21-2020, 03:46 PM   #51
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Man that sucks. For sure should not happen on a car with a track package, but they are sensitive and some more than others.
carguy55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 04:05 PM   #52
NEZL1

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
Wow that is unfortunate. He was running Yokohama A052 tires according to the other video he posted the same day. I wonder if they were able to pull slightly more cornering Gs compared to the stock ZL1 Goodyear Supercar 3 tires causing an increased likeliness of side curtain airbag deployment.
I run them on my other car and they're a good 200tw tire, but nothin special.
If the tires had anything to do with it R7s would be setting off airbags left and right.
NEZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 08:23 AM   #53
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deakins View Post
In the video at around 40 mph you went full throttle, immediately started to slide, briefly input around 30* steering correction, and got off the gas. The car, saw all of this AND a sustained 1.20 g's into it's right rear quadrant for nearly a second (along with yaw sensors that indicated the car was sliding sideways/backwards) followed by an impact that pegged the sensor at what looked like beyond 1.25 g's.

On a street car this is exactly the situation that will trigger a side airbag to deploy to help prevent injuries from happening. There's a reason why people wear HANS devices even in full racecars along with full halo seats...the human head is heavy and moves a LONG ways during what isn't even a terrible crash. Sorry this happened but I chalk this one up to the price you sometimes will pay when you track a car designed for the street.
Essentially we can boil it down to this: The driver is shit and shouldn't have lifted.

If you'd like to try and argue with that, please feel free to watch the video for my rebuttal lmao
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote