Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 03-08-2016, 08:41 PM   #29
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
But what is the product these companies are selling?

They are not selling pressure increases in your manifold or claiming to reduce restrictions in your engine.

They sell an intake that draws cooler air and a power improvement to your wheels.

Maybe that is why the data some seek is not there, no one is testing for it.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:00 PM   #30
Nataphen

Drives: None
Good discussion here, but someone should probably start another thread. This is way OT, and it's clogging up RF's product thread. Post a link here if a new thread is started please.
Nataphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:01 PM   #31
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
But what is the product these companies are selling?

They are not selling pressure increases in your manifold or claiming to reduce restrictions in your engine.

They sell an intake that draws cooler air and a power improvement to your wheels.

Maybe that is why the data some seek is not there, no one is testing for it.
The factory intake is already a cold air intake. No design shown so far is pulling any cooler air than the factory box. So if they aren't selling pressure increases in my manifold due to the removal of pressure drops what are they selling me? I'll tell you... a half baked tune ala skewed MAF output. This is not what you want to pay hundreds of dollars for.
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 10:52 PM   #32
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSloper View Post
Are you talking about the blade touching the mouth of the IM?
Correct.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:36 AM   #33
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataphen View Post
Good discussion here, but someone should probably start another thread. This is way OT, and it's clogging up RF's product thread. Post a link here if a new thread is started please.
^ This! We have not joined this discussion as we would like to keep the thread on topic. We will be creating a new thread w/ more of the technical info once we are closer to releasing the intake.

Thanks,
Jeremiah
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:40 AM   #34
Kracka

Drives: 2021 Corvette Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
^ This! We have not joined this discussion as we would like to keep the thread on topic. We will be creating a new thread w/ more of the technical info once we are closer to releasing the intake.

Thanks,
Jeremiah
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:12 AM   #35
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Ok let's get back to the original topic. Roto-fab you made a point to discuss the inlet size of your box vs the stock box. I'll be as direct as possible so we don't deviate from the topic of your original post.

Did you actually measure a pressure drop at that inlet? On topic and very specific.

Thanks
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:59 PM   #36
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Let them start the thread with all the technical info you might be looking for. Mike has been building a quality product for many years and I have used his intakes on my g8gt, NA and supercharged.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:56 PM   #37
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Hands down, this is my favorite looking intake so far. Awesome job. Please include AFR with dyno results as keeping the MAF values from being skewed too much is very important to me.
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:13 PM   #38
Nataphen

Drives: None
Tomorrow is Friday. Any chances you guys will have an end of the week update?
Nataphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:23 PM   #39
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
I can update you now and address some other questions on this thread. As Jeremiah mentioned, this started as a thread simply to show the direction we are heading with the sixth gen intake. That being said, we do place value on the questions and concerns of our fellow forum members.
First, please understand I don't intend to disclose any specific information about our testing or developing methods. We are in a very competitive market and I'm sure this thread is being monitored by some of our competitors. The last Camaro specific CAI we developed was for the ZL1. That intake has been dyno tested countless times across the country and around the world and consistently shows a gain of about 25 HP without a tune. We have sold thousands and it's widely regarded as the best performing intake available for the ZL1. Suffice it to say, we do know something about developing intake systems.

MAF readings- Roto-fab intake systems are designed to perform well with the stock calibration, so yes, when you data log with our system you will see AFRs and fuel trims that are consistent and well within a safe range.

Air box inlet size- We design our intake systems to maximize performance. Our 5th gen V8 Camaro intake shows gains of 14-18 RWHP over the stock intake. The same Roto-fab intake will gain about 35 RWHP over the stock intake when used in conjunction with a Magnuson 2300 supercharger. Why? First, some of the small restrictions of the stock intake become large restrictions as the air demands increase. Second, during our design process we anticipated the higher air demands of modified cars. We are taking the same approach with our 6th gen intake system. Many of our customers start with our CAI and have no plans for other mods. After a year or two, they develop an itch for more speed. Rest assured when this happens to you, our intake will be up for the task.

Release date-We are still in the testing process. As soon as we are satisfied with the results we will post dyno numbers for you. At that point, we will have a much better idea of the timeline for completion and release.

We are excited about the progress so far. As many of you know, we are extremely dedicated to the Camaro crowd and this project is certainly top priority in the shop. I appreciate your continued interest in Roto-fab products!
Mike
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 02:32 PM   #40
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
I can update you now and address some other questions on this thread. As Jeremiah mentioned, this started as a thread simply to show the direction we are heading with the sixth gen intake. That being said, we do place value on the questions and concerns of our fellow forum members.
First, please understand I don't intend to disclose any specific information about our testing or developing methods. We are in a very competitive market and I'm sure this thread is being monitored by some of our competitors. The last Camaro specific CAI we developed was for the ZL1. That intake has been dyno tested countless times across the country and around the world and consistently shows a gain of about 25 HP without a tune. We have sold thousands and it's widely regarded as the best performing intake available for the ZL1. Suffice it to say, we do know something about developing intake systems.

MAF readings- Roto-fab intake systems are designed to perform well with the stock calibration, so yes, when you data log with our system you will see AFRs and fuel trims that are consistent and well within a safe range.

Air box inlet size- We design our intake systems to maximize performance. Our 5th gen V8 Camaro intake shows gains of 14-18 RWHP over the stock intake. The same Roto-fab intake will gain about 35 RWHP over the stock intake when used in conjunction with a Magnuson 2300 supercharger. Why? First, some of the small restrictions of the stock intake become large restrictions as the air demands increase. Second, during our design process we anticipated the higher air demands of modified cars. We are taking the same approach with our 6th gen intake system. Many of our customers start with our CAI and have no plans for other mods. After a year or two, they develop an itch for more speed. Rest assured when this happens to you, our intake will be up for the task.

Release date-We are still in the testing process. As soon as we are satisfied with the results we will post dyno numbers for you. At that point, we will have a much better idea of the timeline for completion and release.

We are excited about the progress so far. As many of you know, we are extremely dedicated to the Camaro crowd and this project is certainly top priority in the shop. I appreciate your continued interest in Roto-fab products!
Mike
Thanks for the details Mike! Looking forward to your product release and final details.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 09:44 AM   #41
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Any updates?
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:23 AM   #42
68Vette

Drives: 1SS Hyper Blue Metallic, MRC, NPP
Sub'd - This is looking very promising!!!
68Vette is offline   Reply With Quote