Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-20-2017, 09:58 AM   #4075
Tazz3069

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Camaro noob here After weeks of buying parts, tools and in all honesty, procrastinating in fear of breaking something, I took a deep breath today and installed LED headlights (low and high beam bulbs) on my non-RS 2018 2LT. Given that the front bumper had to be removed anyway, I also threw in an illuminated bowtie to kill two birds with one stone. First time I was taking a Camaro apart , the project took me the six hours, but it's all done and works like a charm.
Took her out for a short night test drive, well the difference between stock and LED headlights is literally night and day, no pun intended. Also, I purchased passive cooled LED bulbs with heatsinks, so the headlight assembly is totally silent, no cooling fan noise and no HID whine either, yay. As a precaution, I had resistors ready, but they weren't needed in the end, I am getting no CEL or any error codes.

Since I have no jack, I did it without removing the wheels, just cut them all the way left and right to be able to unhook the wheel well liners. Access is extremely difficult with big hands like mine, but in the end manageable even without help, just takes a lot of patience and proper tools. The bowtie installation was no walk in the park either, as a gigantic hole the shape of a rounded rectangle needed to be cut into the grille, which I scuffed a bit on the inside, but it's invisible, so no big deal. Wonder why the grille doesn't come with the hole precut, it's a pretty time-consuming chore.

Right now I'm tired, but happy as can be Next time I'll tackle the reverse lights and perhaps the license plate lights, the stock ones look yellowish and dated. I may find a use for the resistors with the reverse lights.
Where did you get those new LED head Light Bulbs?

2016 Camaro 2SS "Black Widow"
Tazz3069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:59 PM   #4076
Tazz3069

I finally got all my parts back from paint. Installed
ACS Composites Rear Spoiler
GM rear Diffuser
C7 Carbon Side Skirts
Extreme Dimension Front Splitter

She is starting to look the way she is intended to be. Very happy with all the products I had purchased. No just waiting for my new hood to get in. Thats going to be a while. SEMA is coming to Vegas and they are getting ready for the show.
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2017, 05:29 PM   #4077
MeanGreen1LE

Drives: 17 krypton green 1le
Tinted tails, added 3m M22 Berger panel and replaced bow tie.
Added acs zl1 rockers in 1le satin.
Attached Images

MeanGreen1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:04 PM   #4078
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanGreen1LE View Post
Now I'm definitely not a fan of krypton green, but this looks seriously awesome with the tail and the rockers
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:15 PM   #4079
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz3069 View Post
Where did you get those new LED head Light Bulbs?
Amazon.com, from a vendor named Alla Lighting. Not exactly a great brand, but the bulbs are actually repackaged Supernova V.3's as tested here:

In the meantime they seem to have upgraded the model I bought to a design with active cooling, which I wouldn't have liked because of the noise and the extra moving parts.

Since then I've upgraded both the reverse and the license plate bulbs, too, and those work wonderfully as well. The reverse LED conversion required a resistor harness, as usual, the other was plug'n'play.

Only thing remaining about lighting now is the trunk and side marker lights
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:35 PM   #4080
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
She is starting to look the way she is intended to be.
Nicely done!
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:36 PM   #4081
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
I finally got all my parts back from paint. Installed
ACS Composites Rear Spoiler
GM rear Diffuser
C7 Carbon Side Skirts
Extreme Dimension Front Splitter

She is starting to look the way she is intended to be. Very happy with all the products I had purchased. No just waiting for my new hood to get in. Thats going to be a while. SEMA is coming to Vegas and they are getting ready for the show.
Well done! Car looks great. Couple Questions. I haven't seen that GM Diffuser, do you have a part number? I've also been looking at the C7 Carbon side skirts, is yours the fiberglass and did you use screws or rivets, was it difficult to install. Thx.
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:37 PM   #4082
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanGreen1LE View Post
Very cool!
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:39 PM   #4083
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
Well done! Car looks great. Couple Questions. I haven't seen that GM Diffuser, do you have a part number? I've also been looking at the C7 Carbon side skirts, is yours the fiberglass and did you use screws or rivets, was it difficult to install. Thx.
Agree. Not one that likes too much add ons but those side skirts look awesome. Would also like to know details of the install.

Last edited by craigss50; 10-20-2017 at 07:55 PM.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 02:32 AM   #4084
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
I'm in the middle of installing my Kooks headers. I finally got a set, thanks to Steve @ RDP Motorsport!
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 04:18 PM   #4085
Tazz3069

More pictures. Side skirts were very easy. I purchased black rivits from Amazon. C7 Carbon made an excellent product. I used spring clips to hold it in place until the fitment was were it needed to be. I uses a 3/16 drill bit to make my holes. It's solid.

The rear diffuser, I found it on eBay. As far as I know, you have to buy the entire kit. I sis not like the skirts and splitter. I got lucky and found it on ebay.
Attached Images

Last edited by Tazz3069; 10-21-2017 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:54 PM   #4086
DADBOD

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Today I dropped off my car at GLOSS-IT Detailing for a step one paint correction, 5HP Quartz coating, and front fascia XPEL ultimate clear bra. Spoke with the CEO Rich and I am excited to pick it up in a few days.
DADBOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:01 PM   #4087
Tazz3069

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADBOD View Post
Today I dropped off my car at GLOSS-IT Detailing for a step one paint correction, 5HP Quartz coating, and front fascia XPEL ultimate clear bra. Spoke with the CEO Rich and I am excited to pick it up in a few days.
I just spoke to those guys today. They seem like great guys. Let me know how it turns out. I am looking for a reputable company to do a paint correction and a ceramic coating on my car.

Old 10-21-2017, 06:07 PM   #4088
DADBOD

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
I just spoke to those guys today. They seem like great guys. Let me know how it turns out. I am looking for a reputable company to do a paint correction and a ceramic coating on my car.
I'll let you know Tuesday when I pick her up. Took me some time to consider it but if I wait any longer, my paranoia will get out of control.

They got good reviews on yelp so I stopped by their shop a few weeks ago. They manufacture their own tools, products, and perform all services. I justt checked out a vette in their shop today with the quartz and clear wrap. Absolutely gorgeous.

Current:
Paint Correction/Quartz Clear Coat/Clear Bra
Noico Sound Deadening Doors, Cabin
DADBOD is offline   Reply With Quote