Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Mid-Atlantic

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-17-2016, 12:40 AM   #1
Gen5er
Mack da M1SS1LE

Drives: 2017 Summit White 1SS 1LE
Wassup NorVa

I just got my '17 1SS 1LE and I need some help. I've got 2 questions to ask bear with me. 1. This car is desperately crying out for tinted windows. I live near Fredericksburg, VA and I need the low down on shops that are nearby. Any and all info will be greatly appreciated. Can you help me out? 2. Since the closing of Quaker Steak and Lube I don't know where the Camaro owners meet anymore. Is there still a club in this area and if so when do the get together? That's it, Happy roading.
Gen5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 06:08 AM   #2
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I've reached out to two places,Tintlab and Action Window Tint. Neither impressed me, but friends have recommended Action. Have not done tint yet.
There is a local Camaro Facebook club but I don't do FB so Never know when they meet...
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 02:02 PM   #3
gdgraph

Welcome! I'd like to know more about the second question too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5er View Post
I just got my '17 1SS 1LE and I need some help. I've got 2 questions to ask bear with me. 1. This car is desperately crying out for tinted windows. I live near Fredericksburg, VA and I need the low down on shops that are nearby. Any and all info will be greatly appreciated. Can you help me out? 2. Since the closing of Quaker Steak and Lube I don't know where the Camaro owners meet anymore. Is there still a club in this area and if so when do the get together? That's it, Happy roading.
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 07:51 PM   #4
Gen5er
Mack da M1SS1LE

I would really love to here that S-Type in person. I'm planning on doing either that or the Atak. Have to hear them first.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:42 PM   #5
gdgraph

I'd be down to meet up with you if you want to hear it in person, in the meantime you can check out some of the sound clips I posted on my instagram, but yeah they don't do it justice, it's much better in person!

Shoot me a PM with your number and I'll send you a text so we can meet up some time! I'd love to see your 1LE, haven't seen one in person yet and always drool over those wheels.

Quote:
I would really love to here that S-Type in person. I'm planning on doing either that or the Atak. Have to hear them first.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:15 AM   #6
1fastlsx

Drives: Twin Turbo
Quote:
Dont know about window tint but performance shop
https://www.facebook.com/BroadviewAutoService/
1fastlsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:14 AM   #7
Gen5er
Mack da M1SS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgraph View Post
I'd be down to meet up with you if you want to hear it in person, in the meantime, you can check out some of the sound clips I posted on my Instagram, but yeah they don't do it justice, it's much better in person!

Shoot me a PM with your number and I'll send you a text so we can meet up sometime! I'd love to see your 1LE, haven't seen one in person yet and always drool over those wheels.
I was hoping there would be a massive Camaro Club in this area but I haven't seen or heard of one.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:55 AM   #8
blkbeauty16

Drives: 2019 zl1
There is a Virginia Camaro club on facebook also they do meets in Stafford va I belive. I'm in the Nokesville area, I got my windows done in manassas for 160 at 20% it was at http://www.firstclasstintspecials.com/ my son and wife also got there cars done there. Let me know if you guys want to meet up the car is put up for the winter but once the warm weather is back I will be out. I had John at broadview do work on the car it will be going back in the spring for e85 and a tune, send me a pm if you guys want to get together.
blkbeauty16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:17 AM   #9
Gen5er
Mack da M1SS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbeauty16 View Post
There is a Virginia Camaro club on facebook also they do meets in Stafford va I belive. I'm in the Nokesville area, I got my windows done in manassas for 160 at 20% it was at http://www.firstclasstintspecials.com/ my son and wife also got there cars done there. Let me know if you guys want to meet up the car is put up for the winter but once the warm weather is back I will be out. I had John at broadview do work on the car it will be going back in the spring for e85 and a tune, send me a pm if you guys want to get together.
Thanks a bunch BB. How long did it take for them to tint the windows? I take it they did a good job since you got other cars done there. Also, September 28th to the 30th there is a 1LE event at "The Tail of the Dragon" next year. We need to get together with other NorVa 1LE's and represent. I'm going to throw up another thread with the info in it.
Old 12-31-2016, 04:33 PM   #10
gdgraph

Yeah, I know what you mean, there's really nothing major except that nova camaro club on FB, but I don't really see any good meet ups or cruises on there. It would almost just be better to find a car club in the area for all cars just because you'd be more likely to meet people that way.

Quote:
I was hoping there would be a massive Camaro Club in this area but I haven't seen or heard of one.
Old 12-31-2016, 11:45 PM   #11
mjwill25

Drives: 2016 Black 2 SS
Back in the mid 90's there was a huge Camaro club in the NoVA area, there were meets pretty much every week but I lost touch with them when I got rid of my 94 and it appears as though it disbanded. I have gone to a few cars and cigar's meets but I am the only 6th gen there, not sure where everyone is.
2016 2SS Black on Black, NPP, MRC with 6 speed, ARH Catted LT Headers, AWE Touring Exhaust, RotoFab CAI, Soler Performance TB and TC, GPI Ported LT2 IM, Pray Ported Heads, Pray Custom Grind Stage 2 Cam, DSC v2, BMR STB019H, Stance SF10 in Brushed Dual Gunmetal, Black Bowties, Black SEMA Grille, Smoked Tail Lights, Oracle Ghosted Side Markers

mjwill25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 02:48 PM   #12
gdgraph

Yeah it seems 6th gens are pretty rare in the area. Nice car btw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwill25 View Post
Back in the mid 90's there was a huge Camaro club in the NoVA area, there were meets pretty much every week but I lost touch with them when I got rid of my 94 and it appears as though it disbanded. I have gone to a few cars and cigar's meets but I am the only 6th gen there, not sure where everyone is.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:02 AM   #13
Gen5er
Mack da M1SS1LE

I guess we need to remedy that. I'm no event organizer but I'm sure there are some here that have experience doing such a thing. It doesn't have to be extravagant just a bunch of like-minded folks gathering to talk car hobby and such.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:24 PM   #14
gdgraph

Since the Camaro6 population seems small, and the VA Camaro Club also seems small and some of their events take place in Richmond which is 2 hours away I've been looking into the Northern Virginia Car Club for all makes/models on meetup. I may check that out since it looks like they get a pretty high turnout.

I'd be down to go to one of their events with you to represent the 6th gens!

Quote:
I guess we need to remedy that. I'm no event organizer but I'm sure there are some here that have experience doing such a thing. It doesn't have to be extravagant just a bunch of like-minded folks gathering to talk car hobby and such.