Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-20-2020, 10:52 AM   #1
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
Just installed the Magnaflow 11386 X Pipe

Here’s some backstory:

My setup before was stock towards the back until a secondary cat delete and Borla Atak axle back exhaust. I was mainly getting the X Pipe installed because the secondary cat delete area was leaking at high speeds. Although, the leak didn’t occur until I installed a supercharger lol. The delete also introduced a bit of rasp that I got tired of. I purchased the X Pipe on Amazon for like $105.

So I brought it to where I originally had the delete done. They welded the leaking spot(s) to “fix it” which worked until later that night when I opened it up on the interstate and it came right back. Which brings me to now, I was gonna have a different (more credible) shop install the X Pipe where the delete was. Problem is they called me after I dropped it off and said it wouldn’t fit, but what they could do is replace the factory resonator with the MF X Pipe and weld the leaks where the delete is. Same price so I said cool.

So my car is ready and I’m heading over to get it now. Let’s hope for the best y’all lol
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 11:49 AM   #2
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
So of course today is a rainy day but here are the first impressions:

The idle and overall volume does seem toned down a bit. Which is fine, I expected that and I can hear the supercharger better in cabin so that’s cool lol. That excess rasp in the higher RPMs sounds like it’s gone too. Can’t go high speeds in the rain to make sure the leak is fixed but happy so far
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote