Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-17-2019, 08:12 AM   #29
raflyer

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojeep95 View Post
Dumb question but do you have to tune for all the different levels of ethanol or can you do a few different percentages and have the tuning software ramp it?
It compensates both fueling and timing with set tables in the ecm for different ethanol percentages. As a tuner you can change any of these tables.
raflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 10:32 AM   #30
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by raflyer View Post
Fuel trims look good, HPFP good Question, why does advance say -3.5 in the table but +6 in the gauge screen?

Wait till you start putting timing into that e85 likes

Yeah, I gotta get more timing ramped in still. I keep finding tables that have retard build in where it shouldnt, fighting fuel trims took a lot of time, and is still a working progress. Here is one of the log files if you want to take a look, see if you see anything, or got any advice. All help and knowledge VERY much appreciated!

https://transfernow.net/ddl/e85

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 10:49 AM   #31
raflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Yeah, I gotta get more timing ramped in still. I keep finding tables that have retard build in where it shouldnt, fighting fuel trims took a lot of time, and is still a working progress. Here is one of the log files if you want to take a look, see if you see anything, or got any advice. All help and knowledge VERY much appreciated!

https://transfernow.net/ddl/e85
Not bad sir! Couple things besides the timing(the rate increase looks good by the way) Bring PE mode sooner Like 30-35% pedal position. 2nd Go to Maff only based fueling if you haven't already Let me know if you are not sure how to do that. There are 2 settings to change to do that. Stock its a combination of VE and maff readings. You should be able to add another 3-4deg on each end of your timing curve as long as you keep boost reasonable.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:06 AM   #32
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by raflyer View Post
Not bad sir! Couple things besides the timing(the rate increase looks good by the way) Bring PE mode sooner Like 30-35% pedal position. 2nd Go to Maff only based fueling if you haven't already Let me know if you are not sure how to do that. There are 2 settings to change to do that. Stock its a combination of VE and maff readings. You should be able to add another 3-4deg on each end of your timing curve as long as you keep boost reasonable.

Thank you sir! I was wondering about bringing PE in a bit sooner. So nix VE ? I was trying speed density, its OK. I will give maf a try though.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
Old 02-17-2019, 11:55 AM   #33
raflyer

Quote:
Thank you sir! I was wondering about bringing PE in a bit sooner. So nix VE ? I was trying speed density, its OK. I will give maf a try though.
VE does work as Mr Gibson tells us, but for the majority of peeps, MAFF works just fine and in my humble opinion is much easier over a variety of conditions.

I was able to get my FT's in low single digits across the board quickly and have a smooth stable idle even when its -15F Most say you can't run corn fuel that cold. The LTG did fine, granted I was only at 40% corn.

It's also easy to make fine adjustments under WOT as well in very specific ranges and when combined with HPTuners smoothing function, works well.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:27 PM   #34
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
I can only imagine the 20 or so PMs a day.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:51 AM   #35
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Haha, see, Jason's not as stupid as he seems lol.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 03:20 PM   #36
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Haha, see, Jason's not as stupid as he seems lol.
ROFL Jason!

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
Old 02-27-2019, 09:29 AM   #37
Gibspeed3

Drives: Cadillac ATS 2.0T
Quote:
Big thanks man, MAF is a lot more flexible. I'm getting fuel trims looking much better. Also I am spraying less fuel thanks to some tips from Jason@JacFab. Big thanks to you sir! I still may go back and do the virtual VE tables. Un decided. The LOGIC of this PCM is advanced to say the least. Ive been getting alot of PM's here and there on this subject, and a common question keeps coming up. Can I do a 50/50 mix of e85 and 93 with the boost cranked up. These are those results. While it it fun, it's definitely not optimal operating conditions. I have peaked another 30ftlbs and 10 hp with less boost, using different methods of making power on the same 50/50 mix.
Dialing in VVE isn't necessary to have a pretty smooth running car, with the amount/speed of the fuel trims capabilities in this ecu, but will only help, in any situation.

With that said, I do run 100% speed density, because I run a much larger than stock dia. MAF, something I wanted to do to test setups that will be required for bigger power setups. If you're stock dia MAF or close to it, you can still easily dial in fueling that way as well.

Last edited by Gibspeed3; 02-27-2019 at 09:49 AM.
Gibspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:38 AM   #38
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibspeed3 View Post
Dialing in VVE isn't necessary to have a pretty smooth running car, with the amount/speed of the fuel trims capabilities in this ecu, but will only help, in any situation.

With that said, I do run 100% speed density, because I run a much larger than stock dia. MAF, something I wanted to do to test setups that will be required for bigger power setups. If you're stock dia MAF or close to it, you can still easily dial in fueling that way as well.

Ok, I see what your saying, appreciated!

I'm getting ready to purchase my credits for the lpfp stuff. Looking at the available tables, everything is a bit foreign, and there is a lot more there than I would have expected to see. Would you mind sharing any tips on what areas to look at here?

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
Old 03-01-2019, 09:23 AM   #39
Gibspeed3

Drives: Cadillac ATS 2.0T
Quote:
Ok, I see what your saying, appreciated!

I'm getting ready to purchase my credits for the lpfp stuff. Looking at the available tables, everything is a bit foreign, and there is a lot more there than I would have expected to see. Would you mind sharing any tips on what areas to look at here?
There is a lot there, but much of it isn't relevant or necessary right now.

You want to concentrate on the Regulation Pressure and Max Desired Pressure to start. I would personally set the entire Regulation Pressure equal to whatever your max is in that table. Mine was 550kpa for example. Then, set all your Max Desired Pressure somewhere just below that level. I've been running mine at 525kpa, again, as an example.

That alone should allow you to run and hold 76psi on the low side throughout the entire power/rpm band.

The only other table you may need to modify at some point is the OL/ Fuel Pump DC table. This maps out the base duty cycle for the pump, which the ECU thinks will be required to hit the desired pressures. You only need to change this table if you log your LPFP and you're not seeing your max desired pressure at some point, then cross reference that with logged pump DC and see that you're at the duty cycle requested for that flow rate. That just means you need to request a little higher DC in that area.
Gibspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:29 AM   #40
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibspeed3 View Post
There is a lot there, but much of it isn't relevant or necessary right now.

You want to concentrate on the Regulation Pressure and Max Desired Pressure to start. I would personally set the entire Regulation Pressure equal to whatever your max is in that table. Mine was 550kpa for example. Then, set all your Max Desired Pressure somewhere just below that level. I've been running mine at 525kpa, again, as an example.

That alone should allow you to run and hold 76psi on the low side throughout the entire power/rpm band.

The only other table you may need to modify at some point is the OL/ Fuel Pump DC table. This maps out the base duty cycle for the pump, which the ECU thinks will be required to hit the desired pressures. You only need to change this table if you log your LPFP and you're not seeing your max desired pressure at some point, then cross reference that with logged pump DC and see that you're at the duty cycle requested for that flow rate. That just means you need to request a little higher DC in that area.

Perfect!! Thank you VERY much sir. Awesome information to have, and will save me a ton of time researching

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
Old 03-04-2019, 02:51 PM   #41
misdeismo

Drives: Ford Mustang GT350
Very impressive work your doing!! Question, have you found the limit of the Hpfp using e85 from your tuning yet? Wondering how much headroom there is. I feel like you May have answered this before but what’s the max torque you’ve been able to achieve and at what rpm?
misdeismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 10:51 AM   #42
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by misdeismo View Post
Very impressive work your doing!! Question, have you found the limit of the Hpfp using e85 from your tuning yet? Wondering how much headroom there is. I feel like you May have answered this before but what’s the max torque you’ve been able to achieve and at what rpm?

Thankd you. I have not found the limit of the HPFP yet. I am told 400HP give or take, IDK. I have been told many things,(some true, some not so much) so only time will tell I guess.

So far, Ive logged a max of 405 TQ. Sweet spot seems to be around 4200+- rpm's.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----