Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 04-05-2020, 09:53 AM   #1
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
MBRP axle back for V6

Anyone have any personal experience with this? I find very limited info on it for a 6th gen V6. My main concern is fitment and drone issues. The pricing is awesome, so it captured my interest.

Thanks
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 04:34 PM   #2
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
mbrp quad tip axle back exhaust is amazing, no drone at all and looks great. (i have this one)

now a cat back is more expensive but worth it (more power). there will be no drone with the systems because they are engineered to not have drone good luck
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 04:52 PM   #3
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudsmaro View Post
mbrp quad tip axle back exhaust is amazing, no drone at all and looks great. (i have this one)

now a cat back is more expensive but worth it (more power). there will be no drone with the systems because they are engineered to not have drone good luck
Is the rest of your exhaust completely stock? Was fitment pretty much spot on?
Old 04-06-2020, 07:38 PM   #4
Spudsmaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Is the rest of your exhaust completely stock? Was fitment pretty much spot on?
fitment was perfect.

no the rest of my exhaust is not stock.

the first exhaust mod i put was the axle back it def fits stock setup no fitment issues.

i have American Racing headers Catless downpipes that lead to a 2.5 inch x pipe then straight piped all the way to my mbrp quad tip axle back
Old 04-06-2020, 07:59 PM   #5
HCI2000SS

Quote:
fitment was perfect.

the first exhaust mod i put was the axle back it def fits stock setup no fitment issues.

i have American Racing headers Catless downpipes that lead to a 2.5 inch x pipe then straight piped all the way to my mbrp quad tip axle back
So you had no drone back when it was just the MBRP axle back only correct?
Old 04-07-2020, 04:48 AM   #6
Luckycod4

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
fitment was perfect.

Do you have any before and after clips of the downpipes?
Luckycod4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 03:21 PM   #7
Spudsmaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckycod4 View Post
Do you have any before and after clips of the downpipes?
no but i can show you after pic? dont know if that helps tho
Old 04-07-2020, 05:16 PM   #8
Luckycod4

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
no but i can show you after pic? dont know if that helps tho
I just want to know if they are worth getting. How much louder did it get?
Luckycod4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 04:50 PM   #9
Spudsmaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckycod4 View Post
I just want to know if they are worth getting. How much louder did it get?
lol just know people say my car sounds like an zl1 but they are fools it is extremely louder and very much worth it go to my ig @_.spud.__ to see clips
Old 04-10-2020, 12:21 PM   #10
Wipeyourself

Drives: 2019 2LT RS V6 A8
I got the non-npp alumnized axle back on a 19 rs. Fitment is excellent, drone is little to none. Looking at the kit I was worried it would be obnoxious, it's not. Its volume isn't much more then stock while cruising. When your on it, others will notice u.

I don't have a clip. Before I purchased I looked for sound clips and only found a few. They sounded like crap so I was hesitant to purchase. Low quality cell phones record low quality audio clips.
Wipeyourself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 12:25 PM   #11
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wipeyourself View Post
I got the non-npp alumnized axle back on a 19 rs. Fitment is excellent, drone is little to none. Looking at the kit I was worried it would be obnoxious, it's not. Its volume isn't much more then stock while cruising. When your on it, others will notice u.

I don't have a clip. Before I purchased I looked for sound clips and only found a few. They sounded like crap so I was hesitant to purchase. Low quality cell phones record low quality audio clips.
Thanks for the response! Being that you got the aluminized version, how is it holding up? How long have you had it, and do you drive the car all year long?
Old 04-10-2020, 12:41 PM   #12
Wipeyourself

I drive year round with fairly harsh winters. I wont comment on durability its only been on a little over a month. Keep in mind most stock systems are made of alumnized materials so it should last fairly well. The trouble points will be the welds. Clean the pipes and paint them if you choose.

From what I've been led to believe is with mbrp you either buy the alumnized or the SS. I've read the black coating isn't the greatest. I have no opinion as I haven't seen it personally.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:06 PM   #13
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wipeyourself View Post
I drive year round with fairly harsh winters. I wont comment on durability its only been on a little over a month. Keep in mind most stock systems are made of alumnized materials so it should last fairly well. The trouble points will be the welds. Clean the pipes and paint them if you choose.

From what I've been led to believe is with mbrp you either buy the alumnized or the SS. I've read the black coating isn't the greatest. I have no opinion as I haven't seen it personally.
I was under the impression that most stock systems are actually 409 stainless now. The Camaro included. If I did do the aluminized version I'd definitely paint and maintain it without question. So overall you're very happy with the setup? No other issues or complaints?
Old 04-10-2020, 01:42 PM   #14
Wipeyourself

Yes sir, no complaints. The instructions were a little confusing on where to cut. The sheet I had showed 2 cut lines. So I cut on the side of caution. It was a little long so I cut it again inline with the rear cross member. Clamps are nice. Tips are fine but when your holding them in your hand they have a cheap look/feel to them, installed they look fine. They have a Universal clamp on the back.