Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-07-2020, 02:15 PM   #6875
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Same guy has gt500 vs zr1, which is surprisingly close
https://youtu.be/lzGUUI3kzEQ
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 03:55 PM   #6876
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuywithL86 View Post
Same guy has gt500 vs zr1, which is surprisingly close
https://youtu.be/lzGUUI3kzEQ
Only close when the GT500 took the hit - the first 3 times.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:34 PM   #6877
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Looks like Stangmode is trying to sell his GT500. Apparently he and his wife are both out of work due to the virus. So I guess he has to get rid of it. He is even trying to mark it up which I think is a bit silly. I mean, if it belonged to Jay Leno or someone famous then I could see trying to get extra money. But he nobody. I think he listed it at $105K and the reserve is even higher.

Meanwhile I saw that some dealerships have actually stopped marking up the GT500s. At this point it appears there is a lot of uncertainty with how the economy will handle things and how long it will take for things to bounce back. So I doubt anyone is dropping even $5K ADMs on anything. And I bet those who did pay markups on their GT500s are feeling a bit silly now if they end up having to ditch it. Cars like that are gonna drop in value like a brick. So how SM thinks he'll get over $105K is beyond me. Desperate times I guess. Or it's all a stunt to get views on his page.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 04:41 AM   #6878
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Well this is a good time to buy these cars...if you can that is. There 2019 WB Redeyes with low miles going for mid to low $60K right now. And brand new GT500s are selling at MSRP. Cargurus has 225 of them listed. Lots of options out there.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:46 AM   #6879
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Was not a fan of the stock wheels until I saw these aluminium trident wheels. By far the best option wheels imo.
I prefer the machined faced, Spectra gray tridents. I'd probably never swap them out with aftermarket wheels.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:29 AM   #6880
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Snowblind car looks great,

Blaq stay safe!

Saw a C8 on the road yesterday. First time seeing one in person. Holy hell did GM hit this one out of the park. It was orange and I about snapped my neck turning my head to stare at it. It still screams Vette, while at the same time looking exotic
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:50 PM   #6881
NW-99SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post

Blaq stay safe!

Saw a C8 on the road yesterday. First time seeing one in person. Holy hell did GM hit this one out of the park. It was orange and I about snapped my neck turning my head to stare at it. It still screams Vette, while at the same time looking exotic
I'm hearing that it has a lot more presence in person than in pictures. Can't wait to see one. My friend was expecting his this month, but I think the plant closures will delay that until they re-open.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 04-08-2020, 01:52 PM   #6882
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
I'm hearing that it has a lot more presence in person than in pictures. Can't wait to see one. My friend was expecting his this month, but I think the plant closures will delay that until they re-open.
Yep. For some reason it doesn't photograph well from a few angles. Looks awesome in person. To me it looks even better when the side trim is body color.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:57 PM   #6883
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
just my opinion but pictures do this car no justice. It looked absolutely amazing
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 02:08 PM   #6884
NW-99SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks01SS View Post
Yep. For some reason it doesn't photograph well from a few angles. Looks awesome in person. To me it looks even better when the side trim is body color.
Quote:
just my opinion but pictures do this car no justice. It looked absolutely amazing
Definitely makes me anticipate the arrival of his C8 even more. Thanks gents
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 04-08-2020, 02:50 PM   #6885
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:

Blaq stay safe!

Thanks man. I haven't heard from you in a bit and was starting to get worried. I was about to message you to check in. So it is good to hear from you. I hope you're staying safe.

And yea, the C8 looks absolutely phenomenal in person. I flew all the way from Jersey to Florida just to check it out. And I was not disappointed. It was orange as well. That is probably the only car I could get in orange or yellow. No other car. I'm glad you got to see one!!
Old 04-08-2020, 03:30 PM   #6886
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum

Hopefully everyone who can afford these cars are in cash right now.

And not upside down.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:47 AM   #6887
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

I love the fact that a bunch of losers in Mustnag world who have base model GTs (IF that) are talking shit about Stangmode who has a GT500, which not one of those morons will ever be able to afford, lol!! I don't like the dude either and am not defending him at all. But not many of the people criticizing him would ever own something on that level or close to it, lol!! But that is how GT guys think. Meanwhile they're all probably on the brink of financial meltdown and are about to lose their GTs and EBs just the same!! HAHAHAHA!!
Old 04-09-2020, 12:57 PM   #6888
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
I appreciate all the comments guys, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
You dirty dog! I can't wait to see it run. Very cool, matching superquick Chevys. You gonna go all out race on this one?
Hey Mark, good question. My Camaro is such a great car and I have thoroughly enjoyed the journey since buying it Dec 30th of 2015. I've been booted 3 times from Atco last year and I've lost the love a little, the SS has so much more in it but I get 2 runs and then safety techs shut me down. Private rentals would overlook my e.t.'s maybe, but at $200 a pop it gets pricey.
The plan with the C8 is to get to 10.0 with as minimal mods as possible, you guys that have raced know that the further you mod your car, the more it becomes less street friendly. My SS is a pleasure to drive for me but its went past the point where the wife wants to drive it now.

Ask me that question again this time next year, I won't have an issue caging a 2 seater vs caging a 4 seater and losing 2 seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I love the fact that a bunch of losers in Mustnag world who have base model GTs (IF that) are talking shit about Stangmode who has a GT500, which not one of those morons will ever be able to afford, lol!!
I'm gonna let you in on a little secret; he has a c8 ordered, he absolutely loves these cars too.....shhhhh.