Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...


Emblempros


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2020, 08:52 PM   #197
RobbyBeefcake87

 
RobbyBeefcake87's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 1,492
A little bit of a shift of topic, but I think the new ss 1le a10 coming out will have the fastest stock on stock tires 0 to 60 of any camaro ss.
__________________
2000 Miata MX5 - vvt engine rebuild, manual swap, torsen diff swap.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door.
2017 Corvette Grandsport - untouched.
2006 GTO - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
2000 Blazer - 300k miles.
1985 Sprint
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:11 PM   #198
Fraxum


 
Fraxum's Avatar
 
Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,855
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
A little bit of a shift of topic, but I think the new ss 1le a10 coming out will have the fastest stock on stock tires 0 to 60 of any camaro ss.
Not a shift at all, IMO.

It could be as you said, but the extra weight and stiffer and track setup might hold it back. Although a good portion of that weight is right over the rear wheels with the ediff. I can say driving an LT1 in cool weather can be scary in the lower gears with the all seasons. The M6 1LE SSes are a tenth or two slower than the plain SSes.
__________________
Stephen Colbert: “Reality has a well-known liberal bias.”
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 01:30 PM   #199
TheRealJA105

 
TheRealJA105's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: PA
Posts: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
The M6 1LE SSes are a tenth or two slower than the plain SSes.
*if the plain SS can get traction on 275 runflats
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 06:16 PM   #200
RobbyBeefcake87

 
RobbyBeefcake87's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 1,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Not a shift at all, IMO.

It could be as you said, but the extra weight and stiffer and track setup might hold it back. Although a good portion of that weight is right over the rear wheels with the ediff. I can say driving an LT1 in cool weather can be scary in the lower gears with the all seasons. The M6 1LE SSes are a tenth or two slower than the plain SSes.
According to chevy and most anecdotal evidence thats true, but if you look at what the mags have been able to accomplish the ss 1le's have been just as fast with some running 12.3 same as the fastest ss's. In fact more 1le's have been tested at 12.3 than ss's, though that's probably due to the fact that quite a few 1le's have been tested and documented vs perhaps not as many m6 ss's. They also seem to get to 60 quicker due to the rubber but then it evens out by the 1/4.
__________________
2000 Miata MX5 - vvt engine rebuild, manual swap, torsen diff swap.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door.
2017 Corvette Grandsport - untouched.
2006 GTO - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
2000 Blazer - 300k miles.
1985 Sprint
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 06:17 PM   #201
RobbyBeefcake87

 
RobbyBeefcake87's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 1,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
*if the plain SS can get traction on 275 runflats
This is why I think the auto ss 1le will be quickest in 0 to 60 on stock rubber, decent 305s vs the 275 run flats... obviously outside of a stock tire that all changes.
__________________
2000 Miata MX5 - vvt engine rebuild, manual swap, torsen diff swap.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door.
2017 Corvette Grandsport - untouched.
2006 GTO - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
2000 Blazer - 300k miles.
1985 Sprint
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 07:12 AM   #202
Fraxum


 
Fraxum's Avatar
 
Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,855
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
This is why I think the auto ss 1le will be quickest in 0 to 60 on stock rubber, decent 305s vs the 275 run flats... obviously outside of a stock tire that all changes.
Yea you could be right. The best I ever did on a M6 SS was a few mid 12.3s on stock tires. But lots of A8s ran lower 12s than me. Check out the fast list. The A10s so far do not seem any faster than the A8s.

On the other hand I have drag raced 3 Camaros on 305 stock Camaro Goodyears and If I was not careful on the burnout they would get greasy. And they did not hold a prepped track any better than stock SS tires. Two of those were ZL1s. But to compare the 5th gen to the 6th gen the 6th gen 305s are not quite as greasy prone.

I think we need to line up the A10 1LE with an A10 SS, run them together with experienced drivers, switch drivers. Then compare average times. Then we would have some real numbers to compare! That would be fun.
__________________
Stephen Colbert: “Reality has a well-known liberal bias.”

Last edited by Fraxum; 03-24-2020 at 07:23 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 07:22 AM   #203
TheRealJA105

 
TheRealJA105's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: PA
Posts: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
According to chevy and most anecdotal evidence thats true, but if you look at what the mags have been able to accomplish the ss 1le's have been just as fast with some running 12.3 same as the fastest ss's. In fact more 1le's have been tested at 12.3 than ss's, though that's probably due to the fact that quite a few 1le's have been tested and documented vs perhaps not as many m6 ss's. They also seem to get to 60 quicker due to the rubber but then it evens out by the 1/4.
Yep
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
This is why I think the auto ss 1le will be quickest in 0 to 60 on stock rubber, decent 305s vs the 275 run flats... obviously outside of a stock tire that all changes.
Yep, we don't need to debate on DRs again haha. LT1 A10 should win that, unless the A10 is actually a little slower than the A8 which evidence is kind of pointing to, then an A8 1SS might still win
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Yea you could be right. The best I ever did on a M6 SS was a few mid 12.3s on stock tires. But lots of A8s ran lower 12s than me. Check out the fast list. The A10s so far do not seem any faster than the A8s.
Yep

TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:43 AM   #204
RobbyBeefcake87

 
RobbyBeefcake87's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 1,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Yep

Yep, we don't need to debate on DRs again haha. LT1 A10 should win that, unless the A10 is actually a little slower than the A8 which evidence is kind of pointing to, then an A8 1SS might still win

Yep

I'd like to catch an a10 or m6 lt1 on a roll, I have a feeling even on stock tires the lt1 will be the fastest camaro on a roll race as long as traction isn't an issue. Weight, probably aero, and rotating mass.
__________________
2000 Miata MX5 - vvt engine rebuild, manual swap, torsen diff swap.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door.
2017 Corvette Grandsport - untouched.
2006 GTO - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
2000 Blazer - 300k miles.
1985 Sprint
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:45 AM   #205
RobbyBeefcake87

 
RobbyBeefcake87's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 1,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Yea you could be right. The best I ever did on a M6 SS was a few mid 12.3s on stock tires. But lots of A8s ran lower 12s than me. Check out the fast list. The A10s so far do not seem any faster than the A8s.

On the other hand I have drag raced 3 Camaros on 305 stock Camaro Goodyears and If I was not careful on the burnout they would get greasy. And they did not hold a prepped track any better than stock SS tires. Two of those were ZL1s. But to compare the 5th gen to the 6th gen the 6th gen 305s are not quite as greasy prone.

I think we need to line up the A10 1LE with an A10 SS, run them together with experienced drivers, switch drivers. Then compare average times. Then we would have some real numbers to compare! That would be fun.
Yea I agree on the 305s vs the ss 275s, honestly the only place I've noticed the 305s really have an advatange is on the street. At the strip I haven't seen them do any better than the ss's 275s.
__________________
2000 Miata MX5 - vvt engine rebuild, manual swap, torsen diff swap.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door.
2017 Corvette Grandsport - untouched.
2006 GTO - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
2000 Blazer - 300k miles.
1985 Sprint
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:57 AM   #206
Fraxum


 
Fraxum's Avatar
 
Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,855
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Yea I agree on the 305s vs the ss 275s, honestly the only place I've noticed the 305s really have an advatange is on the street. At the strip I haven't seen them do any better than the ss's 275s.
So true on the street. The stock wheels and tires are my winter setup. I have MRR 1LE replicas coming and 305s will be on the back for the summertime. But for now until things settle down I will leave the all seasons on and just focus on visual up grades. Painting the back calipers red, striping and other stuff.

Has anyone come up with a tow hook receiver?
__________________
Stephen Colbert: “Reality has a well-known liberal bias.”
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:28 AM   #207
TheRealJA105

 
TheRealJA105's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: PA
Posts: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Yea I agree on the 305s vs the ss 275s, honestly the only place I've noticed the 305s really have an advatange is on the street. At the strip I haven't seen them do any better than the ss's 275s.
The track with turns is where the G3s really have their advantage.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:12 AM   #208
RobbyBeefcake87

 
RobbyBeefcake87's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 1,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
The track with turns is where the G3s really have their advantage.
Well obviously, no argument there. I'm just talking about any straight line advantage they may offer.
__________________
2000 Miata MX5 - vvt engine rebuild, manual swap, torsen diff swap.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door.
2017 Corvette Grandsport - untouched.
2006 GTO - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
2000 Blazer - 300k miles.
1985 Sprint
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:47 AM   #209
JROC
 
JROC's Avatar
 
Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
I'd like to catch an a10 or m6 lt1 on a roll, I have a feeling even on stock tires the lt1 will be the fastest camaro on a roll race as long as traction isn't an issue. Weight, probably aero, and rotating mass.
It's not a huge difference, but going from 3.42's to 3.73's should be a noticeable advantage for the 1LE going against a M6 LT1.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:25 AM   #210
RobbyBeefcake87

 
RobbyBeefcake87's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 1,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
It's not a huge difference, but going from 3.42's to 3.73's should be a noticeable advantage for the 1LE going against a M6 LT1.
3.42s? I thought they had 3.73s like all other m6 lt1 cars. That should be an advantage for the ss and ss 1le but I did see in a Chevy brochure, that the lt1 had a higher claimed quarter mile trap speed over the ss's even though et was the same. So just going off of that I'd assume it to be a better roll racing car but you might be right if it has 3.42s.

That's why I want to race and find out lol
__________________
2000 Miata MX5 - vvt engine rebuild, manual swap, torsen diff swap.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door.
2017 Corvette Grandsport - untouched.
2006 GTO - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
2000 Blazer - 300k miles.
1985 Sprint
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.