Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-21-2020, 12:47 PM   #6819
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
"If the car dead hooked, it seemed to close the throttle body on the shift between first and second gear, so we dialed in a little tire spin to keep it from doing that," explained Carlyle.

The straight line bog has never been about stability control. It (torque management induced bog) has always been about protecting the drivetrain.
Ah ok. I thought it flat out mentioned the bog. I'm ok with it if it does whatever job it was intended to do. That is fine with me.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:52 PM   #6820
LESS1

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I don't think you see what I'm saying. I'm not saying that there are any differences between the two cars. I'm saying that 2020s are already going to have lower production numbers than was originally planned due to the strike. Now there will be even further delays which means even lower production numbers. The 2021s will have much higher numbers than what was originally planned and will be in more abundance. Rarity increases value. Therefore of all the years the C8s will be available, provided everything from here out goes as planned, 2021 C8s will have much higher units than any of the other years and will therefore have less value. The 2020s might have a higher value because they will be scarce and a 1st year of a new design. I'm not talking about some Joe who just wants to drive a C8. That kind of person will just take the best deal he can get. But someone looking for something rare or rarer will look for a 2020. It would be more desirable even if it doesn't fetch any more money. But whatever. Moving on.
I agree with your thought process, however when it comes to Gen 4 and up Corvettes, this doesn't hold true for the most part. Look at 2001 C5 Z06, first Z06 since 1963 and they are shunned because 2002 - 2004 are viewed as better performers (small difference) and value. The same is true for C4 ZR1, again another first release since the early 1970s and the first model year is again lagging the updated/newer years. And in both of these examples if memory serves me these are the lowest or near lowest production counts for both of these cars.

Part of the reason for this, in my opinion, is due to the fact that Chevy builds and sells too many of these cars for them to ever be highly collectible. Chevy has been known to release very limited-edition Corvettes from time to with production runs of a few hundred or less. Most Corvette owners and fans never even know about these cars, to begin with. Now all of this said if this was a Porsche form and a brand new game-changing vehicle was just released with the probability of very low first-year production counts as the C8 is facing. There would be a feeding frenzy and people would pay insane money, just look at what happens every time Porsche announces a new Speedster!
LESS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:09 PM   #6821
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Now just admit that being off the deep end makes you wrong and we will have some progress here.

Yes the Mustang guys like to hide mods, but per oldman see below

Touche

I think the tire argument is worthless. No one is showing up to a drag race they care about winning on a stock tired anything. If a car is true stock on a DR it's still a stock car, it just has traction now. But society has decided we must call a tire or an alignment a mod now...

I mostly agree with this, but Blaq does have a point that the 2020 C8 is going to be severely limited by the strike and the Wuhan Boomer Remover, so it might help their value.

I think a $120k car will fall more in value than a $60k car, but % wise maybe it will fair better.

I agree with your logic here, but please drive your car and don't count on it appreciating in value.
I get where you're coming from but at that point its not show room stock anymore no matter how you slice it. Might as well call a 17 inch drag pack and some minor bolt ons stock too if thats the case.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:11 PM   #6822
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Only reason I think it might is because it's the first year of the ME vette that has been talked about as a possibility for 40 some years then add in running out of parts for the carbon package, the super short model year. But yeah you are right, it's just another mass produced car.

I would say guessing the ZR1 holds value better is fair.

that wasn't directed at anyone in particular, just with all the nonsense back and forth about how GM's are usually more consistent and easier to drive just thought it was funny one of the first real world owner tests we saw was the 11.5 and then one breaking is all.
Yea pretty inconsistent to say the least, especially considering the street surface tires have been faster than some of the strip times we've seen... though to its credit a lot of them have not yet been broken in and are still on reduced torque.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:15 PM   #6823
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I just read on Motor Trend the C8 has the builtin Chevy Bog when you hook. Yikes!

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020...acing-nitrous/
I figured they had to protect the dct, on a side note I've seen people diss the torque number from the dyno run but forget the car wasn't broken in and at full torque yet.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:03 AM   #6824
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
LOL, I've been off the deep end for a while now.

Well they just royally screwed themselves over. I saw a glimpse of a report that GM and the other manufacturers will be shutting down plants in 2 weeks. Or something to that effect. Which means that there will be even less 2020 C8s than there were gonna be. After the strike happened a lot of the 2020s were gonna actually have to be 2021s. Now a further delay will mean even more will be 2021s. So actual 2020s will be very limited now and highly sought after in the future. And the 2021s will be the easiest to get since there will be more than what was originally planned. These guys with early versions that just went out beating the shit out of them are gonna have C8s that nobody will want since everyone will likely want a clean unmolested version that has been taken care of properly. Hopefully I will still get my 2020. If I do then it is gonna get babied and broken in properly and not driven much. We'll see how much value it has. If I get mine and if it is an official 2020 that is. Fingers crossed.

I would say Mustang guys are the kings of "stock" cars. Or they say "well it is stock except for..." which means it ain't stock. Probably 90% of them have hidden mods or mods that they conveniently forget to mention. We caught them in that a couple years ago when several of them were making these claims but forgetting to list all their mods. Or the excuse was that they race competitively so they can't divulge all their secrets. LOL!!
Mustang guys mod religiously compared to any other muscle car. Right now, there is not a single 2020 GT500 that is stock with stock rubber, exhaust, closed in air boxes, raised redline's etc, etc. Everyone tweaking those cars and racing stock mopars and GM cars, and picking on the not so good drivers.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:35 AM   #6825
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Really, no one quoted me for Mr. Whole to see all weekend. I'm disappointed
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:27 PM   #6826
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Really, no one quoted me for Mr. Whole to see all weekend. I'm disappointed
I quoted you, just not that message lol
Old 03-23-2020, 07:27 PM   #6827
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Mustang guys mod religiously compared to any other muscle car. Right now, there is not a single 2020 GT500 that is stock with stock rubber, exhaust, closed in air boxes, raised redline's etc, etc. Everyone tweaking those cars and racing stock mopars and GM cars, and picking on the not so good drivers.
That and they'll claim its a "stock" car.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:51 PM   #6828
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Well they need every advantage they can get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
That and they'll claim its a "stock" car.
The most famous quote from Mustang guys. "It's completely bone stock...except for..."
Old 03-24-2020, 09:12 AM   #6829
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
I quoted you, just not that message lol
No one else wants to talk about it either I guess. Conditions will not get much more favorable than those runs. Maybe another C8 will be just a little hotter from the factory and knock off .06 in similar conditions with DRs and skinnys though... This seems solid enough evidence of my prediction that not many C8s will hit 10s stock. Maybe a few hero passes just like the ZL1.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:44 AM   #6830
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Cars like the 6th Gen SS are much more fun to drive around because you get a lot more good races. There is always a GT, SRT8, etc that will try to run you. I think they represent the max you can get out of a car.

Where did you read that? I can't find it in the link.

I assume they do this to keep the car from going off track.
"Tire pressures started out at 30 psi and the team came down to 20 psi, with the sweet spot being around 22 psi. "If the car dead hooked, it seemed to close the throttle body on the shift between first and second gear, so we dialed in a little tire spin to keep it from doing that," explained Carlyle."

The bog is in all M6 SSes and to some extent all ZL1s. My understanding is it is there to protect the drive train, espcially axles and diffs. I suspect the new transmission is a bit delicate. We shall see.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:22 PM   #6831
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
"Tire pressures started out at 30 psi and the team came down to 20 psi, with the sweet spot being around 22 psi. "If the car dead hooked, it seemed to close the throttle body on the shift between first and second gear, so we dialed in a little tire spin to keep it from doing that," explained Carlyle."

The bog is in all M6 SSes and to some extent all ZL1s. My understanding is it is there to protect the drive train, espcially axles and diffs. I suspect the new transmission is a bit delicate. We shall see.
Thanks for the info. And yea, we will see ince more are out there. Whenever that will be.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:04 AM   #6832
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Not much activity in a few days, everyone must be on lockdown lol

Here in IL we are till april 7th, so stay safe everybody!
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote