Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-24-2019, 02:13 PM   #1
SSick1le

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE
LSA conversion with LSA drive

I will be doing an LSA conversion on my car in the near future. I already have the supercharger, injectors and CAI. I’ve been debating doing the ADM conversion or switching over to the LSA accessories to have an 8rib setup. My question is to anyone who has done this, what all needs to be changed from an LS3 to have LSA set up? Is the AC compressor different? Appreciate any input

Last edited by SSick1le; 05-26-2019 at 07:41 AM.
SSick1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:32 AM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSick1le View Post
I will be doing an LSA conversion on my car in the near future. I already have the supercharger, injectors and CAI. I’ve been debating doing the ADM conversion or switching over to the LSA accessories to have an 8rib setup. My question is to anyone who has done this, what all needs to be changed from an LS3 to have LSA set up? Is the AC compressor different? Appreciate any input
It is the more expensive option but is the best option to have a dedicated 8 rib drive system for your supercharger.

Pretty much everything is different, and specific to the LSA Pace Perfromance stocks the LSA front accessory system.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:53 PM   #3
QUICRNU

Drives: Z06 wannabe
I did this conversion using the 3belt LSA setup, I have had 0 belt slip issues with 8.66 lower and 2.55 upper (thats my max ive ran and only with some higher octane precaution based on 13.4psi and SBE) i run 3.04 or 2.75 upper normally/street.

As Jannetty said, it is more expensive and all accessories including water pump are replaced, and the A/C condenser infront of radiator. Perhaps they make adaptors for the stock one, but I just replaced it and the lines to the ZL1.

Make sure you plan to push the blower ratio (boost) high enough for this to matter. If not, then go ADM maybe.

Keep in mind, last I heard, it is bad to change the speed of the accessory belt, so you cant change the lower pulley to add boost (with the same level of expected accessory life) if that same belt powers the accessories. So your only option is a small upper pulley, which promotes belt slip.

The 3rd belt provides freedom from that, and larger lower is still better as then a bigger pulley can be used up top.

Etc Etc.... Its not too hard, but does require some fabricating ingenuity, you can see some of what I did in my build thread.

Good Luck, Boost is addicting!!
Old 05-30-2019, 06:25 PM   #4
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
I've done both ways. I actually bought the 3 drive adapter kit from ADM and kept my accessories! Ck with Andy. He may still have them...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:56 PM   #5
SSick1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
I've done both ways. I actually bought the 3 drive adapter kit from ADM and kept my accessories! Ck with Andy. He may still have them...

-Don
I will look into this. Did the adapter kit just include different brackets for the compressor and alternator.?
Old 05-30-2019, 09:12 PM   #6
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Yep, and harmonic balancer/bolt with belts...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:58 PM   #7
SSick1le

Reviving my old thread to ask a question regarding the conversion.

Are the injector clips/retainers the same when swapping from the LS3 to LSA fuel rail? I’m getting different part numbers online but haven’t read of anyone needing to buy different ones. Thanks.