#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-28-2019, 09:17 PM   #1
dinkz
'Stang Walker

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Arrow New ZL1 Owner & I Have a Few Questions

Hey, my names Joe and I recently just purchased my first Chevy a GORGEOUS 2019 ZL1 w/a half decent spec. Besides all that I've been a Dodge fan most my life growing up with my first car being a '06 Charger R/T and driving that to the ground. I never modded that car or really did anything to it although I wanted to.. to say the least I was a stock type person. I was fascinated by performance mods and always watched people on Youtube growing up building their monsters and I always wanted to, but figured I never would. Now I have a 2019 ZL1 and I plan on making it my "beast." I would loveee to here some input and advice with my plans of mods and what not as well as I am aware after modding your car you need to dyno tune it and I really have no clue about how to get into any of that, I just see what I see on Youtube, but don't know how to find those people. Anyways, I've been talking for a long time and just want to show you my potential mods list:

Performance:
Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake (Big Gulp Series)
Corsa Long Tubes 2"x3" Catless
Lower Pulley Kit 9.10"
Throttle Body
Borla 3" Cat-Back Exhaust S-Type
Flex Fuel Kit
ZL1 1LE Spec Rear Cradle Bushings

Necessary:

Dyno Tune (Also if anyone knows the average price for a Dyno tune please let me know )

Cosmetic:
Window Tint

I plan to track this car very rarely, I just want a beast that puts down on the street, but can also be a "daily." I am aiming for around 620-650rwhp.
dinkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 09:47 PM   #2
Nightfall1LEKM

Drives: Chevy ZL1 1LE. Ram 2500.
If you end up doing a throttle body just go ahead and get a larger 95 Zr1 throttle body. Not much gains w just the ported stock unit. And I know from my own build evolving as I go that no matter how many people tell you not to use the Big Gulp... “you won’t need nearly that much or take advantage of it” just go ahead get the big gulp. Down the road if you end up deciding you want a new more efficient blower that can use a big gulp you’ll thank yourself for not having to buy a new intake all over again.

Also, where you get your tune depends on where you live. Unless you want someone to remote tune your car from log files that you end up recording on the street and sending them off to the tuner. But from what it sounds having your car at a tuning shop would be better in your case.
Nightfall1LEKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:23 AM   #3
dinkz
'Stang Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall1LEKM View Post
If you end up doing a throttle body just go ahead and get a larger 95 Zr1 throttle body. Not much gains w just the ported stock unit. And I know from my own build evolving as I go that no matter how many people tell you not to use the Big Gulp... “you won’t need nearly that much or take advantage of it” just go ahead get the big gulp. Down the road if you end up deciding you want a new more efficient blower that can use a big gulp you’ll thank yourself for not having to buy a new intake all over again.

Also, where you get your tune depends on where you live. Unless you want someone to remote tune your car from log files that you end up recording on the street and sending them off to the tuner. But from what it sounds having your car at a tuning shop would be better in your case.

Appreciate the advice man I'm really looking forward to building this, on base we have a mechanics shop so if I ever get caught up and confused I can rely on them.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:47 AM   #4
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
My advice is to let a company that has done/offers mods to 6gen ZL1s to do the work on your car! I know you surely don’t want to muck up your new ride! It may cost more but in the long run worth the extra money spent. ��
Old 09-29-2019, 10:56 AM   #5
LT4Greg

Especially the tuning aspect of your mods planned!
Old 09-29-2019, 11:44 AM   #6
dinkz
'Stang Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Especially the tuning aspect of your mods planned!

Yeah, I know I'm capable of doing some of those mods like the intake, tb, and even the headers and exhaust, but I'm scared about the others lol. I really have no experience, but I want to get it somehow
Old 09-29-2019, 11:53 AM   #7
LT4Greg

Get ceramic window tint too! It makes a huge difference over the other types of tint out there. It really keeps the interior of mine cooler when parked at work all day especially in this heatwave we have had lately in Georgia!
Old 09-29-2019, 12:35 PM   #8
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkz View Post
I plan to track this car very rarely, I just want a beast that puts down on the street, but can also be a "daily." I am aiming for around 620-650rwhp.
Check out Ted Jannety's +125hp package... it should get you right where you want to be. https://jannettyracing.com/products/...015-camaro-zl1

Forum thread: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554309

I have no affiliation with them, but his educational videos make a lot of sense, he's an active forum contributor, and folks seem to like what JRE do. They also do remote tuning if you're not nearby, have your own HPTuners hardware and are not afraid to turn your own wrenches.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 08:44 PM   #9
dinkz
'Stang Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Check out Ted Jannety's +125hp package... it should get you right where you want to be. https://jannettyracing.com/products/...015-camaro-zl1

Forum thread: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554309

I have no affiliation with them, but his educational videos make a lot of sense, he's an active forum contributor, and folks seem to like what JRE do. They also do remote tuning if you're not nearby, have your own HPTuners hardware and are not afraid to turn your own wrenches.

This is awesome! I'll have to do some research, but seems exactly what I'm looking for and its only a 5 hour drive that I'm willing to do! Thanks for sharing this