Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-03-2016, 03:37 PM   #57
MovieGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
Thanks! I like them. They are exactly what I was looking for.
With all due respect to Glen, I am thinking the black would look good on mine too.

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 03:42 PM   #58
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I appreciate it , but absolutely No need "To respect my opin", we are all different...I just don't want my eye being directed to a splash guard when viewing the car......interestingly, I almost feel the same for the access gas Cap, but the engraving and gloss on the cap is nice. Not sure I'll keep it long term, but we'll see.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 03:52 PM   #59
ronk

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
There were a pair in the trunk that the dealer did not install in my Camaro, and I have not installed the pair yet, and probably never will.
ronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 03:58 PM   #60
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronk View Post
There were a pair in the trunk that the dealer did not install in my Camaro, and I have not installed the pair yet, and probably never will.
Those weren't the splash guards being talked about here.
Old 09-03-2016, 04:04 PM   #61
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I appreciate it , but absolutely No need "To respect my opin", we are all different...I just don't want my eye being directed to a splash guard when viewing the car......interestingly, I almost feel the same for the access gas Cap, but the engraving and gloss on the cap is nice. Not sure I'll keep it long term, but we'll see.
Funny thing is, how you feel about the splash guards is how I feel about black wheels. Every time I see one of our cars with black wheels my eyes go right for it. It's like the car has a black eye.
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 04:10 PM   #62
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
Funny thing is, how you feel about the splash guards is how I feel about black wheels. Every time I see one of our cars with black wheels my eyes go right for it. It's like the car has a black eye.
I concur, I actually went so far as the mount black wheels on the Camaro, and sold them because they just looked like black holes when rolling, on my car.
Old 09-04-2016, 07:40 AM   #63
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
I think the factory ones look good I'm going to order mine in white,since my camaro is white,I just think you want them to blend in and give it a more uniform look,but the black on white did not look too bad.
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 07:38 AM   #64
PENS87

Drives: 2017 NGM 2SS Vert
I think they look great, barely noticeable...but then again I have those "black hole" wheels.
Attached Images

PENS87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 09:32 PM   #65
Sub

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I'm digging up an old thread, but thought I'd offer some advice bullets on the install. I just put mine on yesterday (no pics, sorry. Its hard to photograph them on black, but I do like the look of them. Mine sit flush/tight).

-You do not need to take the wheels off to install them. For the front where you need the most room, crank the wheels to one side for more access for the riveter. For the rears, I used a right angle adapter for my drill, but you could get right angle star drive wrenches. This is the best $15 tool!! http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-Ri...RA50/203867866

-Alight the mounting plate for the fronts right against the outer edge of the fender. I was worried it would not snug the guards close enough (they do not naturally sit flush), but it all snugged up when tightening things.
-predrill holes in the carpet for the rivets - its too thick to easily push them through.
-Use a tiny hose removal tool to help pull the carpet forward while you install the rivet. I had to do this or the rivet wouldn't have snuck behind the carpet. (Mine is like this http://ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com...moval-tool.jpg )
-This may be obvious, but use alcohol on the car to prep it and dont peel off the VHB tape liner until the screws are in place (front and rear). Its near impossible to get them to seat all the way if the vhb tape is exposed.
-The rears are a bit easier than the fronts - just bolt on with no fender liner pull back needed. Note that the kit has smaller head screws for the rear which makes them seat better. I didn't realize this at first because they were stuck under the box flap and had a hard time getting the top ones to start on the threads!
-I heard they will need to be trimmed if you plan to use side skirts, but it is doable. I hope someone comes out with a side skirt kit that works with the splash guards.
-Install time should be about 1hr for a first timer taking their time.
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 09:46 PM   #66
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
was easier to have the dealer install them pre-delivery
Built Sept 16/2016 - #2681 of 5955. She came home with me 11/01/16. 50th Anni, 2SS, A8, NPP, NGM Rock Guards, Footwell Lighting, Black Bow Ties, Street Warrior Rotors and Pads, Ceramic Pro, 3M PPF, Oracle Ghosted Side Markers, Kooks 2" headers w/hi flow cats. GPI Stage 1 Cam installed at 305,000 kms.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 05:45 PM   #67
nfboy

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT HBM
I have them on my car installed by the dealer as LPO option. They are great IMHO. Discrete and do protect. Very happy I got them.
nfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 10:00 PM   #68
SkipNWis

Drives: 2016/SS Has had 4 Gen 5's
For me I'd go with the color matching Just my 2cents. I ordered the black rims with the red strip. They were out of stock Constraints so I took the stock OEM's. I then found the Foose's wheels and I'm really happy how they look. The center cover matches the Camaro emblem perfectly. I have been asked it's a foose edition..
[IMG][/IMG]

SnoWhite
SkipNWis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 01:05 PM   #69
BMKY

Drives: 18 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I am planning to install the splash guards. But hesitating on black or hot red. Anyone put black on Hot red?
BMKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 02:06 PM   #70
BMKY

Drives: 18 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Do they also work well for the 1LE?
BMKY is offline   Reply With Quote