Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-27-2019, 09:52 AM   #1
98ss1le

Drives: 98SS1LE, 02EBZ06
1SS Stereo Quality

I am new to the forum and looking at 1ss camaros. Is the base stereo a big drop off from the Bose unit? i just need volume and decent clarity. I don't need lots of bass.
98ss1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:20 AM   #2
Arugon

Drives: Summit White Camaro SS
Its honestly not bad at all, only thing missing is the low end bass which you can throw in a compact sub in the trunk later on at any point.

The 2SS options simply weren't worth the extra $6000 MSRP price tag for me. Im sure you're in the same boat. The only thing I actually wish I had from the 2SS are the leather seats.
Old 01-27-2019, 11:29 AM   #3
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
It's alright. Not that great at low volume...turn it up and it's pretty good.
I also just love listening to my car so I end up turning it down all the time anyway.

Drop by a dealer and check one out.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 12:52 PM   #4
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
It's alright. Not that great at low volume...turn it up and it's pretty good.
I also just love listening to my car so I end up turning it down all the time anyway.

Drop by a dealer and check one out.
This. I too prefer to listen to the engine as I work my way up and down the gears. The radio is on but low in the background. I turn it up for a favorite song now and again. It sounds fine but I no longer care that much to be an audiophile.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:19 PM   #5
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
ask the dealer if you can add leather. not a factory option but my dealer buys the factory seat leather and installs it. They will probably do aftermarket leather but doesnt fit as well as the factory leather. The bose system sucks too. its the car. The lack of insulation and sound deadening wont allow for a good system. I cant even get the Bose speakers to sound good with the engine off. lots of base but terrible clarity.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:30 AM   #6
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Asking anyone about a stereo system is going to yield mixed results. It's100% subjective. The BOSE in this car sound like $hit, and the basic stem is even worse. But that's my opinion. You'll likely get 10 different answers. Like our brothers earlier have stated, many could care less about the stereo when you have the PT1 or LT4 to listen to.

I agree with the previously statement, stop by a dealer, take a drive and listen, and see if you like it! The car.. you'll LOVE!!!!
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote