Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-25-2020, 04:35 PM   #1
Konnerfallos1

Drives: Camaro
ZL1 1LE sideskirts/ rockerpanels

Hi, I am looking for some help. I recently bought a set of zl1 1le side-skirts with the part number 23399024/25. I recently had damaged my previous zl1 side-skirts and needed a new pair. When I unboxed it, I found out that it is only the rocker panel and not the skirt, so I am wondering if anyone knows what part number the side-skirt is or what has changed?
Konnerfallos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 06:58 PM   #2
Tank22

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1 1LE
I don't have the part number but Anderson Composites sure makes a nice set of Carbon Fiber ones for the 1LE
Tank22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 07:01 PM   #3
Konnerfallos1

Yea, I saw them. The problem is they aren't factory so they fit different. I need the rocker panel and the side-skirt that is molded together, Im not looking to replace both individually, because I think the ones that are factory molded together to remove the flat panel under the door look cleaner than normal. Plus the zl1 comes with them standard so I am looking to find a direct replacement.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:56 PM   #4
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnerfallos1 View Post
Yea, I saw them. The problem is they aren't factory so they fit different. I need the rocker panel and the side-skirt that is molded together, Im not looking to replace both individually, because I think the ones that are factory molded together to remove the flat panel under the door look cleaner than normal. Plus the zl1 comes with them standard so I am looking to find a direct replacement.
Do you have pictures of it. I'm trying to figure out the difference between Rockers and side skirts and can't really tell much from this.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1366
Size:  76.4 KB

Also, did they come painted?

Mine is gloss and they are supposed to be matte like the blue ZLE

Name:  Capture1.jpg
Views: 1268
Size:  152.2 KB
Old 09-25-2020, 08:09 PM   #5
Konnerfallos1

The rocker panel is the part of the car, so in your case it would be the orange body panel towards the back of the car where there is a body line right in front of the rear wheels. The side-skirt is the black part, but in the case of zl1 1LE's or ZL1's in general the two pieces are molded together into 1 piece. The top part is painted usually and the bottom part(black) is usually wrapped. That rocker molding you posted was the exact one I bought, DO NOT BUY IT, it does not come with the side-skirt piece(the black ones in the photos), it only comes with a replacement rocker panel.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:20 PM   #6
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
The rocker panel is the part of the car, so in your case it would be the orange body panel towards the back of the car where there is a body line right in front of the rear wheels. The side-skirt is the black part, but in the case of zl1 1LE's or ZL1's in general the two pieces are molded together into 1 piece. The top part is painted usually and the bottom part(black) is usually wrapped. That rocker molding you posted was the exact one I bought, DO NOT BUY IT, it does not come with the side-skirt piece(the black ones in the photos), it only comes with a replacement rocker panel.
Thanks... I've always called the black piece rockers.

So you're looking for the part I have circled here.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1369
Size:  61.6 KB
Old 09-26-2020, 07:56 PM   #7
Konnerfallos1

Nah, its all one molded piece or at least it should be. The one you sent above vith the part number and the diagram thats off of the GM site is exactly the part I got, it is the exact same as pictured in the image. The problem is on their website that is the generic image so every single part number has that image displayed for a rocker panel even though half of them are different in reality. I am looking for that entire molded piece, the black thing at the bottom including the part you circled. It is all one piece just the bottom is wrapped and the top will be painted by a professional as the entire part comes in satin black.
Old 09-27-2020, 08:47 AM   #8
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
I'm thinking of adding these to my SS in order to protect the body color piece in front of the rear wheels. Are the ZLE parts different from the standard ZL1 parts? I realize the ZL1 parts require a few simple mods to fit an SS but there are several threads describing how to do this. If the ZLE parts are different, and provide more protecion, I'll go with then, as soon as y'all figure out the part #lol!
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 12:21 PM   #9
Konnerfallos1

No, the zl1 and zl1 1le part numbers are the same. I also believe that I found the right number, did a bit of digging and calling different distributors but I found them... I think. The issue is what you are talking about isn't really possible with GM parts, the whole piece is one mold, so you would have to replace your current body panel that goes from right in front of the rear wheel all the way to the front wheel, that entire rocker needs to be replaced with the GM ones if you go that route. You can always go aftermarket skirts though like the ones ACS composite offers, they are just the bottom skirt piece not the whole thing. But incase you are gonna replace the whole thing and go with a molded part from GM the numbers are 84701111 and 84701110.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:06 AM   #10
beemer105

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
mlee - I have the same thing with my car, gloss instead of matte. We can have it painted and fixed for free from the dealer. Still up in the air on mine because I believe it was only like 50 cars that have this mess up.

Konner - You should be able to send an email to gmpartsdirect or similar and ask for VIN verification on the part numbers you see in online catalog. Then when you order it protects you on returns too.
beemer105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:45 AM   #11
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
No, the zl1 and zl1 1le part numbers are the same. I also believe that I found the right number, did a bit of digging and calling different distributors but I found them... I think. The issue is what you are talking about isn't really possible with GM parts, the whole piece is one mold, so you would have to replace your current body panel that goes from right in front of the rear wheel all the way to the front wheel, that entire rocker needs to be replaced with the GM ones if you go that route. You can always go aftermarket skirts though like the ones ACS composite offers, they are just the bottom skirt piece not the whole thing. But incase you are gonna replace the whole thing and go with a molded part from GM the numbers are 84701111 and 84701110.
Thanks, Konnerfallows! I'm aware that the gm parts are one piece. The body color portion of mine looks like it's been sandblasted and since I need to do some paint work anyway, I thought that I may as well get the factory, one pice parts. I'll probably apply some ppf on the new parts as well.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:47 AM   #12
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer105 View Post
mlee - I have the same thing with my car, gloss instead of matte. We can have it painted and fixed for free from the dealer. Still up in the air on mine because I believe it was only like 50 cars that have this mess up.

Konner - You should be able to send an email to gmpartsdirect or similar and ask for VIN verification on the part numbers you see in online catalog. Then when you order it protects you on returns too.
Yes, I was the person who got with the GM person who wrote the bulletin.

Was disappointed they were sending us for paint so just left mine. It looks great either way and we are one offs now.

If I mess up the paint sometime maybe I'll get it done.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:56 AM   #13
Konnerfallos1

Beemer, I did in fact do that, the problem is the zl1s on GM parts direct have like 4 different rocker panel options some with just rocker panels other with both rocker and skirt and others with different versions such as 1 or 2, half of it I don't understand and they all "fit" according to GM, the styles are way different tho which Is why I wish they would put actual pictures of their website instead of preloaded models that all look exactly the same.
Old 09-28-2020, 12:15 PM   #14
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Also note that there is a difference between coupe and convertible rockers/side-skirts: they mount slight different. However, if the inner insert from your factory rockers/side-skirts are still OK, you can mount those to either version - it's the inner mounting insert that is different.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote