Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 09-28-2020, 09:16 AM   #15
Dragon08

Drives: 2020 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange ss View Post
I think a real carbon fiber center bar option for the 19/20 would be nice

CF Splitter, Bar, Hood Vent, and Side Skirts would make a really nice carbon package....
Dragon08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:22 AM   #16
Dragon08

That looks absolutely incredible against the Red Hot. Great choice, glad you went ahead and executed. Looks awesome.

Did you paint in place, or did you disassemble the fascia to paint the individual pieces separately, then reinstall. Looks super clean from here, so I am guessing you took it all apart.

Nice work.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:44 AM   #17
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon08 View Post
That looks absolutely incredible against the Red Hot. Great choice, glad you went ahead and executed. Looks awesome.

Did you paint in place, or did you disassemble the fascia to paint the individual pieces separately, then reinstall. Looks super clean from here, so I am guessing you took it all apart.

Nice work.
Yep, took it apart. What a pain!! But well worth it.
activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 08:08 PM   #18
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Looks great. I know you had a friend help, but roughly how much do you think this would cost?
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 12:31 PM   #19
Xaxas

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Holy... Such a simple thing and it looks killer

Previous: 2017 2LT aka "Noire"
Mods: Chevrolet Performance Suspension || K&N Cold Air Intake || Borla ATAK Mufflers + Catback system || MRR 650 ZL1 replicas with squared 285/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S || ZZP 4 piston brake kit + braided brake lines || BMR everything (Solid/Lockout cradle bushing are a MUST in Camaros)
Xaxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 02:02 PM   #20
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 376 View Post
Looks great. I know you had a friend help, but roughly how much do you think this would cost?
I know your asking the OP but I own a collision center and based on labor times and materials I would be charging $425. The only right way is to take the bumper off and apart. That's where the cost is. However using a black base coat and matte clearcoat there's an easy $125 in materials.
activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 05:02 PM   #21
Orange ss

Drives: 19 camaro19mustang72 chevelle 67pon
could just wrap it as well .Alot cheaper .. and easier to repair if you get stone chips .
Orange ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 05:59 PM   #22
Dragon08

Quote:
Originally Posted by activepat View Post
I know your asking the OP but I own a collision center and based on labor times and materials I would be charging $425. The only right way is to take the bumper off and apart. That's where the cost is. However using a black base coat and matte clearcoat there's an easy $125 in materials.

Right on. I paid $110 time and material for the paint work. It took me an afternoon to accomplish the part swap. Of course I included other odds and ends in the project. Cleaning wheels and calipers, stuff like that. $300 labor for the man hours required to do the job carefully and correctly seems plenty reasonable to me.

*I did the work alone, but got advice and direction from some folks smarter than me.

Activepat obviously knows whats he doing, as he owns a collision shop. I have had a fair bit of experience with fascias, and this one in particular, and we agreed that this project was a pain. Definitely doable, but not simple.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:17 PM   #23
Dragon08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange ss View Post
could just wrap it as well .Alot cheaper .. and easier to repair if you get stone chips .

I was thinking the same. I even bought the 3M material to wrap the parts. I was on the fence.
I figured if you paint the parts black, then wrap them, you will be able to get away with the stone chips not showing that much. However, your already committed to painting them at that point - just add satin clear to finish it. But if you wanted to just wrap over the body color bar, then they would show through when the inevitable happens. Nice thing about wrapping over the current part is that its reversible.

Now this is all assuming a disassembly of the fascia to wrap the parts and reinstall. I do not have the skill set to wrap them in place and make it look as clean as the result that Activepat and I achieved. Im sure that could be done by skilled hands, but not this guy.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:04 PM   #24
Orange ss

Drives: 19 camaro19mustang72 chevelle 67pon
Haha ..yeah I hear you ..its takes a bit of patience and practice to work with vinyl ..can do amazing things with the knifless tape
Orange ss is offline   Reply With Quote