Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

AWE Tuning

Old 04-27-2020, 11:09 AM   #15
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
With 2.5* of camber in the front has just about removed the poke, and 2* in the back leaves a little. Also zeroed out the toe on all 4 corners.

I really need to start taking these photos in landscape
Attached Images

Youtube Channel

foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 09:01 AM   #16
Deesiel678

Drives: 2018 1LS 1LE
How did you get to your camber setting?

I have a set of Vorshlag plates pending install. I intend to max the camber on the plate then adjust backwards at the knuckle to get to -2.7-ish. Doing it this way would maximize wheel-to-strut clearance. Did you do yours this way? If so, how much more wheel to strut clearance did it add?
Old 05-11-2020, 09:53 AM   #17
foshjowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesiel678 View Post
How did you get to your camber setting?

I have a set of Vorshlag plates pending install. I intend to max the camber on the plate then adjust backwards at the knuckle to get to -2.7-ish. Doing it this way would maximize wheel-to-strut clearance. Did you do yours this way? If so, how much more wheel to strut clearance did it add?
The camber plates are set to the second to last notch and the rest is done on the knuckle. That's the way the shop did it, there may be a reason that you don't want the plates shoved all the way, I'm not sure. There doesn't seem to really be any more clearance than before, but I'm also not sure what the camber was set to before installing the plates. I can just squeeze the tip of my pinky finger between the tire and strut.

Youtube Channel

Old 06-27-2020, 01:17 PM   #18
foshjowler

Bought HP Tuners and a tune from ZZP. Still doing some revisions, but things seem to be going well so far. Butt dyno says good things. There aren't any other power mods done, so there's certainly a lot to go, but I wanted to see what just a tune would do. Next up will likely be flex-fuel sensor and intake tube for whooshy noises.

Youtube Channel

Old 07-14-2020, 10:55 AM   #19
foshjowler

Knocked the rust off this past weekend at the first autox since early March. Had a chance to try out the tune and camber plates/alignment. At some point throughout the day I bumped the mode selector into ice/snow mode which definitely made the throttle response lazier, not sure if it pulls power at full throttle though.

I set tire pressures all the way down to 24F and 20R, they weren't rolling over much, but I'll probably still push them back up a few psi just to save tires at these local/just for fun events. Overall the alignment felt good, the back end was a little more active than desired, as can be seen with the lower rear pressures, so next alignment I will probably have them add a little toe in.

Youtube Channel

Old 12-04-2020, 08:22 AM   #20
foshjowler

Busy week this week.

Oil changed, ZZP downpipe installed, and tranny and diff fluid will be changed this weekend.

Downpipe and tune update made a huge difference. A little more noise from the engine and exhaust, and maybe some baby crackles. It's still pretty quiet which is good. Can smell the cat still "cooking" in, so we'll see if anything changes. Performance wise, it's a very impressive improvement. In one OK attempt, I've already trimmed a couple of tenths off the 0-60 at 5.2 seconds. Wouldn't be surprised to trim another tenth or two with a better launch.
Attached Images

Youtube Channel

Old 12-04-2020, 11:09 AM   #21
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
did you get the zzp downpipe on the black friday sale? lol
Old 12-04-2020, 05:42 PM   #22
WAM

Drives: Pending
Your earlier posts said you were getting significant throttle lag and was hoping to reduce it with future mods. Seems like you've done those mods -- any conclusions?

All else being equal how do you now rank the 2.0T vs the V8s for CAM-C competitiveness? In general, not necessarily your local competition.
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 06:08 PM   #23
foshjowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM View Post
Your earlier posts said you were getting significant throttle lag and was hoping to reduce it with future mods. Seems like you've done those mods -- any conclusions?

All else being equal how do you now rank the 2.0T vs the V8s for CAM-C competitiveness? In general, not necessarily your local competition.
It's definitely better than it was, but it's also not going away any time soon.

For autox, they're pretty even, the street class PAX is very close. On faster courses I've struggled against the V8s, but that's not terribly unexpected. I figured the $10k+ savings meant I would spend that on mods to make it that much better, but I've taken other priorities through COVID since autox hasn't been that active.

Youtube Channel

Old 12-07-2020, 08:50 AM   #24
foshjowler

Put a data log from this weekend into Vdyno. I'm pretty happy with these numbers. A flex-fuel sensor should put me over the 300 whp mark, which will likely be where I'll leave it alone.
Attached Images

Youtube Channel

Old 12-12-2020, 04:46 PM   #25
foshjowler

Just got back from hanging out with my dad at a local 1/8 mile. Car ran really well. Trimmed 8 tenths and picked up 5 mph from stock. Also got my 5.0 0-60 time. Some flex-fuel and that should be down into the 4s
Attached Images

Youtube Channel