Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-28-2020, 09:49 PM   #71
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
Ended up buying my Z from a dealer 500 miles away. I took detailed photos of my trade so we could arrive at a price I liked. I Told the dealer there was no point in me misrepresenting the trade because it would only hurt me once I arrived. We ironed out the price of the car, their DOC fees, and the trade 4-5 days before making the drive.

Spending a couple of hundred dollars on gas, food, and a hotel room is quickly forgotten on the drive back home.

Very unfortunate they will not deal much now. I was afraid this would happen as inventory and buyers dried up. Dealership needs to make more money on every unit they sell to keep the doors open and employees paid.
this is a great point. not many people are looking to spend that kind of dough these days so they need to squeeze as much profit from each sale as they can.

sorry you're having problems buying even with the money burning a hole in your pocket.

DO NOT settle for anything other than a ZL1 1LE if that's what you want. You'll kick yourself later, especially if you come across another one in the streets.

I love mine and i'm glad I got it, they look like a pissed off transformer and drive like one.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:48 PM   #72
900RFWN

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 1LE
For those folks that are looking and anxious always pay attention to the promotion dates. April the 1st is right around the corner. Things should get better for you, patience is key.
900RFWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:47 AM   #73
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
I certainly won’t tell someone how to spend their money, and sitting tight and being patient is smart. I wish I could be that patient. To me, $11K off a $76K car ain’t bad.
I would have a hard time passing that up and not being able to drive it for however long.
Assuming it’s the car I want.
Good luck.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:09 AM   #74
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by 900RFWN View Post
For those folks that are looking and anxious always pay attention to the promotion dates. April the 1st is right around the corner. Things should get better for you, patience is key.
Yeah I agree. Dealers aren’t in a position to have to sell them at rock bottom prices yet. Pickings are getting slim and that green is a neat, different color but I would still hold off.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:18 PM   #75
Nev3rL8

Drives: GTO
Just joined, and in the market for 2019+ ZL1 LE. Quite few dealers I spoke to are not willing to negotiate over their posted price. However, I see tons of them on the market, and quite few M6.
Nev3rL8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:40 AM   #76
photorph

Drives: 19 zl1 le hopefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev3rL8 View Post
Just joined, and in the market for 2019+ ZL1 LE. Quite few dealers I spoke to are not willing to negotiate over their posted price. However, I see tons of them on the market, and quite few M6.
Yep, dealers still not willing to go down. At this point there incentives must not be good. What’s the best you have gotten and at which dealer?
photorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:03 AM   #77
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by photorph View Post
Yep, dealers still not willing to go down. At this point there incentives must not be good. What’s the best you have gotten and at which dealer?
$3k under MSRP from Schumacher in North Palm Beach at the peak of national availability first week of July 2017 ... which was seven cars at the time out of the grand total ~33 G7C A10 convertibles made in MY 2017.

On the day I bought my car, 2 were available in FL, 1 in GA, 1 in TX, 1 in NY, 1 in WA, and 1 in NV. Not the greatest negotiating position for a buyer. I got one of the FL cars which happened to be the closest one to me. The other dealer in Jax wouldn't budge off his MSRP+3k price. GA would match but was being a PITA about accepting a wire (?!) for the money and bailed on me at the last minute.

Airfare, tracwrap, gas, hotels, etc all cost time and money and I wasn't going to take time off work to travel across the country and take the (albeit small) risk on an interstate transaction I didn't have to. I used a couple tricks that I'd learned from 30 years of business experience in manufacturing, purchasing and supply chain management. And as luck would have it, Schumacher were willing to sell at my price so I didn't have to go far.

Gunkk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:15 AM   #78
Snakebt6

Drives: Rally Green 2020 ZL1 1LE A10
FWIW my old car (2018 A10) is at Nimnicht Chevrolet in Jacksonville now if anyone wants it.

Super clean well kept and maintained. 13,500 miles on it.

Its got new front brakes and 4 new tires I put on it in the last month before I decided to trade it.

Its white with the black roof stripe. I dont think they have pic up yet and it shows just a generic Camaro.
Snakebt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:58 AM   #79
cooldawg

Drives: RAM
Really, really tough market. I’ve stepped up my efforts given plant closure and Rally Green going away in 21’. Best I’ve been able to snag is 7-7.5% discount from MSRP....

I’m searching out to 900 miles! Half the cars have the plaque. Good/ bad scenario at play- the car that most closely matches what I would order is owned by the closest dealer- 2.5hrs away. They are playing games. They had a brand new 19’ ZLE on their lot Saturday getting hailed on :((

I’m considering calling them and throwing down @10% discount given last day of month... but very curious what route GM chooses on incentives tomorrow... if RG was open for 21’, I’d just cool my jets and order my darned car!

Why does GM keep discontinuing the colors I like the most, lol.

Last edited by cooldawg; 03-31-2020 at 08:20 AM.
cooldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:13 AM   #80
cooldawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev3rL8 View Post
I’ve found dealers motivated to move ZL1’s, but the ZLE’s are an altogether different story. One salesperson is going to call immediately after the conference call with GM tomorrow. He doesn’t think they will do anything to juice sales for ZLE in April- “but given present circumstances, you never know”.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:27 AM   #81
Snakebt6

Drives: Rally Green 2020 ZL1 1LE A10
I posted in another thread but this is the deal I recently got on a 20.

Rally Green A10 with the builder plaque..(that doesn't add any costs and its a novelty in my opinion but better with it then without it I suppose.)

---

Some of you guys asked for some info.

My trade was an 18 ZL1 with and A10 and PDR. New tires and front brakes with 13k mileage. It was super super clean.

It was rear ended and had 3k worth of damage last year. There's a car fax on it.

I got 45k on the trade. (had some equity in it as well as I paid more then the payment due but its really just my money still.)

The new car was stickerd at 75,320 and with the dealer tint and clear protection on the door edges inside the door handles and on the front of the quarter panels it came to 76k and change.

I paid 68,450 for the car.

I got and extended warranty for 2 more years for a 5/50 bumper to bumper for 1200 and paid 360 for the tire and wheel insurance.

I put a few bucks down and im at the same payment as the other car.

I think the dealer and I both got what we wanted.
Snakebt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:54 AM   #82
Snowwolfe

Drives: CTV5 V Blackwing on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldawg View Post
I’ve found dealers motivated to move ZL1’s, but the ZLE’s are an altogether different story. One salesperson is going to call immediately after the conference call with GM tomorrow. He doesn’t think they will do anything to juice sales for ZLE in April- “but given present circumstances, you never know”.
That is the opposite of my experience the first week of March. Not absolutely sure of the numbers but one dealer offered me roughly $13,000 off a new E. My local dealer told me he could get me an E from another dealer and they were about $10,000 off MSRP. I declined both as I wanted a ZL1.

My final price on the 2020 ZL1 was roughly 6% off MSRP. However I got top dollar for my trade and dealer only charged $135-150 doc fee. No other fees except for the sales tax and registration I paid after driving it home. The dealer never tried to jerk me around or misguide me and did what they said they would.

Each deal is VERY different. I seen guys brag about the price they paid only to find out they paid outrageous DOC fees or got hosed on their trade in. I am almost 67 and know how to play the game when it comes to buying a vehicle. When you see someone post the results of a deal that seems to good to be true it most likely didn't happen.
Snowwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:53 AM   #83
cooldawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
That is the opposite of my experience the first week of March. Not absolutely sure of the numbers but one dealer offered me roughly $13,000 off a new E. My local dealer told me he could get me an E from another dealer and they were about $10,000 off MSRP. I declined both as I wanted a ZL1.

My final price on the 2020 ZL1 was roughly 6% off MSRP. However I got top dollar for my trade and dealer only charged $135-150 doc fee. No other fees except for the sales tax and registration I paid after driving it home. The dealer never tried to jerk me around or misguide me and did what they said they would.

Each deal is VERY different. I seen guys brag about the price they paid only to find out they paid outrageous DOC fees or got hosed on their trade in. I am almost 67 and know how to play the game when it comes to buying a vehicle. When you see someone post the results of a deal that seems to good to be true it most likely didn't happen.
That’s interesting. I agree, every deal is different. I like to buy new with cash and keep my cars and drive them until they’re worth practically nothing. Ten percent off is always my goal. I generally do better, but then we’re not talking 1/2 ton trucks here, lol.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:02 AM   #84
Snowwolfe

Drives: CTV5 V Blackwing on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldawg View Post
That’s interesting. I agree, every deal is different. I like to buy new with cash and keep my cars and drive them until they’re worth practically nothing. Ten percent off is always my goal. I generally do better, but then we’re not talking 1/2 ton trucks here, lol.
You can usually get a better deal if you finance. Then pay it off as soon as you can. Just insist on no prepayment penalty's in the loan contract.
Dealers make money off the financing. Last thing a dealer wants is a cash sale.
Snowwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote