AWE Tuning

Old 12-15-2018, 09:59 AM   #15
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by c6vette View Post
I disagree...I know there are plenty of people who own or have owned both cars.

And sadly, neither a Performante or 720s are even close to being in the budget right now...forget about the $3mil Laferrari...
I doubly you'll find anyone here who can answer your question.

I imagine that its going to be a fairl small percentage of Lambo owners who have also owned Camaros, that means that only a handful that have owned both since there are so few Lamborghini owners to begin with. And then they'd need to be a regular forum user and be willing to disclose that they've owned both and not be outright lying about the whole thing.

Its a small percent of a small percent of a small percent of a small percent of a small number. Odds are such a person does not exist on this website.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:00 AM   #16
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Get a Miata.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:58 AM   #17
777Jackpot777

Drives: 2018 ZL1, 2018 Tahoe RST Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
You just went from $175,000-$200,000 for a 580-2 to $280,000-$320,000 for a Performante.

Now you went from $280,000-$320,000 to $310,000-$400,000.
It’s all relative if you can afford at $200k car, you can also afford at $400k car. If not you shouldn’t be buying a $200k car in the first place.

777Jackpot777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:02 AM   #18
777Jackpot777

There’s a million Mclaren 720s for sale for under 270k...

Old 12-15-2018, 05:01 PM   #19
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
I think if you added 200hp and some Anderson Composite parts you would forget all about it.

As long as they don't have silly maintenance schedules that cost 16k plus like some exotics I can't see it being any different.

Maybe call a speed shop like serious performance in Houston, get on a lambo forum like lambo of Houston, or stop by a dealership.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 06:03 PM   #20
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
If you’re a member of the corvette forum, there are a number of members who own or have owned Lambos, Ferraris, and Mclarens. The demographics on that site are quite a bit different, so you’d get some honest answers. However, there’s no way I’d join just to ask about a Lamborghini comparison.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 06:59 PM   #21
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777Jackpot777 View Post
It’s all relative if you can afford at $200k car, you can also afford at $400k car. If not you shouldn’t be buying a $200k car in the first place.

Smh.

Not even close to being true cus you have guys like me who max out their budget at around $200k for a car, but in no way would ever be able to buy a $400k car. Being able to buy one at $200k is of no relevancy to able to buy a $400k car. And being that I can afford a $200k car, doesn't mean that since I can't afford a $400k car, does it imply I should't be able to buy a $200k car. Dude, get with it or get lost.

I'd have to make around $2.5 m a year to move up to the $400k area of car buying.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:46 PM   #22
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Smh.

Not even close to being true cus you have guys like me who max out their budget at around $200k for a car, but in no way would ever be able to buy a $400k car. Being able to buy one at $200k is of no relevancy to able to buy a $400k car. And being that I can afford a $200k car, doesn't mean that since I can't afford a $400k car, does it imply I should't be able to buy a $200k car. Dude, get with it or get lost.

I'd have to make around $2.5 m a year to move up to the $400k area of car buying.
^^^
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 08:14 PM   #23
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Not really. And don't use the "if you can't afford this then you shouldn't have that" mentality. That's usually what people use if a) they couldn't afford it themselves and are trying to shut other people off from having it or b) trying to throw shade on people who max their budget for it. My money is mine, yours is yours, OP's is OP's. How you might allocate funds may be entirely different from mine. I know a guy that has a $500,000 house, but a GTR, new NSX, R8 V10+, and 720s in the garage. I also know people who live in $10,000,000 houses in Grosse Pointe and drive a leased Lexus and are perfectly happy.

Quote:
There’s a million Mclaren 720s for sale for under 270k...
Please post links. I'm looking at 458s but if there's a 720S for $270k that aren't high mileage or tracked turds, I'd literally buy one next summer.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 09:14 PM   #24
777Jackpot777

Having a budget is how 95% America works nothing wrong with that.

Most older people are stuck in their ways and mindset and think that’s right, because that’s how they were raised. Being that I’m 26 I don’t know much. I do know how to operate multiple businesses and how to manage finances. Make enough of it where you don’t need a budget.

I’m also a used car dealer and find Mclaren 720s all day for around 250-270k and they are beautiful. I would post a link but you probably couldn’t view it, as it’s for dealers only. They are out there, and your dealer friends can get them for you. Don’t overpay for stuff.

Sorry I don’t much more time to spend trolling the forums. FYI I have a Ferrari California, Dodge Viper ACR, Porsche 911 TT, New 911 GT2 and more.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:29 PM   #25
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:

Most older people are stuck in their ways and mindset and think that’s right, because that’s how they were raised. Being that I’m 26 I don’t know much. I do know how to operate multiple businesses and how to manage finances. Make enough of it where you don’t need a budget.

I’m also a used car dealer and find Mclaren 720s all day for around 250-270k and they are beautiful. I would post a link but you probably couldn’t view it, as it’s for dealers only. They are out there, and your dealer friends can get them for you. Don’t overpay for stuff.

Sorry I don’t much more time to spend trolling the forums. FYI I have a Ferrari California, Dodge Viper ACR, Porsche 911 TT, New 911 GT2 and more.
Interesting because I also own and run many businesses including several new and used car dealerships. I'm sure I can view whichever links you're referring to with my logins. If not, screenshots are a thing in 2018. Furthermore, I have two friends that operate big exotic dealerships and they've said only a handful of undesirable 720s have sold below $300k.

May need some sort of proof of all of those cars being yours. I'm not doubting, I just know how hard it is to procure a GT2 RS. I recall when you first started posting on the Forum, saying you were 27 (now it's 26). Buying Chevy's when you have such a fleet of other cars? Seems odd. MBRP exhaust, TSP "budget" headers for such a baller? I don't know, this doesn't seem like it chief.

I'm not hating, I'm just calling what I see. We can do this in PMs if you don't want to explain in public.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 09:29 PM   #26
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:

I'm by no means hating on you and in fact applaud you on your success however you are by far not the norm regardless of age. Hell I get flack from time to time with my current garage. Point being it kinda stands out on a camaro forum (every day average Joe car) to be asking about a triple digit exotic. I was out 2 weeks ago with a very well known Nfl player whom I'm close with and a few of his friends in his exotic (I was in my V3) and we were talking about this very topic in fact (ppl who buy those kind of cars and how small the market is). We took pics I could post up of us and our beautiful rides together but I am going to respect him and not post it.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 01:08 PM   #27
Aliveguy5

Drives: 2017 Red Hot ZL1
Over my time on this forum I've really grown to like how you call out some people's B.S. This post is no exception!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Smh.

Aliveguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 04:46 PM   #28
breakskeet
Kevin

Drives: 2018 Callaway Camaro ZL1 1LE
I just go rid of a Huracan 610-4 after 3 years and 11k miles and just purchased a Performante Spyder. Haven't really driven that car yet as it is being paint corrected and wrapped at this point.

What I can tell you that it is an incredible car. Very docile around town and a monster in Corsa mode. The DCT is so smooth and the shifts are lightning quick. The power and sound of the NA V10 is quite intoxicating.

Obviously the ZL1 and Huracan are two different cars. Be prepared to cause a scene no matter where you go to the point of it being uncomfortable at times. Everyone wants to take pictures and videos and be prepared to handle questions about how much it costs and what you do for a living, can I sit in it, etc. Many people have mentioned the 720S. Definitely a faster car but the Lambo will have more curb appeal because more people know the brand. Your resale will probably be better with the Huracan.

Believe it or not, I feel that my Callaway ZL1 1LE is the most "fun" car that I have to drive. I also have a Callaway Z06/Z07 convertible and still enjoy the 1LE more.

However, if I had to pick just one car it would be the Huracan every day and twice on Sunday!

Good luck with your decision!
breakskeet is offline   Reply With Quote