Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-26-2018, 03:24 PM   #1
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
JacFab recirculation valve, what's the hold up?

As some of you may know, we've sold a small handful of the new JacFab Boost-o-lator high performance recirculation valve, and the lack of available stock is frustrating those that are wanting to buy, which is totally understandable, and for that, we apologize.

So what's the hold up? Well, we've been working on the project for almost a year, testing various prototypes again and again, and essentially we have a finished product at this point, however we were/are struggling to make parts. Some parts are made in a CNC mill, and some we have been making by hand on a manual lathe. Hence the issue, making these parts with a super tight tolerance on a manual lathe is super slow. We went ahead and purchased a CNC lathe that will be dedicated to making the lathe parts, it has been received, and we have spent the past few weeks getting it up and running. We finally got it up and running, and have most of the tools setup, but we still need to do some fine tuning to get it running at 100%, as well as actually program the lathe to make our parts.

I've been telling people that ask when they will be available "a couple weeks" for quite some time, but getting the new lathe up and running has been more cumbersome that we had initially hoped it would be, and to be honest, I have no clue how to run a CNC lathe so I'm learning as I go. Luckily Jesse@JacFab is a lathe master, so he's been basically single handedly getting the lathe going by himself while I just stare at it and ask stupid questions.

While I'd like to say, "a couple more weeks", I can't guarantee that as I'm kind of out of the loop with the lathe. I think a "few weeks" is feasible, and we can have more units ready to start shipping potentially around the middle to end of November, but I'm REALLY REALLY hoping that we can get the lathe dialed, and in reality, have some units ready to go early to mid November, rather than later in the month.

I am currently trying to set up some dyno testing for mid November, so hopefully if all that goes well, we will have some before/after dyno charts available.

So that's where we are at, at the moment. I appreciate all the interest, and your patience as I know a lot of people have anxiously been waiting for this to release for a long time, and we are finally about to cross the finish line.

In the meantime, please enjoy this short, hopefully entertaining teaser trailer...

Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:25 PM   #2
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Can't wait.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 09:26 AM   #3
geoffchad

Drives: 2013 ATS M6, 95 Z28 Conv M6 turbo
For a part that's well engineered, thought out and tested, the wait is worth it.

If it misses "Oh honey I got it.... on sale! Yeah! For black friday!" it gets to the Xmas list. If it goes past that, you just return sweaters and socks and use the cash back for car parts.

Past that and it's tax refund season!
geoffchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:00 AM   #4
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Thank you for being totally transparent. Although I am also impatiently awaiting this part, it is settling knowing what is happening and getting a reasonable time frame.

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 01:58 PM   #5
RobertAvitia
BYND GARAGE

Drives: 17' 1LT Turbo
cant wait!
RobertAvitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 01:00 PM   #6
Jason@JacFab

Guys we have some "tune version" valves available and ready to start shipping! Shipped out quite a few this week, will have more going out next week, and we have materials already on the way for the next batch.

These are currently available on a discounted introductory pricing! If you're interested in picking one up, you can visit the webpage here:

JacFab High Performance Recirculation valve

So far everyone that's bolted one on loves it!

We had dyno time scheduled for tomorrow, but that has been canceled due to the weather (Mobile dyno, has to be done outside, and can't do it in the rain), however I've just learned of a new shop that's recently gotten a new dyno indoors, locally and I will be contacting them next week and scheduling some dyno time ASAP!

Thanks everyone for all your patience while we've gotten this project off the ground.
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2018, 06:41 AM   #7
Jason@JacFab

We ran out of valves last Friday, but have more ready to go as of this morning.

Thanks to everyone that’s purchased so far!

To make everyone aware that’s actually reading, we have added a security screw through the piston so the unit can’t be taken apart or tampered with, the pictures you see floating around on the internet do not reflect this, so just note, if you order one, and it doesn’t look quite like the pictures you see, it’s normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2018, 11:51 AM   #8
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Glad you can admit it before things for backwards! Looking forward to buy one before my retune
Old 12-23-2018, 05:16 PM   #9
irobles3680

Drives: 2017 2.0 Camaro LT
Getting mine Monday, will post results as soon as I get time to install.
irobles3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 08:08 PM   #10
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
I'll be on the dyno within the next 2 weeks, I'll post dyno sheets
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 07:51 PM   #11
irobles3680

Installed the Jacfab boost o lator, easy install, just be careful when removing the stock piston and other parts from the bypass valve, I broke a piece off mine lol but it’s ok, didn’t need it for the jacfab. Definitely noticing the turbo spool faster, but something I’m not too sure about is it sounds like my turbo fluttering making a noise I never heard it do before(sounds cool though)) I watched videos on YouTube and looks like it’s normal based on those videos. Is the fluttering normal?

Last edited by irobles3680; 12-25-2018 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-25-2018, 09:43 PM   #12
BlueBomber2.0

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by irobles3680 View Post
Installed the Jacfab boost o lator, easy install, just be careful when removing the stock piston and other parts from the bypass valve, I broke a piece off mine lol but it’s ok, didn’t need it for the jacfab. Definitely noticing the turbo spool faster, but something I’m not too sure about is it sounds like my turbo fluttering making a noise I never heard it do before(sounds cool though)) I watched videos on YouTube and looks like it’s normal based on those videos. Is the fluttering normal?

Yes its normal.
BlueBomber2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 09:44 PM   #13
irobles3680

Cool thanks!
Old 12-26-2018, 11:45 AM   #14
irobles3680

Update: driving to work not under heavy acceleration I get cel for P0299 along with reduced engine power on dash(definitely felt lack of boost). Checked all wires were connected and bolts and they were good, will reinstall recirculation valve to see if it clears code.

Last edited by irobles3680; 12-26-2018 at 03:21 PM.