Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-15-2018, 09:03 AM   #29
2.0t_godfather

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2.0t
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Don't forget the 17" Slicks and skinnies. The E85 Tune and all that's involved with it.

There is no additional cost for the ethanol tune. Car is setup to run on it only. Remember the sensors don't work. Anything in the 10s in probably on slicks, SS or otherwise. Not that it can't be done on street tires, but its definitely not easy, and would take a shit ton more power for the big end of the track. Anything else you'd like to be wrong about today?
2.0t_godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:10 AM   #30
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Are you running the stock throttle body or the larger 67mm?
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:21 AM   #31
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.0t_godfather View Post
There is no additional cost for the ethanol tune. Car is setup to run on it only. Remember the sensors don't work. Anything in the 10s in probably on slicks, SS or otherwise. Not that it can't be done on street tires, but its definitely not easy, and would take a shit ton more power for the big end of the track. Anything else you'd like to be wrong about today?
more like you wanna accurately document everything you did then actually include everything you did. 17s and Slicks and skinnies aren't cheap for those 30 yr. Olds still playing video games in your moms basement.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:22 AM   #32
dpelow07

Drives: ats
i feel like you're forgetting some stuff. Rear diff swap is one of them. Also all the labor and install fees are going to add up when you're pulling a motor and having them build it. Im not hating on it at all i like that someone is pushing the platform. So keep trying parts and breaking records
dpelow07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:05 AM   #33
2.0t_godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Are you running the stock throttle body or the larger 67mm?

Pretty sure its the stock unit
Old 09-15-2018, 11:10 AM   #34
2.0t_godfather

Quote:
more like you wanna accurately document everything you did then actually include everything you did. 17s and Slicks and skinnies aren't cheap for those 30 yr. Olds still playing video games in your moms basement.

Are you that inept? OK then. Car also had 1/4 tank of fuel. Tire pressures around 20-22, lug nuts torqued to 120. You do a burnout for about 15 seconds and then let out so that you don't wipe the sticky rubber off the tires. You get e47 by mixing 4 gallons e85 to 5 gallons 93. Have you considered that maybe all this stuff is above your head? I mean holy shit.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:18 AM   #35
2.0t_godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpelow07 View Post
i feel like you're forgetting some stuff. Rear diff swap is one of them. Also all the labor and install fees are going to add up when you're pulling a motor and having them build it. Im not hating on it at all i like that someone is pushing the platform. So keep trying parts and breaking records

Ive said parts a million times. A stick car will already have the rear diff and wont need the swap. Are there really that few guys working on their own stuff? Its kinda blowing my mind. I built my first engine at 15 (sbc 350) and did my first trans rebuild at 17 (th350) with no help and no internet to guide me. Just a motors manual. Maybe guys need to spend less time keyboard warrioring and more time in the garage figuring shit out. I mean geez, buy a $1000 beater so your stuff can be down a few weeks and work thru it. The first major build will save you the labor for the car. Now you have a plan B. Plus the joy of driving something you dont give a shit about.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:48 PM   #36
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Ive said parts a million times. A stick car will already have the rear diff and wont need the swap. Are there really that few guys working on their own stuff? Its kinda blowing my mind. I built my first engine at 15 (sbc 350) and did my first trans rebuild at 17 (th350) with no help and no internet to guide me. Just a motors manual. Maybe guys need to spend less time keyboard warrioring and more time in the garage figuring shit out. I mean geez, buy a $1000 beater so your stuff can be down a few weeks and work thru it. The first major build will save you the labor for the car. Now you have a plan B. Plus the joy of driving something you dont give a shit about.
Not everyone has a garage einstein

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 09-15-2018, 10:41 PM   #37
2.0t_godfather

Quote:
Not everyone has a garage einstein
Who said you need a garage? Its called working with what you have. My first motor swap was outside and I used the neighbors tractor to pull it out. You haven't lived until you've pulled a big block chevy in the middle of winter at night outside in the snow. That's how you learn appreciation when you get nice things like a garage, heat and a hoist.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:57 AM   #38
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Who said you need a garage? Its called working with what you have. My first motor swap was outside and I used the neighbors tractor to pull it out. You haven't lived until you've pulled a big block chevy in the middle of winter at night outside in the snow. That's how you learn appreciation when you get nice things like a garage, heat and a hoist.

You really do love yourself a lot. You wanna shut people up actually drive your car for those records because unless your a 300lb. Behemoth there's no way you can't get to Steve and Matt's runs otherwise you'll be known as the guy who has a fast car but never drives it. It's like letting another guy drive your girlfriend for you. I don't make excuses i know my car isn't the fastest and i know I'm no decent drag racer but i do drive my own car for it's times.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:50 AM   #39
2.0t_godfather

Quote:
You really do love yourself a lot. You wanna shut people up actually drive your car for those records because unless your a 300lb. Behemoth there's no way you can't get to Steve and Matt's runs otherwise you'll be known as the guy who has a fast car but never drives it. It's like letting another guy drive your girlfriend for you. I don't make excuses i know my car isn't the fastest and i know I'm no decent drag racer but i do drive my own car for it's times.

No I'll be remembered as the guy that pushed the limits of what this platform can do and be the first to meaningfully do it. I don't know about the whole loving myself gig, but I do know that if you put your mind to it, you can overcome adversity and move forward. It's just a matter of how bad you want something. I am simply proof that it can be done. Instead of making excuses, make some progress. It's amusing how butt hurt you are over this driving thing. Like that's really a burn to me or something. Ever heard of a crew chief? What are you going to do when I set the next record? What big "complaint" will you have then? The wind was blowing in the wrong direction? Wrong time of day? Maybe you could do this community a favor and leave the forum, since I have yet to see you offer it anything positive other than complaining and speculation. Sit down JR, the adults are talking.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:15 AM   #40
Want1

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Thumbs up

DAY-YUM!!
Awesome job on the 4 banger!!
Want1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 02:26 PM   #41
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

You mean when Steve or Matt set the next record. Don't kid yourself your not winning anyone over anymore then i am and i never bashed your ability to push the platforms limits just your conceited bullshit for taking credit for records driven by other people. Go back to drinking your wine coolers sr. You've not contributed jack to the forums that we didn't already know. If anything we should thank you because you exposed yourself and hopefully like the warnings i put out on RPM despite some backlash by those who had their parts and tunes and then later had issues hopefully people pay attention and give you credit where it's due but know the truth as well.

Old 09-16-2018, 03:18 PM   #42
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:
I kinda figured you knew better than to dig yourself a hole looking misinformed trying to launch parts on the platform, but hey its cool.
Well I tried to leave the "old" me in the past, I really did...But...Your way out of line with that statement, and quite frankly, lost a lot of respect from me. Ive worked in the car industry my entire life, and the one thing I hate more than anything (besides guys who think they know it all) is having to modify expensive new parts to work, (AKA Z54, ZL1 pump) or sourcing missing items.(Possible balance shafts, head studs, ect..)
Your simply out of touch with the base majority LTG crowd to say the least....
"Mis-informed" would buying a 1200$ Z54 knowing it has to be modified to work. Not to mention having the resources or ability to do so without extra costs...If it only requires a "small amount of modification" as you claim, why the hell has it not come to market after all this time??
These guys are smart enough (regardless of what YOU think) to just go turbobay or re-wheel before modifying an expensive new Z54.

Quote:
THE CAR HAS A STOCK HPFP. I REPEAT STOCK.
This is where you could have learned a lesson from the "mis-informed", and developed a part the community actually needs and can install with little effort. The average guy here wants parts that bolt on and work. (kinda like a HPFP) They don't have lifts or air tools, or information resource's for torque spec or clearances or tq to yield discard bolts or continual data logging ability, or the ability to understand that data if they did ect...They are using their dads old hand tools in the driveway with a scissor jack. But instead of making a HPFP, you guys went cam/springs (requiring extensive work) just to get that small amount of extra fuel.. Pretty much a fail there for 90% of this community..

Quote:
Are you that inept? OK then. You get e47 by mixing 4 gallons e85 to 5 gallons 93. Have you considered that maybe all this stuff is above your head? I mean holy shit.
Once again, could have learned a lesson from the "mis-informed" and done something that works for the masses. Like figuring out flex fuel tuning. The average guys isn't going to store fuel in his garage with his kids sleeping feet away?? Pump E85 ranges from 51-90% ethanol, so "pump this , then pump that" isn't gonna cut it bud..So then what? Buy super expensive pump E98 only to water it down? That's a ridiculous thought. And I won't even get into "other" ZZP tuning woes..So another fail for 90% of the community in my eyes..

I will just stop there and say Congrats, you have a fast car. The fastest of its kind. Pat yourself on the back, But I really don't see anything legendary going on here. Your part list literally looks like it was copied directly from GM's performance parts catalog from 18 years ago, when they first started releasing parts developed from the Ecotec racing program. I will stick to my cheap LS builds if I want a car sub 10's, for a small fraction of the cost you have here..As far as the rest of us peasants,.. We just want to go faster with shit that works and is available, while still being able to order our Big Mac in the drive through at lunch time. I for one don't have the time or energy to sort out bits and pieces of information scattered here and there just to make things work. (z54 modification, pump modification, super secrete way to dyno these cars ect. ect.) So either be an open or closed book, falling in the middle doesn't work for most of us "regular" guys. You can't just fly in here, and try to rip down genuinely good dudes that are here everyday, helping and sharing their knowledge on this platform. Guys around here, including myself, will make it their personal mission to gape open all the little holes your leaving out in a lot of your vague build statements.

There is a lot more I could/should say but, I just wrapped up a 12 hour drive with 4 crabby kids who spent a week and a half on the beach,..Soo Im a bit exhausted...Good luck...

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote