Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-11-2017, 09:01 AM   #1
Phoenix_Gilmore

Drives: 2020 2SS
Problems with cold air intake

Has anyone had any problems with the injen evolution Intake for the 2.0? Recently my check engine light came on and I heard a loud rattle sound coming from the Intake side of the engine. When I put my stock Intake back in the sound went away. Any ideas?
Phoenix_Gilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:10 PM   #2
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Next time take a video, otherwise we're just pissing in the wind. Was it installed correctly? Everything tightened down?
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:18 PM   #3
Archangle

Drives: 2017 ice sliver 1LT
Sounds like everything isn't tighten down right for the rattling part but the check engine light part sounds like you need to clear out the ecu. I had to do that with my AFE moment gt intake once I did it never came back on after that. I hope that helps you out .
Archangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:52 PM   #4
Beast-Y-Blue

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro turbo
How loud was it? If ur talking about the injen evo 7300 I had the same issue after taking the box in and out several times . Which caused the 1 or all 3 rubber washers located in the location where the air box snaps and seats on the engine bay.. without those, the hard plactic box vibrates on the metal of the car... i think thats ur problem . I bought those rubber washer for $3 ea on ebay... its like $8 each at my locale gm dealer. About the light ive never had a light may be there a leak sowhere....

Last edited by Beast-Y-Blue; 07-11-2017 at 04:18 PM. Reason: more info
Beast-Y-Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:15 PM   #5
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Gilmore View Post
Has anyone had any problems with the injen evolution Intake for the 2.0? Recently my check engine light came on and I heard a loud rattle sound coming from the Intake side of the engine. When I put my stock Intake back in the sound went away. Any ideas?
Did you get the code?
Old 07-12-2017, 06:50 AM   #6
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Agree with Beast, the box does not "clip" in to the grommets like the stock one. That is for the rattle. The code may be coming from the MAF not being transferred correctly. That is really the only electrical component of the CAI. Unless you are throwing a code from air flow, which no one, including myself has had a problem with. I would get an OBD reader and see what the code is. My money's on the MAF.

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 03:33 PM   #7
psykostevo

Drives: Smart
I have seen issues with some of the Cold Air Intakes on the market. It seems to be hit or miss between cars, maybe something slightly off in the install or the designs.

Some cars have had as bad as 29%+ lean Short Term Fuel Trims at idle.
psykostevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:28 PM   #8
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by psykostevo View Post
I have seen issues with some of the Cold Air Intakes on the market. It seems to be hit or miss between cars, maybe something slightly off in the install or the designs.

Some cars have had as bad as 29%+ lean Short Term Fuel Trims at idle.
I'd venture to guess that that had to pertain to the install. A lot of people don't realize that the clamps need to be TIGHT and that 'eh good enough' is going to cause problems.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:38 PM   #9
psykostevo

Drives: Smart
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
I'd venture to guess that that had to pertain to the install. A lot of people don't realize that the clamps need to be TIGHT and that 'eh good enough' is going to cause problems.
Yeah, a lot of people tend to misjudge the couplers and clamps. They think that if they look installed they must be installed. I run into that problem often, and can usually see it in the logs......then commences the "Please fix your clamps", followed by the "Trust me they're installed" or "looks good to me, my buddy helped me" conversation.
psykostevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 03:25 AM   #10
Hero_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast-Y-Blue View Post
How loud was it? If ur talking about the injen evo 7300 I had the same issue after taking the box in and out several times . Which caused the 1 or all 3 rubber washers located in the location where the air box snaps and seats on the engine bay.. without those, the hard plactic box vibrates on the metal of the car... i think thats ur problem . I bought those rubber washer for $3 ea on ebay... its like $8 each at my locale gm dealer. About the light ive never had a light may be there a leak sowhere....
I have the same issue with the airbox its hitting the metal, what kind of rubber washers did you buy from ebay to eliminate the problem I think the lower dimensions of the EVO 7300 and the stock air filter are different the OEM was made in a way to prevent the rattle thats why those washers fit but I don't see the washers fitting on mine???
Hero_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 01:22 AM   #11
b0bsaget007

Drives: 2016 2LT RS Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero_Camaro View Post
I have the same issue with the airbox its hitting the metal, what kind of rubber washers did you buy from ebay to eliminate the problem I think the lower dimensions of the EVO 7300 and the stock air filter are different the OEM was made in a way to prevent the rattle thats why those washers fit but I don't see the washers fitting on mine???
I have the same problem with my EVO7300, what I did is I put some double-sided tape at the point of contact. Good enough to eliminate the vibrations, and it's cheap enough, but it does wear out and I have to replace it every once in a while.

PC: i5-6600; RX 480 4GB; 16GB DDR4; Samsung 950 PRO 512GB SSD
Car: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS 2.0T 6M Blue Velvet Metallic | ZZP Hi-Flow Catted Downpipe | Injen EVO7300 Cold Air Intake
b0bsaget007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:11 PM   #12
Hero_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bsaget007 View Post
I have the same problem with my EVO7300, what I did is I put some double-sided tape at the point of contact. Good enough to eliminate the vibrations, and it's cheap enough, but it does wear out and I have to replace it every once in a while.
Injen needs to get their R&D together before releasing a product to the public this is very unacceptable, I paid 500 CAD dollars for this intake only to get a shitty quality build that is subject to rattle, Injen needs to provide customers with actually rubber grommets that fit why should I or you put a double sided tape over what? this issue needs to be addressed
Hero_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:16 PM   #13
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero_Camaro View Post
Injen needs to get their R&D together before releasing a product to the public this is very unacceptable, I paid 500 CAD dollars for this intake only to get a shitty quality build that is subject to rattle, Injen needs to provide customers with actually rubber grommets that fit why should I or you put a double sided tape over what? this issue needs to be addressed
Go to your local hardware store and buy an assortment of rubber grommets. I get the issue but the intakes been out forever now and not everyone seems to have this issue.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote