Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-25-2018, 07:47 PM   #15
JakeF_RS

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Sorry for the wait, but getting around to things as quick as I can. After the Idaho trip in Aug, B-day in Sept, then Just got back from Universal on Monday. Work, wrestling, and life (the parts you never wanna deal with)... cash has been limited and time even moreso…. then factor in trying to schedule time at a shop. Some of you already know how that is.

So the stuff completed so far:

-JacFab Manifold ported and filled
-Vmaxx TB
-GM Intake with reflash
-Elite Eng. E2x catchcan
-2.5 inch exhaust, personal build, MagnaFlow 6 inch rounds, Mag Tru-X pipe.

wanted to wash the air filter since I haven't touched it since I installed it last year in the fall. don't think it would make too much a difference.

Pull 1 was a kinda half pull... basically he noted that with that gear, the engine would have been doing 150-160 road speed, which isn't anywhere near where id be going through the traps at.

So pulls 2 and 3 were done with 4th gear, and that's usually when I cross the 1/4 mile line, given the tires and wheels I have. I usually just switch into 5th gear then a split second later over the line. so that's the premise for using 4th gear.

Also the shop I went to usually does a lot of high end 1200+ LS builds. but we used a dyno that belongs to a place that does similar 300zx/supra/jdm builds. so for some reason torque wasn't logged or set to BE logged. but we used a speed reading to calculate from the data from HP tuners to get torque which was around 250-255 at the 5250 (5252) mark.

the Dyno was a Dynojet 224x in ground.

Pull 1 - 6th Gear

Pull 2 - 4th Gear

Pull 3 - 4th Gear

apparently the A/F got a lil lean towards the end, and that's with the GM reflash. so there's still room for more.

Tomorrow, if the gods smile down, gonna head to the track right after work. gates open at 4:30 track goes hot at 5. however, its supposed to rain, so that might be depleting. Sat is rain, and theres autoX up in PA... will try to check it out, but sunday is autoX at the home spot. so i'll more than likely be out to that one.
Wow, those are good numbers man. Surprised that your hp was as high as it was, I think the highest we've seen is something like 310 right? With a tune I'm sure you'd be close, even on a 93 octane tune. I'd like to take a run on a dyno and take her to the strip after I get an update for my tune.
JakeF_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 07:09 AM   #16
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Nice numbers! Can't wait to see what it runs at the track this time!

I ran a dynojet for a few years at our shop and with or without a ignition signal the TQ numbers were always the same It uses the drum speed for the TQ calculation, you just have to keep it MPH based.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:30 PM   #17
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Nice numbers Nui ! Glad to see you got her on the rollers! 291 with only the GM reflash for tuning correct? That’s really stout! Impressive! Good job Jason and Nui!
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 08:28 PM   #18
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
Nice numbers! Can't wait to see what it runs at the track this time!

I ran a dynojet for a few years at our shop and with or without a ignition signal the TQ numbers were always the same It uses the drum speed for the TQ calculation, you just have to keep it MPH based.
appreciate it!

yea that's basically what he was saying. I may opt to get another one just for the hell of it in a few weeks and double check for the torque figures are checked. but its good enough to see where the car is currently. plus knowing from the calculations where tq actually was. im good.

track fell through today on my own fault. I drive up to York pa on sat, and I missed out on registration which was now 6 not 8 for the cutoff... I figured to get to the drag track instead, but the closest track was 2 hours away. the local one had a track rental from JPC which is known nationwide for the mustang community. I know it was like 15$ entry, and 50$ test and tune... just wasn't planning to pay that much for a day at the track when its usually 30-40$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF_RS View Post
Wow, those are good numbers man. Surprised that your hp was as high as it was, I think the highest we've seen is something like 310 right? With a tune I'm sure you'd be close, even on a 93 octane tune. I'd like to take a run on a dyno and take her to the strip after I get an update for my tune.
appreciate it! im cool with em. and not to short change me or ghosteye07(I think that's who had it), I think his was e85 and tune. but all dynos can read different. can be variations from some to others. no doubt, im satisfied where it is... now just need to get to the track and check et's.

was gonna wait a couple of weeks and maybe get a second one. may try another location as well as the same one I already did. a tune should be a good eye, opener for myself at least, opener to all the info we currently have. this time I'll remember to run 93, I had 89 in there since all I've been doing is travelling. might make some difference, might not. I'm sure it should allow some timing advance that 89 may limit. in other words, I'll have my ISH more together. last weekend I was in Florida in Clearwater listening to kas futialo, spawnbreezie, and j-boog while on a beach in 80 degrees with 65 degree nights... getting back on Monday night, I was still in what everyone calls my "island mode".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Nice numbers Nui ! Glad to see you got her on the rollers! 291 with only the GM reflash for tuning correct? That’s really stout! Impressive! Good job Jason and Nui!

yea finally, right?! like the SpongeBob cutscene... "2 Years La-tehh"

yea it was only the reflash, and given they said it leaned out near the top a bit, im guessing that's the extra air from the mods. the gm reflash is catered towards just an intake change. but that's the beauty/beast of modding. any changes you make, it will alter the entire setup. the system may compensate to a degree, but for optimal on any mods, tuning is def recommended.

Jason worked the magic... I just installed and ran it.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 10:07 PM   #19
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Your exhaust mod has to help her breathe better on the way out and that always helps! Def great work by Jason, as always.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 11:21 PM   #20
JakeF_RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
appreciate it! im cool with em. and not to short change me or ghosteye07(I think that's who had it), I think his was e85 and tune. but all dynos can read different. can be variations from some to others. no doubt, im satisfied where it is... now just need to get to the track and check et's.

was gonna wait a couple of weeks and maybe get a second one. may try another location as well as the same one I already did. a tune should be a good eye, opener for myself at least, opener to all the info we currently have. this time I'll remember to run 93, I had 89 in there since all I've been doing is travelling. might make some difference, might not. I'm sure it should allow some timing advance that 89 may limit. in other words, I'll have my ISH more together. last weekend I was in Florida in Clearwater listening to kas futialo, spawnbreezie, and j-boog while on a beach in 80 degrees with 65 degree nights... getting back on Monday night, I was still in what everyone calls my "island mode".
I wanna see what kind of numbers you put up at the drag strip when you go back. What's your guess for ETs? It seems liked GM left more on the table with the LGX and the V6 platform than people thought at first. With the kind of numbers you put up there I bet we could see 300 wheel on a non-E85 tune.
Old 10-29-2018, 07:59 PM   #21
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Nice run! What do these typically dyno stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:52 PM   #22
JakeF_RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Nice run! What do these typically dyno stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stock is usually around 260 whp
Old 11-06-2018, 07:24 PM   #23
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I should have these available for easy purchase on the website soon, if anyone is interested, I have two that are half finished almost done that I could have ready to go in the mail within a day or two. Free shipping in the continental US.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote