Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #15
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
There is no way that a 2SS, even loaded, should sticker at 46K. I could see a convertible, but not a coupe. Sticker for that car should be in the low 40's and be offered in the 38-40k range. I went to the Chevrolet build-your-own website and built it with the listed options on the website from what I could see - 2SS, auto, gfx, navigation, stripes, High wing spoiler, body color grill, floor mats and got an MSRP $40135(includes $1500 cash back) I say keep looking for a better deal. better yet, run from that stealership with marking up a previous year model by almost 6k. Please utilize your resources like the Chevy website and this forum before going to any dealership, that way you won't be wasting your valuable time.
Incorrect. It could be a Dusk Edition, Hot Wheels Edition, 1LE or a crazy loaded up 2SS.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #16
Jerminator

Drives: Pending
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzydevil View Post
Looking at the dealers website and autotrader website stock numbers and putting everything that car has such as RS/automatic/the interior IOM/GFX/Heritage grill/rally stripes/nav/carpets/the extra to have IOM body color/spoiler and guessing it has cup and footwell lights the price is 15.00 more than what the dealer is asking at 46,055.00 before the rebate according to the Chevy build your own. So as Zapote21 and 13FastBlkSS said its a good deal for 36,861 total financed. That's 1000 less than I paid for my 1LE.
Turns out it didn't even have Navigation(or he couldn't get it to work)He wouldn't budge on the base price, claimed that the MSRP was for 49 and that 41 was an awesome deal and he couldn't go any lower.

I drove two hours hoping the car would wow me, but it didn't really. So that, along with a crappy dealer experience, convinced me that I'll be fine with a coupe, as long as it is a 2SS/RS with navigation.
Jerminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #17
Jerminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Incorrect. It could be a Dusk Edition, Hot Wheels Edition, 1LE or a crazy loaded up 2SS.
Man I love the paint scheme on the Hot Wheels edition! But I hate the freaking HotWheels logo on everything.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #18
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13FastBlkSS View Post
Even with the aftermarket parts, there is NO WAY I would pay 46k for that car... I would keep looking, you will find a better one.. I would also possibly looking at putting more as a down payment (to help lower your monthly payment), just my 2 cents.

EDIT: if you can get that dealer to sell it to you for 36k out the door w/ tax, license, etc. I would say thats a good deal but if they can't deliver then shop around..
$10k off list? Are you f'n kidding me? In what lifetime??
Old 08-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #19
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Good point, I didn't consider the special edition Camaros.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:33 AM   #20
Jerminator

#!@#$% bait and switch. The price listed on the internet wasn't really the starting price. It was the price with discounts that I don't qualify for (apparently I was supposed to also own an old Silverado).

Dealers are all killjoys.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #21
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerminator View Post
#!@#$% bait and switch. The price listed on the internet wasn't really the starting price. It was the price with discounts that I don't qualify for (apparently I was supposed to also own an old Silverado).

Dealers are all killjoys.
Not all of them play games. Find one that doesn't. You've gotten some feedback from this site.

A portion of dealers throw the "kitchen sink" price into their ads. Apparently this is ok with GM, otherwise it wouldn't be so common.

Weed those dealers out of your search.
Ask yourself-
If their ad pricing is a shell game, whats the rest of the transaction going to be like?
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #22
Jerminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LStick View Post
Not all of them play games. Find one that doesn't. You've gotten some feedback from this site.

A portion of dealers throw the "kitchen sink" price into their ads. Apparently this is ok with GM, otherwise it wouldn't be so common.

Weed those dealers out of your search.
Ask yourself-
If their ad pricing is a shell game, whats the rest of the transaction going to be like?
Yeah, you are right. The whole thing was a shell game. I gave them a number and they pretended to meet it, but it was fuzzy math. Pissed me off. I don't blame them for wanting a sale, but I'm getting depressed.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #23
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
wouldnt it be better to wait after sept 3rd? i heard the 4th new rebates will be coming and probably be more than 1500
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #24
alv927

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ss/rs dusk edition
I was informed that rebates change towards the end of every month, if u don't care what kind, I would shop around maybe even out of state. Its possible to get really good deals there.
alv927 is offline   Reply With Quote