Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-12-2019, 07:15 AM   #15
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
I was running the exact same cats for about 2,500 miles. Im actually selling them now that I switched to a flex fuel tune. It's amazing how horrible the raw gas smell is on regular pump gas but on E85 with offroad pipes I can barely smell anything unless were talking first startup.

Anyhow fwiw these Ultra high GESI cats looked absolutely flawless when I inspected them and they have had quite a number of street pulls on them.

The CSP Video you could see what looked like cat material on every pull coming out the back (dust). Who's to say those weren't already defective from the factory or maybe they were dropped in shipping or something along the way. You just never know.
Well said. I used to work as a factory rep for high efficiency boiler equipment, and the number of times installers screwed up but tried to blame the factory was ridiculous. Not saying that is absolutely the case here, but it definitely happens.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:08 PM   #16
HyperBlueSS1le

Drives: 2018 SS 1le
Cat deletes and fuel system arrived today.
Attached Images

*Procharger P1x w/ stage 2 IC and big red BOV* Full LT4 Fuel System* New Era Performance cat delete pipes* MM Wild catch can* AWE touring axel back exhaust *P3 multi gauge *ACS composite Zl1 side skirts * Zl1 1le painted flowtie
HyperBlueSS1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 05:28 PM   #17
GreatWhiteLT

Drives: 2016 Silver Ice Metallic SS
I don't mean to thread jack or anything, but I am running the MBRP axle back with TSP headers and off road connections. Every time the car starts up when its work it makes this loud rasp noise, I can only assume its because I am catless? Do you think adding some different exhaust could help the sound? I don't have a sound clip but wonder if anyone else has had this issue. I can get a sound clip if you think you have some idea how to help, love the car and all the power now but that is the only thing that makes me semi regret going catless. Thanks guys.
GreatWhiteLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 08:33 AM   #18
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteLT View Post
I don't mean to thread jack or anything, but I am running the MBRP axle back with TSP headers and off road connections. Every time the car starts up when its work it makes this loud rasp noise, I can only assume its because I am catless? Do you think adding some different exhaust could help the sound? I don't have a sound clip but wonder if anyone else has had this issue. I can get a sound clip if you think you have some idea how to help, love the car and all the power now but that is the only thing that makes me semi regret going catless. Thanks guys.
Normal to have that rasp when you have no cats or mufflers. Need to put resonators in the X pipe.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 09:13 AM   #19
Chris V

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
How many guys with failed cats can prove that their tune wasn't letting the bricks get too far over 900*C? I'm betting ZERO because aftermarket tooners rarely even collect that data.

Incomplete combustion, inappropriate AFR's, and "conservative spark" are all great ways to destroy catalysts whether they are OEM or otherwise.
My OEM cats failed with the Whipple Calibration. Everything was as it should be for that calibration.

2017 1SS 1LE - 663 whp/623 wtq
Rotofab/Whipple/Kooks 2"/LT5 TB/LT4 Fueling/E85/MCS Coilovers/Ground Control/GOODAero/Apex Wheels/Race Louvers
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 09:45 AM   #20
GreatWhiteLT

Drives: 2016 Silver Ice Metallic SS
Any recommendations for a resonator for the x-pipe?
GreatWhiteLT is offline   Reply With Quote