Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-26-2018, 05:22 PM   #29
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
anyone have time to do a video of these in operation?

Video of a led turn signal? Looks like any other LED turn signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 05:26 PM   #30
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
Video of a led turn signal? Looks like any other LED turn signal.

Since i have one led bulb in and one regular stock bulb on the other side i will make a quick video to compare and post up here this evening if possible. Definitely brighter with more of a Yellowish tone to it far as i can tell...
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:18 PM   #31
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Since i have one led bulb in and one regular stock bulb on the other side i will make a quick video to compare and post up here this evening if possible. Definitely brighter with more of a Yellowish tone to it far as i can tell...
Cool yeah that’s what I was curious about. How uniform the light output is and the color
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:44 PM   #32
ecko04

LED front turn signal

Quote:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=507443

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=441403

There are quite a few threads about this same topic with pics and videos, above are two.

Old 05-27-2018, 01:36 AM   #33
Nookz

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Hi guys,

regarding the heat: Yes, they do heat up. But so do the original bulbs.

For the poor people whose bulb fell into the housing: Yup, happened to me before. However, since I didn't want to take off the front bumper etc., I took a metal coat hanger, bent it in the shape required to fit inside the housing through the socket and put some sticky double-sided tape on the tip.
Took me around 5 minutes of extreme patience, but was able to fish it out eventually.
Maybe that also works out for you.

Cheers,
Len
Nookz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:35 AM   #34
ecko04

You’re a risk taker! Had that piece of double sided tape also gotten caught inside the headlamp assembly...inside the oven the headlamp goes.

Old 05-27-2018, 10:56 AM   #35
keon718nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nookz View Post
Hi guys,

For the poor people whose bulb fell into the housing: Yup, happened to me before. However, since I didn't want to take off the front bumper etc., I took a metal coat hanger, bent it in the shape required to fit inside the housing through the socket and put some sticky double-sided tape on the tip.
Took me around 5 minutes of extreme patience, but was able to fish it out eventually.
Maybe that also works out for you.

Cheers,
Len

Which side of the car did you loose the bulb into? Because the drivers side there is little to no room for much to get in there.

I cut my hand pretty good with trying to get it out with a hanger and was like a inch away and it rolled back away each time i had it close due to the design its a tad higher and not lever to just pull the bulb out. I am going to try 2 tools i ordered recently and see which one will do it. Last thing i want to do is take that grille off for something like this LOL. If the flexible spring claw doesn't grip on it i will try this magnet grabber...

-
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2018, 12:14 PM   #36
ecko04

The flexible clamp isn’t going to do the trick if you aren’t willing to remove at least the air box. I used them all the time back when I was doing installs. It’s great for an extended reach but to get into pretty tight constrained areas, nope.

Old 05-27-2018, 12:17 PM   #37
keon718nyc

Quote:
The flexible clamp isn’t going to do the trick if you aren’t willing to remove at least the air box. I used them all the time back when I was doing installs. It’s great for an extended reach but to get into pretty tight constrained areas, nope.

I will let you know the outcome and post my results. I had it to where the connector was just sticking out but had nothing to grab with, ill get in that sucker and get the mofo out between one or the other...LOL
Old 05-27-2018, 12:19 PM   #38
keon718nyc

Quote:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=507443

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=441403

There are quite a few threads about this same topic with pics and videos, above are two.

Yes i see and held off on making another post on that. Thanks!
Old 05-27-2018, 02:38 PM   #39
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nookz View Post
Hi guys,

Yeah, but the problem is heat will drastically shorten the lifespan of those LED's, unlike halogen bulbs.

I'll give these LED's a try anyway once they arrive, and will be extra careful not to drop anything into the headlight housing

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:43 PM   #40
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Which side of the car did you loose the bulb into? Because the drivers side there is little to no room for much to get in there.

I cut my hand pretty good with trying to get it out with a hanger and was like a inch away and it rolled back away each time i had it close due to the design its a tad higher and not lever to just pull the bulb out. I am going to try 2 tools i ordered recently and see which one will do it. Last thing i want to do is take that grille off for something like this LOL. If the flexible spring claw doesn't grip on it i will try this magnet grabber...

-

This will not work as there isn’t any or enough metal that the magnet will pick up.
If anyone has fished one out, what was your method and device aside from patience and time? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2018, 09:45 AM   #41
keon718nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
This will not work as there isn’t any or enough metal that the magnet will pick up.
If anyone has fished one out, what was your method and device aside from patience and time? LOL

I hear you on that! I am going to try my best with this bendable small claw thing when it arrives. I can get the bulb to the hole with a hanger i have. Just need to catch the connector part with a tiny claw grip to slide back out.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:32 AM   #42
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
I hear you on that! I am going to try my best with this bendable small claw thing when it arrives. I can get the bulb to the hole with a hanger i have. Just need to catch the connector part with a tiny claw grip to slide back out.

Ordered the claw today and will get it today. My plan is to get the connecting end facing the hole and go straight in and grab it and pull it out.