Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 07-12-2019, 06:54 PM   #99
turbojeep95

Drives: 17 Camaro lt, 22 Camaro LT1
Did you ever find out what the noise was? Love the build man.
turbojeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 01:44 PM   #100
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojeep95 View Post
Did you ever find out what the noise was? Love the build man.
I am 99.9% sure its the belt and others that have heard it have said the same thing.

Thanks though! It is getting there!

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:57 AM   #101
whiskeyfed
Pat

Well it seems my TC has met it's end. I have not brought it to Chevy yet but have an appointment set for Tuesday. My logs indicated that my 1-2 shift was 0.9s and a few other shifts were 0.5s<. Car is still perfectly driveable and it only seems to slip like this at WOT. 50% throttle did not trigger the horrible shifts I am experiencing at WOT.

I am still under TM warranty so hopefully my history of bringing my car in for this problem a few times will push them to actually fix it this time.

Bit bummed out ATM. Just have to wait until Tuesday and see what they can do. I can replicate it on command. The fact that this is a pervasive issue with the A8 transmission works in my favor as well for getting this fixed under warranty.

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 07-25-2019, 10:04 AM   #102
whiskeyfed
Pat

In other news! LOL

I ordered my MBRP dual tip exhaust yesterday Helmholtz resonators should help with the drone on the highway and I really love the look of the axle back. Got from Phastek

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 08-05-2019, 09:54 AM   #103
whiskeyfed
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyfed View Post
Well it seems my TC has met it's end. I have not brought it to Chevy yet but have an appointment set for Tuesday. My logs indicated that my 1-2 shift was 0.9s and a few other shifts were 0.5s<. Car is still perfectly driveable and it only seems to slip like this at WOT. 50% throttle did not trigger the horrible shifts I am experiencing at WOT.

I am still under TM warranty so hopefully my history of bringing my car in for this problem a few times will push them to actually fix it this time.

Bit bummed out ATM. Just have to wait until Tuesday and see what they can do. I can replicate it on command. The fact that this is a pervasive issue with the A8 transmission works in my favor as well for getting this fixed under warranty.
After a diagnostic, it seems that I have missed 2 vital software updates for my TCM. Also am in need of the new fluid flush. Neither of which are going to be covered under my powertrain warranty. I've fought the good fight with multiple dealerships so I am going to wear this one to the chin and fix the issues.

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 08-05-2019, 06:20 PM   #104
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
After a diagnostic, it seems that I have missed 2 vital software updates for my TCM. Also am in need of the new fluid flush. Neither of which are going to be covered under my powertrain warranty. I've fought the good fight with multiple dealerships so I am going to wear this one to the chin and fix the issues.
Not sure why this wouldn't be covered under your Powertrain Warranty when there are Specific TSB's out for the issue. Your TCM isn't Tuned so there's no reason for them to deny service for a known issue.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 01:27 PM   #105
whiskeyfed
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Not sure why this wouldn't be covered under your Powertrain Warranty when there are Specific TSB's out for the issue. Your TCM isn't Tuned so there's no reason for them to deny service for a known issue.
GM apparently does not cover "programming," but would replace the TCM should it have been broken. The TSB's apparently are covered under the 36k mile basic warranty, even though the issue is only related to the tranny.

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 08-07-2019, 12:59 AM   #106
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
GM apparently does not cover "programming," but would replace the TCM should it have been broken. The TSB's apparently are covered under the 36k mile basic warranty, even though the issue is only related to the tranny.
Is that what your dealer told you or what you read somewhere. One of my local ones said if i ever have an issue related to the shudder they'd cover it under the TSB regardless of warranty being over or not because it's been performed enough to be borderline recall territory.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:00 AM   #107
whiskeyfed
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Is that what your dealer told you or what you read somewhere. One of my local ones said if i ever have an issue related to the shudder they'd cover it under the TSB regardless of warranty being over or not because it's been performed enough to be borderline recall territory.
Both actually. I contacted other dealerships as well and they said the same thing. The work is getting done right now and although I am unhappy to be paying for it, it is not breaking the bank and came in a little less than I expected.

Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 08-22-2019, 10:17 AM   #108
whiskeyfed
Pat

Quote:
Both actually. I contacted other dealerships as well and they said the same thing. The work is getting done right now and although I am unhappy to be paying for it, it is not breaking the bank and came in a little less than I expected.
So after about 500 miles of driving, the low throttle shifts are perfect. Much better driveability so it at least fixed that.

Still having the bad 1-2 shifts under full throttle. Speaking with the SM today to see if we can find a solution. Still frustrated as this was my main concern going to the dealership.

Tuned by #danytechtuning