Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

AWE Tuning

Old 05-19-2017, 02:04 PM   #1
Gutling

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2.0 LT
My 2017 2.0

So decided to start this about my car and stuff done to it. Purchased it "used" with 1100 miles on it. Someone bought it new and sold it back about two weeks later.
2017 1LT 2.0 A8
Black

RPI Design stealth splash guards
I ordered front and rear, non premium. Install was a snap, and they look nice and fit well. I live up about a mile and half gravel road, and car is dirty most of the time lol but these seem to work pretty well. I no longer see mud sprays on bottom like I used to.

Husky front/rear floor mats
I had Weathertech in a previous vehicle and loved them. But I heard they had some issues fitting well in our cars so I decided to try the Husky brand. Fit is amazing, very rugged and look nice. Could not be happier with them. I still need to get a trunk liner and plan on Husky for that as well.

AF Dynamic Air Intake
I have a 2017, and most people know the tube fitting is a little different than the 2016. I had to shorten it just a hair with a cut off wheel before the hose would "click" on. Otherwise no fitment issues once I figured out the orientation of everything. Its a copy of the Injen intake. Sounds nice, no cel. Turbo/bypass is loud and noticeable under throttle.

Rexing VP1 Dash Camera
Never had one in a vehicle before but decided to bite the bullet. I bought the model that includes a rear camera along with a hardwire kit. I ran the hardwire kit/rear camera down the headliner to the back, and into the trunk to the fuse box. I am using a add a circuit to get it into the factory fuse box. I know a lot of people use the mirror wires for switched power, but it has a parking monitor function so I wanted constant 12v and already had to run the rear camera to the back anyway. Packaged and instructions very nice, was easy to get a ssd card for it and formatted. I do not have installed yet, going to get windows tinted before i stick it up.

Just ordered Alpine amp and sub, going to put a small 10" in the trunk. I have read there are quite a few variations of the sound systems in the Camaros, mine is Non-bose with an amp in the trunk. So going with Sub Thump harness, and the Alpine amp has speaker level inputs along with signal sensing turn on. Just need a small sealed 10" box.

Alpine MRV-M500
Alpine SWS10D4
Sub Thump harness
Rux Knob

Install went pretty easy. I removed the plastic tray for the factory amp and put a piece of mdf down to mount the factory and alpine amp too. Then made a false floor I still have to carpet and hinge to cover it all. I did have to disconnect the door microphones for the anc, it made constant bass noise when driving.

Door striker plate covers
Got these from a member here, apparently they are on the Cadillac models and simply pop onto ours. Just a small mod nobody will ever notice but does make it look nicer.

New 9/8
ZZP catless downpipe
Fitment was great. Except the secondary o2 sensor bung, since I have an automatic I had to tweak the line. I know they are probably reusing the mold from the ATS, but it seems like a tiny change to the bung would have resolved this issue. I do have a cel, I have a o2 extender but was unable to put it on due to the trans line. I am getting the rest of my exhaust next week, and while its on a lift I will attempt to get the extender on and see if it fools the o2 sensor to get the light off. But as far as bolting up to turbo/factory exhaust and the hanger fitting it all fit well, and I am pleased overall with it.

Diode Dynamics sidemarkers
I got the smoked ones. Excellent service from them, I pm'd them here for a shipping code, but they gave me the labor day code instead since it was bigger discount. I placed my order and in a few days had my lights. Come nicely packaged with good instructions, toke about twenty minutes for all four. Look amazing, on my black car cannot tell I have lights at all in day, and and night the led lines are very sharp. Pics still to come

10/7
Recieved new downpipe. I ordered ZZP catted one to replace my catless one. I am hoping for volume reduction with the Mishimoto exhaust. Will get it installed in a day or so and take pictures. Also ordered a rear diffuser from American Authority. Will get it fitted and exhaust tips lined up with it when it comes in next week. Then will be done with exhaust and diffuser. Future plans call for side skirts, front bumper, maybe hood and maybe spoiler, and some wheels.

Picture of installing catted downpipe and Mishimoto quad tip exhaust. American Authority diffuser came in today to, will get it on tomorrow.

3/21
Been a while since I updated.
I have swapped out the AF Dynamics intake for a Mishimoto one. Overall quality is very nice, and fitment is great. I have had 0 cels with it. Upon first installation I did have a bit of cold weather idle surge, but i loosened the intake and re-tightened everything and it fixed it. Our cars seem extremely sensitive to after-maf air getting in.
Also installed the Mishimoto silicon coolant hoses, overflow tank and their catch can system. Everything fit great, was pretty easy to install and looks very nice. I have to get a pic of the overflow tank and my exhaust with the rear diffuser on, but its snowing pretty good outside right now. Also added zl1 third brake light I got from camaropartsguy, just need the black gm lights now.

Put on my American Authority ZL1 sideskirts

Some updates
20" Axis verde wheels, 9" front and 10" rear. I needed new tires, and didnt want to replace the 18"s but upgrade. I got to get some shorter lug nuts but have recieved ton of compliments on the wheels/color. Was going to go with black but figured bronze stood out a little more.

Also my taillights. LED smoked Helix from CCNorcal. Fit great, look great. I had a non-rs model and needed the harnesses which they supplied, also a free third brake light. Its led and smoked, but has design vs the GM one. The tailights can be sequential turn, they have a switch. The 3rd brake light has flash effect you can turn on and off (Where it blinks a few times when you first press brake to get attention). The LED reverse lights are super bright. No hyperflash and no turn signal flash when I press brakes.

Last edited by Gutling; 07-18-2019 at 08:07 AM.
Gutling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:24 PM   #2
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Nice...

Bring it to Camaro Fest in July...
Old 05-21-2017, 05:54 PM   #3
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Nice...

Bring it to Camaro Fest in July...
Agreed we need more I4s.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 06:13 PM   #4
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Very nice!!
Old 06-19-2017, 12:29 PM   #5
Gutling

Got most of stereo in this weekend. Got to carpet it and hinge it so I can access the amp/fuse box without removing the subwoofer. Sounds amazing, have a few rattles to track down now lol. Also got windows tinted, no outside shots yet because car is covered in tree sap.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:55 AM   #6
Gutling

Bump, few new parts. Also need to wash and take picture lol. I removed the camaro side markers and the rear bowtie
Old 03-21-2018, 08:10 AM   #7
Gutling

New parts! Nothing that would make the car faster lol, but i think enhances underhood appeal
Old 04-04-2018, 11:42 AM   #8
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Looking good man. Is that rear diffuser glossy black?

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 12:10 PM   #9
Gutling

Yeah, it and the sideskirts came painted gloss black from american authority. perfectly match the gba black on the camaro
Old 06-10-2018, 10:37 AM   #10
redone000

Drives: 2017 ZL1, Arctic Blue, A10
Looks great. I'm sure you get at least 10hp from those smoked side marker lights. When I installed mine I could feel the difference. LOL
redone000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:28 AM   #11
CruzinQueen

Drives: 2017 1LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Wow - I really like the car without the spoiler and those side skirts are bada$$. I've been debating on sides skirts and I think I am sold on the AA ZL1's. Nice build.

2019 GMC Terrain SLE 1.5T - Blue Steel Metallic/Black Cloth "Soccer Mom Spec"
CruzinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:42 AM   #12
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzinQueen View Post
Wow - I really like the car without the spoiler and those side skirts are bada$$. I've been debating on sides skirts and I think I am sold on the AA ZL1's. Nice build.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 08:08 AM   #13
Gutling

New updates. Tailights, wheels. Also replaced the factory headlight bulbs with Diode Dynamics LED bulbs and WOW. I highly recommend these. They are just as bright as HIDs, the color matches the drl leds perfectly, and there is no warm up, just instant light. I am super happy with them.