Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-28-2023, 08:24 PM   #379
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
. . . And look where it got them. Supposed "higher profit margins" didn't matter in the end did it?

The Camaro SS (sports car) didn't have safety features a $34k Camry commuter car had. That would've gone a long way in convincing buyers to not worry about visibility.

I am glad my Camaro doesn't have the safety features that Toyota does I do not need the nannies to drive never did. Wife and I have a Subaru Legacy with that stuff and the precollision braking feature keeps randomly malfunctioning and freaking out 8 car lengths away when they aren't braking or slowing down so I have to smash the gas pedal to over ride it. There are others that are super annoying but I will keep this short and on topic.

As far as visibility is concerned I am in agreement with others from another thread. If you set your mirrors right traffic going from your rearview mirror will transition to your side mirrors perfectly with no blind spots and it is exactly how mine are set. That is not meant as a jab in anyway I just had the experience to drive many different vehicles in my time and in my personal opinion the visibility is not bad.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 08:31 PM   #380
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devstrike View Post
I am glad my Camaro doesn't have the safety features that Toyota does I do not need the nannies to drive never did. Wife and I have a Subaru Legacy with that stuff and the precollision braking feature keeps randomly malfunctioning and freaking out 8 car lengths away when they aren't braking or slowing down so I have to smash the gas pedal to over ride it. There are others that are super annoying but I will keep this short and on topic.

As far as visibility is concerned I am in agreement with others from another thread. If you set your mirrors right traffic going from your rearview mirror will transition to your side mirrors perfectly with no blind spots and it is exactly how mine are set. That is not meant as a jab in anyway I just had the experience to drive many different vehicles in my time and in my personal opinion the visibility is not bad.
Ugh, similar experience with my wife's 2023 MB GLE. A handful of times now when backing up and NOTHING behind me, it jams on the brakes. Scares the shit out of me since it feels like and makes me think I hit something. I swear that "feature" has a mind of its own.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 09:17 PM   #381
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devstrike View Post

The problem is, the buying public at large wants those things.
Perception is reality as well and GM did nothing to address it.
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 09:39 PM   #382
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
GM didn't do a good job marketing the car we can debate this and that but at the end of the day it comes down to GM just not caring after they moved everyone off 7th gen development. Point is if they cared they might have marketed more and decided what the actual Camaro customer wanted and what they didn't want.

Also in the last decade from what I have seen from this country perception apparently can be on a individual standpoint and can differ from reality. The visibility concerns I cannot really take personally as an indicator because on this forum and other Camaro groups facebook included its mixed with people like me and then the others saying its not great. I have also come across people that have actually not driven or owned a 6th gen Camaro just saying things about the car too on this subject and others. A complaint that I think everyone can agree with though is drive thru runs are difficult and it does suck you can't fit a helmet through the window. I honestly though wouldn't change a thing about my car and I owned it three years now since new outside of maybe some cosmetics like wheels in the future or something along those lines.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 10:24 PM   #383
1fastz28

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
I get that we are all enthusiasts and we love our cars, but from a business standpoint the Chevy Equinox in 2022 sold over 212,xxx units. The Camaro sold basically 1/10th of that, there just isn't a business case for something like that. Regardless of any government fuel stipulations or whatever, the market decides what people buy, and people simply don't buy coupes. Sad, but it is what it is.
1fastz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 11:26 PM   #384
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin

Drives: '24 VOM 1SS 1LE M6. 1 of 4
Lets dream big

2024 Camaro Z/28 with the Z06 5.5L V8 flat plane crank 670 hp

'Dream' is the operative word in my post
Iconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 01:51 AM   #385
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojas View Post
Relevant... meh. I had 2018 Charger Scat Pack, then 2021 Charger Scat Pack Widebody. When I bought that "old" 2022 ZL1 I was amazed - better interior, much better handling.
Dodge improvements were relevant only in cool factor department, nothing else.
I'm sure you're very correct in all that you mentioned. But the real issue is how many others have had the chance (or desire) to directly compare the two before buying? The mass of those buying are likely the types who are swayed easily by a good ad, "affordable" financing, and most importantly, you're own aforementioned "cool factor".

I have no doubt that moving from a Challenger/Charger to a Camaro, a ZL1 nonetheless, would show how much the "updates/upgrades" to the former are limited in comparison with the latter. But again, how many buyers will ever see that? THAT, is where the issue truely lies.
Old 03-29-2023, 05:38 AM   #386
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastz28 View Post
I get that we are all enthusiasts and we love our cars, but from a business standpoint the Chevy Equinox in 2022 sold over 212,xxx units. The Camaro sold basically 1/10th of that, there just isn't a business case for something like that. Regardless of any government fuel stipulations or whatever, the market decides what people buy, and people simply don't buy coupes. Sad, but it is what it is.
Spot On!
jamala00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 06:31 AM   #387
mariojas

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6 & 2023 Stinger GT AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
I'm sure you're very correct in all that you mentioned. But the real issue is how many others have had the chance (or desire) to directly compare the two before buying? The mass of those buying are likely the types who are swayed easily by a good ad, "affordable" financing, and most importantly, you're own aforementioned "cool factor".

I have no doubt that moving from a Challenger/Charger to a Camaro, a ZL1 nonetheless, would show how much the "updates/upgrades" to the former are limited in comparison with the latter. But again, how many buyers will ever see that? THAT, is where the issue truely lies.
Agree. They could spent few bucks on some limited ads plus add a new wheel option for 1LE and ZL1/E They did nothing to those higher end models.
It's a kind of "they have greener grass" mentality, but you walk up close enough and you see bare spots.

Imagine how much more "market adjustment" we would get if all those people actually knew how good Camaro is

Charger sold! Better to sell, than waiting to be stolen...
mariojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 06:34 AM   #388
mariojas

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6 & 2023 Stinger GT AWD
Quote:
They used to say "win on Saturday, sell on Sunday", meaning, you have to have sporty and/or luxury offerings to bring up value of the brand.
But seeing current generation they will be most likely drown in by vegan leather and CO2 extractors, not sports cars...

Charger sold! Better to sell, than waiting to be stolen...
mariojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 07:27 AM   #389
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
I don't think straight number of sales is the whole story. Our household has purchased more non-enthusiast than enthusiast GM vehicles, yet it was a C6 i owned 15years ago that started us on that path.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 07:31 AM   #390
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Speaking of volume vs niche sales, this mentality of focusing solely on the highest selling segment is counterintuitive to me, and I don't buy it in this case either. Are you/they sure there is zero correlation between high horsepower sports car sales and mundane SUV lot movement? I'm almost certain there is, just look at Dodge; however, the reality IMO is that they only consider the Corvette in this context and the Camaro has indeed become the red headed stepchild.

The silver lining is what mariojas mentioned, we can still get a world class sports car on the cheeeeep, with little to no "market adjustment"

EDIT: Hops has just made my first point while I was typing, heh.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 07:50 AM   #391
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Speaking of volume vs niche sales, this mentality of focusing solely on the highest selling segment is counterintuitive to me, and I don't buy it in this case either. Are you/they sure there is zero correlation between high horsepower sports car sales and mundane SUV lot movement? I'm almost certain there is, just look at Dodge; however, the reality IMO is that they only consider the Corvette in this context and the Camaro has indeed become the red headed stepchild.

The silver lining is what mariojas mentioned, we can still get a world class sports car on the cheeeeep, with little to no "market adjustment"

EDIT: Hops has just made my first point while I was typing, heh.

100% v6, R/T and Scat sales are a direct result of Hellcat lineup. Maybe not every sale. But it is a proven fact it helped a bunch

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 08:01 AM   #392
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
100% v6, R/T and Scat sales are a direct result of Hellcat lineup. Maybe not every sale. But it is a proven fact it helped a bunch
Yup. I'm sure marketing departments even came up with a buzzword for it, say halo effect or something similar.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote