Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-07-2023, 11:56 AM   #1
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
23 ZL1 Coupe allocation available today.

I have a ZL1 coupe allocation available today. 1LE is not available but PDR is. MSRP pricing and you can pick your color/options. I have until 5pm central to make any changes. Otherwise it's going in as a Riverside Blue M6 with nav, PDR and BCD.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 05:08 PM   #2
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
We would have been on the phone already but I’m not in the position just yet. Somebody will be reaching out soon I’m sure. Thanks for putting this out there.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 09:11 PM   #3
Tibby ZL1

Drives: 1968 and 2023 Camaros
I have had an order into my local dealer for 14 months now with no success. I am looking for a Riverside Blue M6 but excuse my ignorance on what PDR and BCD are. I may want this.

Alan Tibbetts (Formerly ZL1TIBS)

Aston, PA
Tibby ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 09:48 PM   #4
Xyebo

Drives: '23 1SS 1LE | '18 1LS V6 [sold]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibby ZL1 View Post
I have had an order into my local dealer for 14 months now with no success. I am looking for a Riverside Blue M6 but excuse my ignorance on what PDR and BCD are. I may want this.

Alan Tibbetts (Formerly ZL1TIBS)

Aston, PA

PDR - Performance Data Recorder, a dashcam that records video with stuff like race track layout, speed, RPM, and G-forces. Track goodie.
BCD - copper-free brakes. Bigger pads and rotors in front.
Xyebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 06:20 AM   #5
Tibby ZL1

Drives: 1968 and 2023 Camaros
Thank you Xyebo. I have been trying to get reinstated on this forum under my ZL1 TIBS and have no idea how to get in touch with the administrators to get me fixed up. I was not looking for either of those options, but I kind of like the brake upgrade. How much larger are the rotors?
Tibby ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 07:54 AM   #6
GearheadSS

The BCD aren't a lot bigger but they are a decent upgrade for $500. They are 398mm vs 390mm in front. The larger BCD front calipers and rotors are from the CT5-V Blackwing.
Old 03-08-2023, 08:02 AM   #7
ShockingZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Chevy Camaro ZL1
m6 is a mistake. The a10 will sell better is more wanted.
ShockingZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 08:03 AM   #8
GearheadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockingZ View Post
m6 is a mistake. The a10 will sell better is more wanted.
Oh really? How long have you been in the car business?
Old 03-08-2023, 08:17 AM   #9
ShockingZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Oh really? How long have you been in the car business?
I was in the car business from the mid 90's until the mid 2000s until I left, went back to school and got a degree and many IT certs and now work as a senior Network engineer.

But yes I was in the business for about a decade at which point high tech automatics didnt exist and manuals were "more fun".

Nowadays, the 8speed and 10speed autos are not only quicker, but in some cases just as fun with responsive manual modes that take driver error out of the equation.

Furthermore in camaro's (ZL1 specifically), the manual version of the ZL1 has ALWAYS been a cheaper version and more readily available model than the ten speed car all the way up to when parts shortages started and MFRs started limiting manual production because of past sales history. This also holds true in the hellcat world. Manual hellcats were the misfits of the hellcat world, and would easily be available to buy used for $10k or more less than the A8 counterpart.

And now because Dodge has stopped all manual production, now people being told they cant have one all the sudden want one.

Its no different with camaros. Everyone seems to want a manual now, but in the end the a10 will still outsell the m6 2:1.
Old 03-08-2023, 08:32 AM   #10
GearheadSS

Quote:
I was in the car business from the mid 90's until the mid 2000s until I left, went back to school and got a degree and many IT certs and now work as a senior Network engineer.

But yes I was in the business for about a decade at which point high tech automatics didnt exist and manuals were "more fun".

Nowadays, the 8speed and 10speed autos are not only quicker, but in some cases just as fun with responsive manual modes that take driver error out of the equation.

Furthermore in camaro's (ZL1 specifically), the manual version of the ZL1 has ALWAYS been a cheaper version and more readily available model than the ten speed car all the way up to when parts shortages started and MFRs started limiting manual production because of past sales history. This also holds true in the hellcat world. Manual hellcats were the misfits of the hellcat world, and would easily be available to buy used for $10k or more less than the A8 counterpart.

And now because Dodge has stopped all manual production, now people being told they cant have one all the sudden want one.

Its no different with camaros. Everyone seems to want a manual now, but in the end the a10 will still outsell the m6 2:1.
Well, I've been ordering Camaros, Corvettes, Trans Ams and almost every other GM model for 23 years. These folders are all full of invoices for 6th gen Camaros and C7 and C8 Corvettes that I've ordered and sold. I think I have a pretty good grasp of what will and won't sell at my dealership.
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2023, 08:38 AM   #11
ShockingZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Well, I've been ordering Camaros, Corvettes, Trans Ams and almost every other GM model for 23 years. These folders are all full of invoices for 6th gen Camaros and C7 and C8 Corvettes that I've ordered and sold. I think I have a pretty good grasp of what will and won't sell at my dealership.
I didnt ask you your credentials nor do I care. You asked me. So do what you want to do obviously. lol And I could post a giant stack of misc papers as well and call them bearer bonds if I wanted and claim Im a billionaire.
Old 03-08-2023, 08:54 AM   #12
GearheadSS

Quote:
I didnt ask you your credentials nor do I care. You asked me. So do what you want to do obviously. lol And I could post a giant stack of misc papers as well and call them bearer bonds if I wanted and claim Im a billionaire.
You made the bold claim that an auto would sell better and that ordering the M6 was a mistake. Get your ass out of here with that shit. You have no idea what the hell you're talking about. I've been doing this a long time and don't need some noob like you to try and tell me what will and won't sell.
Old 03-08-2023, 10:03 AM   #13
Carzzy

Drives: '24 Camaro 2SS Conv. & '21Blazer
Manual transmissions are getting to be a rarity today and soon will be completely gone in the near future. You can't get a C8 Corvette or a Hellcat or a Shelby with a manual anymore. One more model year with the Camaro and that will also be gone!
I think ordering the ZL1 with a manual is a smart move and will sell fast!
Old 03-08-2023, 11:21 AM   #14
ShockingZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
You made the bold claim that an auto would sell better and that ordering the M6 was a mistake. Get your ass out of here with that shit. You have no idea what the hell you're talking about. I've been doing this a long time and don't need some noob like you to try and tell me what will and won't sell.
Some noob...lol Remember I was in the car business while you were still pissing in your diapers man. I had the sense to get out and get a real job and be able to clear F&I money while having all nights, weekends and holidays off without having to work 90 hours a week or 9-9 a few times a week.

The car business is filled with dumb morons making 6 figures for a reason. Once that money grabs you, you are stuck because you'd be selling appliances at Sears otherwise.