Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 03-26-2023, 08:34 AM   #29
brushmore

Drives: 2024 and 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSynergyx View Post
What did you say to the dealer in order for them to put down a deposit for you even though orders haven't opened up yet? And did they say/do anything to make you feel like the order was guaranteed?

EDIT:

Same question to OP, in case you guys can give me some guidance. I'd greatly appreciate it. I want to order a Collector's Edition ZL1 but the few dealers I've been to have basically said the orders aren't up yet and there's no guarantee they'll be able to get one due to the limited number being produced.
It was Stingray in Plant city and I have worked with them before. They have deposit lists for future corvette variants so I asked if they had one for the Camaro and they did. In the corvette space if you wanted to order a ZO6 from an at MSRP dealer you had to be on their list before the Z06 was even announced.

The order is not guaranteed because it depends upon Stingray's allocations but since they are a big dealer I have a chance. Best part is that they don't do markups and will honor the GMS discount. I would say call around to the big dealerships that are likely to have more allocations and ask if you can call dibs now on any allocations they get.
brushmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 09:41 PM   #30
xSynergyx

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushmore View Post
It was Stingray in Plant city and I have worked with them before. They have deposit lists for future corvette variants so I asked if they had one for the Camaro and they did. In the corvette space if you wanted to order a ZO6 from an at MSRP dealer you had to be on their list before the Z06 was even announced.

The order is not guaranteed because it depends upon Stingray's allocations but since they are a big dealer I have a chance. Best part is that they don't do markups and will honor the GMS discount. I would say call around to the big dealerships that are likely to have more allocations and ask if you can call dibs now on any allocations they get.
Thanks for the tips! Making a list now of places to call so I can start casting my net
xSynergyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 03:28 PM   #31
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
So OP has the final laugh!
It was announced last year there would be a special edition package. Just had no details and speculation was yellow. So glad we now know it's NOT yellow.
Old 05-04-2023, 12:24 PM   #32
Adios

Drives: 2023 and 2024 Convertibles
I also RAN to my local state's BMV and got the "PNTHR" plate to go on my Collector edition since the code name for the Project is Panther, and as we all know it was the code for the original 1967 Camaro project too. I have that plate on my SUV now waiting to go on the car someday...

This OP is smiling....

Adios is offline   Reply With Quote