Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 12-04-2019, 08:43 PM   #1
Jtorto10

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LS
Amp Install Non-Bose System

Just finished up my install on a 2018 Camaro Non Bose system. I started out by getting some MDF board from Home Depot and cut out the corner for the rear fuse box to have a solid base to mount the amplifier. I then made a template of the board and drilled the necessary holes for the studs sticking up from the bottom of the trunk. I then drilled holes in the MDF board to mount the amplifier with bolts sticking up from the bottom, along with regular washers and lock washers and a nut on the end to ensure the amp would stay securely mounted (which may have been a bit overkill lol). I found some nuts which fit the studs to tighten the board to the bottom of the vehicle and wrenched them down. Once the base was secure I moved on to wiring the amplifier. I ran power, fuse and ground for the amp to the existing sources on the vehicle. I used the T-Harness and connected both front channels to my line output converter. I then ran both power and ground for the converter to the other sources already on the vehicle. I ran the remote wire from the converter to the amp and connected the RCA cables. I then used some Velcro adhesive to secure the output converter and fuse to the MDF board. I cleaned up some of the wires with zip ties and split loom then tested the system. Everything is working properly and I am currently just waiting for my subwoofer box to arrive to finish mounting the speakers. Overall, the install was pretty simple and not having to cut into any stock wires is always a plus. I plan to upgrade my monoblock amplifier in the spring to a 5 channel which would allow me to amplify all the door speakers and run subs as well. Hopefully this post will help give some ideas to those thinking about installing another amp as well.

Name:  Install1.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  85.4 KB

Name:  Install2.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  86.1 KB

Name:  Install3.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  63.5 KB

Name:  Install4.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  54.5 KB

Name:  Install5 (2).jpg
Views: 620
Size:  119.8 KB

Name:  Install6.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  103.0 KB

Name:  Install7.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  130.3 KB

Name:  Install8.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  101.1 KB

Name:  Install10 (2).jpg
Views: 631
Size:  375.0 KB
Jtorto10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:12 PM   #2
Boogie4bear

Drives: 1lt
Amplified door chime or were you able to go around that issue? I keep hearing mixed reviews. People on youtube claim it wasn't an issue. The forum posts seem like it is.
Boogie4bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:20 PM   #3
Jtorto10

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LS
I have not noticed any amplified door chime with my setup. If by chance it was increased at all, it must have been very minimal and does not bother me whatsoever.
Jtorto10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:35 PM   #4
RLNTLSS
INTSAGRAM: Failwish

Drives: 2019 /2SS LT1
Same here..i do have a louder alarm sensor backing up or front end alrm now..but thats worth it for me