Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-18-2016, 01:28 PM   #1
AchiliesSS

Drives: 2017 Black on Black 1SS
Fly Bye Wire Peddal Feel Random

how about you guys? but does your peddle at times feel literally none responsive for short periods at a certain extent? I have found that putting it in Track mode vs Touring the pedal is typically a lot more responsive but at time in Touring if I try to give a quick blimp on throttle then the car doesn't even respond, a serious lag! Sometimes even in Touring its seems immediate response even at small quick increments and other times as I described, LAG! How does yours feel.
AchiliesSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:35 PM   #2
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
In track mode it feels very off and not as responsive as say Sport mode. From what others are saying its normal. I often question it though. As far as Tour and Sport, I've never really felt what you are describing.
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:51 PM   #3
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
These cars do not react like carburetor cars. The computer runs the car a quick blimp, most likely confuses the computer it might read it as to much fuel for the speed it is going, If the car thinks the wheels are going to spin the Traction control will chime in. The computer thinks it is not right gear, A host of things. As the years are going by the computer is going to run more and more input, Hell not to long and they are going to take away the steering wheel away!!
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:53 PM   #4
AndyUK

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
In track mode it feels very off and not as responsive as say Sport mode. From what others are saying its normal. I often question it though. As far as Tour and Sport, I've never really felt what you are describing.
In sport mode the pedal is advanced somewhat, so 100% throttle command happens at say 70% pedal travel. Tip in is also reduced compared with tour.

In track mode pedal and throttle are matched 100% to 100%, so it feels "less responsive" if you are timid on the pedal. If you mash it to the floor then sport and track will feel the same.
AndyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:57 PM   #5
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
I'm guessing your car is manual?
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 02:04 PM   #6
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchiliesSS View Post
how about you guys? but does your peddle at times feel literally none responsive for short periods at a certain extent? I have found that putting it in Track mode vs Touring the pedal is typically a lot more responsive but at time in Touring if I try to give a quick blimp on throttle then the car doesn't even respond, a serious lag! Sometimes even in Touring its seems immediate response even at small quick increments and other times as I described, LAG! How does yours feel.

Tour mode is slow reacting and not linear. You cannot "blip" the throttle in that mode. It also serves for fuel savings.

If you want fast reacting throttle you need to put it in track mode.

This is how it was designed to work.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 02:45 PM   #7
crazydmc
ummmm

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Nightfall w/Blk Wheels
I hate that the pedal changes for different modes... particularly with a manual trans. I don't see the point in it. I'm not fooled into saying "it is more responsive" in this mode or that mode... it is a gimmick.

Sport mode is the closest to having the engine respond at first touch. Track mode is worst, you push the pedal a bit and nothing happens.

apparently you have to buy an aftermarket gadget to fix this.
crazydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 02:47 PM   #8
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydmc View Post
I hate that the pedal changes for different modes... particularly with a manual trans. I don't see the point in it. I'm not fooled into saying "it is more responsive" in this mode or that mode... it is a gimmick.

Sport mode is the closest to having the engine respond at first touch. Track mode is worst, you push the pedal a bit and nothing happens.

apparently you have to buy an aftermarket gadget to fix this.

They make one and its been reviewed on here. I personally like the throttle changing with the modes.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 03:17 PM   #9
AchiliesSS

Drives: 2017 Black on Black 1SS
Yes, my car is a M6 and I found some detailed info in the user manual, and it says that the pedal doesn't change between tour and sport and only in track, I don't know where people are getting there info in where it is linear and non between sport and tour. And the pedal change in the modes I can see being good for snow and ice, but sport and tour? I rather full control, and I hope someone comes up with a way to get the set up you choose from last driving the car to default and not always back to tour, tract on and rev match off.
AchiliesSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 03:47 PM   #10
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchiliesSS View Post
Yes, my car is a M6 and I found some detailed info in the user manual, and it says that the pedal doesn't change between tour and sport and only in track, I don't know where people are getting there info in where it is linear and non between sport and tour. And the pedal change in the modes I can see being good for snow and ice, but sport and tour? I rather full control, and I hope someone comes up with a way to get the set up you choose from last driving the car to default and not always back to tour, tract on and rev match off.
Pretty sure my friends stays on Sport (his choice)...I also felt a difference from tour to sport to track in throttle pedal response from what I remember as well. I thought I liked sport the best...