Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-08-2016, 11:46 AM   #57
Disarmer

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE
Looks like I'm priced out of this one. It was fun while it lasted
Disarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #58
aestil

Drives: White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disarmer View Post
Looks like I'm priced out of this one. It was fun while it lasted
I mean they told you how much content was coming with this package, so I think probably you suspected you were 'priced out of this' when they announced the what was part of the package, right?

$6500 is a significant value for all the stuff put into this option package. I guess a better comment would be 'the options included in this package are not ones I would want to pay for, so it is not a good value for me'.
aestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:32 PM   #59
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestil View Post
I mean they told you how much content was coming with this package, so I think probably you suspected you were 'priced out of this' when they announced the what was part of the package, right?

$6500 is a significant value for all the stuff put into this option package. I guess a better comment would be 'the options included in this package are not ones I would want to pay for, so it is not a good value for me'.

Couldn't agree more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:34 PM   #60
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
for those that dont like the price, you can order one like i did(1SS NPP Magride) and change the tires out. if you're not hardcore, you'll be pretty damn close. i mean the 1LE is worth it but you do have other options if you don't want to spend the extra couple Gs and you won't be too sad. lol
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:36 PM   #61
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
I also noticed the quoted 0-60 time is a tenth lower then what they say for a regular SS. I guess the eLSD/tires does help with that. So with magazine tests hitting 4.0 with a regular SS, will we see a 3.9 out of this?
The 5th gen 1LE was also a little slower than the LS3 SS M6. I owned and drag raced both. Although in the 5th gen the gearing was very different. The Goodyears did not launch as hard as the Pirellis and you had to shift into 4th in the 1LE. The 1LE was much more fun to drive though.

The tires may be the cluprit here as you said. But also the DA at the time of the test could easily be responsible for the tenth difference. With practice, a good DA, and a prepped track I would think all factory times are beatable.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:37 PM   #62
Nostalgic1
Account Suspended

Drives: Not that fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
Camaro 1SS W/Options Pricing:
1SS: $36,905
Magnetic Ride: $1,695
Dual Mode Exhaust: $895
6-Piston Front Brake Upgrade: $3,175
Total: $42,670
Not Included (or available) for this price: ELSD, Recaro's, Better wheels/tires, aero package, improved suspension tuning, head up display

Camaro 1LE Pricing:
1SS: $36,905
1LE: $6,500
Total: $43,405
1LE includes Dual Mode Exhaust, Magnetic Suspension (with more performance oriented tuning), 6-Piston Front Brakes, head up display, ELSD, aero package

Difference: $735

So a 1LE is only $735 more than a "similarly equipped" 1SS but for that $735 you get a lot more value for track performance.

I'd say the 1LE is very fairly priced for what it will be capable of!
Base on a 2017 1SS is $37,900. Still, it's awesome performance for the price.
Nostalgic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:41 PM   #63
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
A car that will compete with cars costing $10k+ more and people are complaining that the package cost $6500? Once again the 1LE is the biggest performance bargain in the segment. If you need features removed to make the option cheaper, than this is not the car for you. The engineers and bean counters did a good job of balancing the performance value and price. If the balance doesn't fit your price point, then you move on to something that does. No point in complaining. It's a great car at a great price that happens to not fit your needs or budget. I want a Z06, but I don't complain about the price or comment "they should have done x, y, or z to make it affordable for me".

/rant
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:46 PM   #64
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
I want a Z06, but I don't complain about the price or comment "they should have done x, y, or z to make it affordable for me".
yup

car runs with track tuned M4s and shelbys for $44k. We're good!
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:50 PM   #65
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
yup

car runs with track tuned M4s and shelbys for $44k. We're good!
Comfortably and under warranty
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:52 PM   #66
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
for those that dont like the price, you can order one like i did(1SS NPP Magride) and change the tires out. if you're not hardcore, you'll be pretty damn close. i mean the 1LE is worth it but you do have other options if you don't want to spend the extra couple Gs and you won't be too sad. lol
Well said. I bet the 1LE suspension upgrade will be made available to the SS. And you can sell the stock wheels and tires and buy 19" 1LE replica wheels for a good selection of tires. I am sure the 1LE level front brakes can be done for way less than $3K DIY. And the E-Diff only makes a slight difference in track times according to testing. But makes tracking behavior a bit more predictable.

Go find a 1SS for 15% off and build you own 1LE. It is much easier and more sensible to build a 1LE out of an SS than to build a ZL1 out of an SS.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:54 PM   #67
Disarmer

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestil View Post

I was on the edge of being able to afford it, I was just being hopeful. I agree it is a significant value for the options and I would love to pay for them. However, the money just isn't in the bank for it - thus I've been "priced out" of it unfortunately.

I'm sure anyone who shells out for it will be more than happy.
Disarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:57 PM   #68
slick3

Drives: Garnet Red - 20 ZLE
So any rumor when I can actually order the damn thing. Now that pricing and options are all but confirmed, I still need to order the thing..

Im thinking Garnet Red with PDR.
slick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:59 PM   #69
Nostalgic1
Account Suspended

Drives: Not that fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
$6500...not bad. I was hoping for under $6000, but I will take it...

Now, when can we order one?
Considering that 76% of respondents in the pricing poll guessed under $6000 for the package, you're not alone!
Nostalgic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 01:07 PM   #70
aestil

Drives: White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disarmer View Post
I was on the edge of being able to afford it, I was just being hopeful. I agree it is a significant value for the options and I would love to pay for them. However, the money just isn't in the bank for it - thus I've been "priced out" of it unfortunately.

I'm sure anyone who shells out for it will be more than happy.
So I have to assume you were hoping it was going to be $5k?

One school of thought says wait 3 more months to save up the extra $1500 and then buy the car you actually want at that point in time. If you were hoping it was going to be less than $5k I don't know what to tell you, as that was never a realistic option with everything included in this package.

But, whatever the case, I hope you find what you're looking for
aestil is offline   Reply With Quote