Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-18-2017, 03:40 PM   #15
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Keep in mind, some sanctioning bodies will not allow these (NASA is the main one that comes to mind). It does not meet their requirements.
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:53 PM   #16
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
interesting. subscribed.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:09 PM   #17
2010REDSS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlhay2 View Post
I believe their website states it WILL NOT work with a HANS device.
Correct. No HANS device. Because the ASM capabilities of this system are a result of the stretch you get in one of the shoulder straps, which won't allow the HANS device to then prevent the forward motion of your helmet.

Can't have both.

Hence why I went with the cage and full harness.

This system (the OP) is a great solution for holding you in place during track driving. Much better than stock belts. Good protection for a more modest wreck.

Not such a great solution if you have a significant interaction with a wall.

Combination of the tracks I run and some of the wrecks I've seen, decided to go the cage and harness route. I'm actually looking to replace the stock seats with a halo seat for next season.

Worst wreck I've seen personally a friend completely destroyed his GT350R in the Kink at RA and walked away. Said his Harnesses and HANS device worked perfectly, but he would not have been ok without the Halo seat (side to side head and neck protection).

Like most things....its a matter of how much you want to mod, how much you want to spend, how safe you want to be.

2018 ZL1 1LE "RAZECAR"
2016 2SS Convertible "NOTOPSS" (Sold)
2015 Z/28 #306 "ITZFAST"
2010 2SS Coupe "FASSTER" (Sold)
2002 SS/RS "02FASST" (Sold)
2007 Factory Five Racing GTM "REDBLUR" (Sold)

"There are two kinds of cars. Red....and everything else!"
2010REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:32 PM   #18
wstaab

Drives: 69 Z28, 2018 ZL1 1LE
The Schroth's Quick Fit Pro is HANS device compatible. There is a BMW model that will work with GM seat belt recepticles. Need to check the BMW model number.
Expensive, $345.
tnspd how did you remove the bottom rear seat cushion to install the belts to the seat belt bolts?
wstaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:19 AM   #19
tnspd

Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick3 View Post
I wonder how safe these are routed through the head rest how you have it. Is it comfortable around your neck when you are locked in? How tall are you if you dont mind me asking.
I have only used it in fitting and testing. I have not been on the track yet. So far it feels fine to me. I believe it says to route it the way I have it. If need be I could slip it over the outside of the head rest if I feel it needs to be. I am 6 feet tall.
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:23 AM   #20
tnspd

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstaab View Post
The Schroth's Quick Fit Pro is HANS device compatible. There is a BMW model that will work with GM seat belt recepticles. Need to check the BMW model number.
Expensive, $345.
tnspd how did you remove the bottom rear seat cushion to install the belts to the seat belt bolts?
I pulled up on the back part of the rear bottom seat cushion and worked from there.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:27 AM   #21
tnspd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010REDSS View Post
Correct. No HANS device. Because the ASM capabilities of this system are a result of the stretch you get in one of the shoulder straps, which won't allow the HANS device to then prevent the forward motion of your helmet.

Can't have both.

This system (the OP) is a great solution for holding you in place during track driving. Much better than stock belts. Good protection for a more modest wreck.

Combination of the tracks I run and some of the wrecks I've seen, decided to go the cage and harness route. I'm actually looking to replace the stock seats with a halo seat for next season.

Worst wreck I've seen personally a friend completely destroyed his GT350R in the Kink at RA and walked away. Said his Harnesses and HANS device worked perfectly, but he would not have been ok without the Halo seat (side to side head and neck protection).

Like most things....its a matter of how much you want to mod, how much you want to spend, how safe you want to be.
Agreed. For me, just doing HPDE events this will keep me from sliding around in the seat a lot better than the stock seat belt could. This also allows me to use my stock seat belts any other time.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:58 PM   #22
Ehuerta
USN VET

Drives: 2016 SS sedan, 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:

Can't have both.

Who built and installed your cage? was it painted before install?

Who made the cage? How difficult was the install?
Ehuerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 01:43 AM   #23
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:

Can't have both.

Thanks Guys
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:35 AM   #24
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Same set-up I ran in my 5th gen 1LE for autocross, the harness passed tech inspection at a SCCA National level for autocross 3 times with no issue in 2 different classes FS and CAM
Old 02-14-2018, 01:33 PM   #25
dchesrown

Drives: ZL1-1LE
Quick fit pro not made for Camaro. Looking for Buckle compatibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstaab View Post
Expensive, $345.
What BMW model buckle works with the Camaro? I called Schroth and they would not say because it is not tested to work with the Camaro, something about the angle it hooks into the backseat the other set up uses the same angle but because it needs to be bolted in there is no liability to Schroth.
dchesrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:10 PM   #26
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
https://www.schrothracing.com/produc...fi-ii-asm#1598

These are DOT approved (due to the buckle design), can be used with a HANS, and can be upgraded to a 5 or 6-point true anti-submarine later. I have these in my car with the Brey Krause R-1155 harness bar and use them with my HANS devices, both driver and passenger.

Yes, I'd rather have the full (NHRA) certified 12-point cage that is in my street / strip drag Firebird. If I end up buying a ZL1 1LE to go along with my SS 1LE late in the year, one of these, probably the SS 1LE, will get caged with two full containment seats, a fire suppression system (in car, underhood, and underneath like my Firebird).
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:55 PM   #27
dchesrown

Drives: ZL1-1LE
I did not want to add a harness bar I just wanted the Quick Fit Pro set up. As stated in the other post if there is a BMW buckle that works in the Camaro it would just clip in and out for HPDE driving. Otherwise, I am going to buy this

https://www.schrothracing.com/produc...lye-belts#1575

Not as elegant as the Quick Fit option.
dchesrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:09 AM   #28
McBrayer

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I am a FIRM believer that "to each is own", so I do not make too many comments about what others do, BUT

There is no way in hell I would want to be harnessed upright in a vehicle without a roll bar or cage.

But i'm in a love affair with my head and don't want to loose it or it's option.

McBrayer is offline   Reply With Quote